Kiffin reprimanded again. One more and possibly suspension. Dan Mullen Reprimanded as well.

SacFalcFan

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (Oct. 26, 2009) ? Southeastern Conference Commissioner Mike Slive has issued a public reprimand to University of Tennessee head football coach Lane Kiffin for his public comments concerning officiating Sunday.

"Coach Kiffin has violated the Southeastern Conference Code of Ethics," Slive said. "SEC Bylaw 10.5.4 clearly states that coaches, players and support personnel shall refrain from all public criticism of officials.”

“This is the second reprimand for Coach Kiffin in this calendar year. Coach Kiffin is on notice that for any further violations of SEC policies will subject him to additional penalties including suspension.”

As expected, Mississippi State's Dan Mullen joined the SEC's growing list of coaches being reprimanded Monday for comments he made about the officials following the Bulldogs' 29-19 loss to Florida.

Mullen was upset that the replay official did not rule that Florida's Dustin Doe fumbled the ball before he crossed the goal line in the fourth quarter on an interception return. Replays appeared to show that the ball was loose.

In the last two weeks, three SEC coaches have been reprimanded for publicly criticizing officials. Arkansas' Bobby Petrino was popped last week and Tennessee's Lane Kiffin earlier Monday.

When was the last time a HC was suspended, i cant recall. He complains too much, he also said he would probably get another meaningless letter from the sec too.. :lol: He should of been complaining to himself for letting all that time run off the clock and going for a 44 yarder. Instead he will complain about a call that he got wrong in the first place. i doubt they will miss him if they do suspend him with pops stepping in and taking over. But his rep as a whining coach who makes false promises is already taking hold.

When was the last time a HC was suspended, i cant recall. He complains too much, he also said he would probably get another meaningless letter from the sec too.. :lol: He should of been complaining to himself for letting all that time run off the clock and going for a 44 yarder. Instead he will complain about a call that he got wrong in the first place. i doubt they will miss him if they do suspend him with pops stepping in and taking over. But his rep as a whining coach who makes false promises is

already taking hold.

I just dont get it. He tries to make everyone believe all his comments are too bring attention to the program and boost recruiting but the truth is he is just

way too immature to be a HC at this point and cant keep his mouth shut judging from his actions. I am not hating on the guy as some suggested but its the way he comes across IMO.

Its not his coaching, its his attitude, ego and immaturity. Even if I were a UT fan and we were winning, I wouldn't approve of his actions. Can you imagine any old schoolers like Johnny Majors, Bear, Dooley or Shug whining like this? I mean I know college football has changed but come on.

There have always been controversial calls and I am glad the refs where suspended but now the other side of that coin is every single loss now teams are trying to blame it on officiating and that is a slippery slope as well. Its kind of out of control and a lot of this is on the refs with their terrible calls this season but once that door is opened its gets used a lot more it seems.This isn't the first year we have had bad officiating thats for sure.

I just dont get it. He tries to make everyone believe all his comments are too bring attention to the program and boost recruiting but the truth is he is just

way too immature to be a HC at this point and cant keep his mouth shut judging from his actions. I am not hating on the guy as some suggested but its the way he comes across IMO.

Its not his coaching, its his attitude, ego and immaturity. Even if I were a UT fan and we were winning, I wouldn't approve of his actions. Can you imagine any old schoolers like Johnny Majors, Bear, Dooley or Shug whining like this? I mean I know college football has changed but come on.

There have always been controversial calls and I am glad the refs where suspended but now the other side of that coin is every single loss now teams are trying to blame it on officiating and that is a slippery slope as well. Its kind of out of control and a lot of this is on the refs with their terrible calls this season but once that door is opened its gets used a lot more it seems.This isn't the first year we have had bad officiating thats for sure.

Johnny Majors has actually become a very close friend of Lane Kiffin and was with the team in the locker room. Try again.

It's a new world. Lane realizes everything is about recruiting. It will pay off.

Clearly this coaching staff is very talented. The wins will come in time. Talent is rolling in.

He's just saying what most would be thinking in these situations. I understand the rules (they have them in pro sports too) but let's be real...the officiating has been ATROCIOUS the last few weeks in this conference and that after the fact apologizing is a bunch of BS.

Thank you, sir. Finally a voice of reason from an opposing team's fan.

I have no problem with Lane voicing his displeasure -- but he should know the rules before commenting. As explained by the SEC, the helmet throw by Cody would not have resulted in a re-kick for Tennessee. It is one thing for some armchair quarterbacks on this message board to not realize that rule, but another thing for an SEC Head Coach to be clueless in his comments.

And in case anyone missed it, Gary Danielson announced today that he blew it during the broadcast because he incorrectly stated the rule.

I have no problem with Lane voicing his displeasure -- but he should know the rules before commenting. As explained by the SEC, the helmet throw by Cody would not have resulted in a re-kick for Tennessee. It is one thing for some armchair quarterbacks on this message board to not realize that rule, but another thing for an SEC Head Coach to be clueless in his comments.

And in case anyone missed it, Gary Danielson announced today that he blew it during the broadcast because he incorrectly stated the rule.

Please link the official statement from the SEC. The ball was still in play, was it not? I distinctly remember the ref blowing his whistle only after McClain took a knee with the ball--well after Cody had taken his helmet off.

Please see the accompanying game recap when debating this issue.

Thanks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=220908005

Johnny Majors has actually become a very close friend of Lane Kiffin and was with the team in the locker room. Try again.

It's a new world. Lane realizes everything is about recruiting. It will pay off.

Clearly this coaching staff is very talented. The wins will come in time. Talent is rolling in.

I had heard Major was back around with Fulmer out but I still doubt if he approves of the Kiffins actions. Its a sad statement if College football has come to all this and all the whining IMO. I know there have been bad calls ( worse than usual) but there have always been bad calls in football.

Your problem at UT has not been recruiting in a long time, it has been coaching and you do have talented coaches there and I have stated that also but LK Is the least proven of them all at this point and continues to look ridiculous with his rants and lack of knowledge of even the rules. As long as that staff is able to stay together , he will have some success but how long that will be who knows and I think the success will not be near as much as your anticipating.

Please link the official statement from the SEC. The ball was still in play, was it not? I distinctly remember the ref blowing his whistle only after McClain took a knee with the ball--well after Cody had taken his helmet off.

Please see the accompanying game recap when debating this issue.

Thanks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=220908005

Wrong, wrong, wrong. See my post below regarding the SEC citing Kiffin for not knowing the rules again -- also see my response in the other Kiffin thread. You Vols' fans know the rules about as well as your coach.

Better start working on a back-up excuse for the loss because the re--kick excuse has been debunked.

Well, Johnny Majors couldn't beat Alabama either, so him and Lane have that in common already.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. See my post below regarding the SEC citing Kiffin for not knowing the rules again -- also see my response in the other Kiffin thread. You Vols' fans know the rules about as well as your coach.

Better start working on a back-up excuse for the loss because the re--kick excuse has been debunked.

JDU, when you finish reading the SEC rulebook, I look forward to your response.