Analyzing the Falcons schedule going foward

g-dawg

I am not happy with the loss to the Cowboys just like you guys are not. Our secondary/corners are awful in Crisp Houston and Brent Grimey and offensive line/Michael Turner looked awful as well. Having said that, its only one game and Falcons players/coaches will look to clean it up and get corrected. I thought we would beat Miami, Carolina, SanFran and Chicago and anticipated losses to New England and Dallas - no shame in either of the losses - just "the way" we lost both of those games was demoralizing.

Here is how I see it as we stand at 4-2 now - for the rest of the way:

Wk#8-@ New Orleans LOSS (let's be real, nobody else can stop Saints now and our secondary is BAD!!!)

Wk#9-vs. Washington WIN (this should be a win - or ELSE!!!)

Wk#10-@ Carolina WIN(we matchup well against teams that cannot pass like Panthers)

Wk#11-@ NY Giants LOSS (if we could not protect Ryan agains Cowboys D, well this could get UGLY!!!)

Wk#12-vs. Tampa WIN (this should be a walkover blowout game)

Wk#13-vs. Philadelphia LOSS (this is must win for Falcons but we matchup bad against this blitz defense and off).

Wk#14-vs. New Orleans WIN (i don't know "how" but some way Falcons find a way against Saints at home)

Wk#15-@ NY Jets LOSS (Falcons must stop the run. Another blitz tough defense that will make it hard on offense)

Wk#16-vs. Buffalo WIN (Bills just don't have enough offense to keep up with Falcons-bad QB play for Bills)

Wk#17-@ Tampa WIN (if in the playoff hunt, there should be no loss of motivation)

That was being as objective as I can. We have to admit this teams deficiencies right now and hope that the ccoaching staff and players will improve. Given that Saints, Giants, Vikings and Cardinals probably win their divisions, Falcons are probably competing with Cowboys and Eagles for two playoff spots. The Cowboys have playoff tie-breaker on head-to-head meeting - I think the Falcons MUST find a way to beat the Eagles at home which will be a key game to the season. I also think its important for Falcons to at least split with Saints.

I think going 10-6 - which is what I am predicting above will have us on the "outside, looking in" - Falcons need to win 11 games to be assured of playoff berth - just like last year.

I am not conceding the division but - let's be honest - if Drew Brees stays healthy and Falcons lose next week - its pretty improbable that we will catch the Saints.

Please feel free to comment on all of the above.

also who knows what happens with injuries and what not..who knew Oakland would beat Philly..Thats the thing all the teams in the East are going to play each other over the next couple of weeks so thats a good thing for us. We also have to now worry about the Green Bay Packers making a playoff push .

GB schedule

vs Minny

@Tampa

vs Dallas

vs SF

@Det

vs Balt

@Chi

@Pitt

vs Sea

@Arizona

I am not happy with the loss to the Cowboys just like you guys are not. Our secondary/corners are awful in Crisp Houston and Brent Grimey and offensive line/Michael Turner looked awful as well. Having said that, its only one game and Falcons players/coaches will look to clean it up and get corrected. I thought we would beat Miami, Carolina, SanFran and Chicago and anticipated losses to New England and Dallas - no shame in either of the losses - just "the way" we lost both of those games was demoralizing.

Wk#8-@ New Orleans LOSS (let's be real, nobody else can stop Saints now and our secondary is BAD!!!)

Wk#10-@ Carolina WIN(we matchup well against teams that cannot pass like Panthers)

Wk#11-@ NY Giants LOSS (if we could not protect Ryan agains Cowboys D, well this could get UGLY!!!)

Wk#13-vs. Philadelphia LOSS (this is must win for Falcons but we matchup bad against this blitz defense and off).

Wk#14-vs. New Orleans WIN (i don't know "how" but some way Falcons find a way against Saints at home)

Wk#15-@ NY Jets LOSS (Falcons must stop the run. Another blitz tough defense that will make it hard on offense)

Wk#16-vs. Buffalo WIN (Bills just don't have enough offense to keep up with Falcons-bad QB play for Bills)

Wk#17-@ Tampa WIN (if in the playoff hunt, there should be no loss of motivation)

That was being as objective as I can. We have to admit this teams deficiencies right now and hope that the ccoaching staff and players will improve. Given that Saints, Giants, Vikings and Cardinals probably win their divisions, Falcons are probably competing with Cowboys and Eagles for two playoff spots. The Cowboys have playoff tie-breaker on head-to-head meeting - I think the Falcons MUST find a way to beat the Eagles at home which will be a key game to the season. I also think its important for Falcons to at least split with Saints.

I think going 10-6 - which is what I am predicting above will have us on the "outside, looking in" - Falcons need to win 11 games to be assured of playoff berth - just like last year.

I am not conceding the division but - let's be honest - if Drew Brees stays healthy and Falcons lose next week - its pretty improbable that we will catch the Saints.

I think we stand a good chance to beat all of the remaining teams on our schedule, the Saints probably give us the biggest challenge but outside of them all the other winning teams have just about as many weaknesses as we do.

The key game to our season is @ Carolina.

We win that game I think we have a great shot to make a playoff run..We some how lose that game we finish maybe 9-7

your joking right? If beating Carolina is the key to our season then I would be very confident. I am assuming the Falcons will be good enough to get that done with Jake at the helm and the no passing game....

all the games are important but beating Carolina must be a "given" - if Falcons are not good enough to go on road and beat a mediocre Carolina team - then Falcons are not deserving of going to post-season anyway.

your joking right? If beating Carolina is the key to our season then I would be very confident. I am assuming the Falcons will be good enough to get that done with Jake at the helm and the no passing game....

all the games are important but beating Carolina must be a "given" - if Falcons are not good enough to go on road and beat a mediocre Carolina team - then Falcons are not deserving of going to post-season anyway.

Not joking at all.. Carolina might be a easy write them down win but they are a division rival and will be a tough fought game. We need to win that game more then anything. If we somehow go on the road and beat them I feel we will go on a tear and win some road games like vs NYG and go on a 5 game win streak.. Carolina will be coming off probably a killing by the Saints ..They are more then likely going to make a change at QB any week now

We need to get to 9 wins by Buffalo game ..now is that possible.?

A loss on NO this Monday and any hopes of winning the division are gone. Competing with Dallas and Green Bay for the wild card spots is going to be a tall order. Lose Monday and the road gets really tough.

well, unless you know something that I don't about how Brent Grimes and Crisp Houston are gonna start playing like Champ Bailey/Deion Sanders and unless we remember how to run and play keep away from Drew Brees - then we are starring a big "L" right in the face on Monday night.

This team might not be deserving of going to the post season. It's not getting better. Only in the San Francisco game did this team look like it was getting better.

I agree with the predictions except week 14 & 15 need switching. I see another loss against New Orleans and a win against the NYJ (possibly)

This team might not be deserving of going to the post season. It's not getting better. Only in the San Francisco game did this team look like it was getting better.

x2

The SanFran game was the only time all season the Falcons seemed to have a "killer instinct".....Will this team ever "step on the neck of an opponent" and crush them? Is it that just not Mike Smith's style? I don't know....look, I love the coaching staff and who can argue with where they have gotten us so far in 1.33 seasons.

What I do know is this - I just get frustrated with how conservative this offense can be -

1. when will Matt Ryan throw the ball DOWN THE FIELD?

2. why do the Falcons punt the ball in both of their losses in middle of 4th quarter down by 2 scores?

3. Does Chris Houston and Brent Grimes have "pictures of BVG and Mike Smith with small farm animals"?

These are questions I want answers to......I WANT DA TRUFFFFF!!!!!!!!!