First Time in Ryan's career he has had a Passer Rating under 80

Both Performances under 200 yards passing 4 Ints ..1 lost fumble. am I concerned with Ryan not really .

He is starting to pat the ball more noticeably ..I havent see the no huddle as much and it seems to me he is not taking control of the line of scrimage like he was last year making audibles changing formations around .

He is also staring down Tony G way to much ..This needs to stop..Go through your progression dont use Tony as a safe guard..Most of the time Tony is double covered with a safety on top forcing Ryan to throw a perfect pass in between ..Another thing is lack of running attack is forcing longer 3rd downs.. So defensive players can get a jump on what we are tring to do sit on a route and make a play for the ball unlike our dbs who cant make a read on a playboy magazine .

Do I expect Ryan to bounce back and play up coming weeks. You bet ..Im expecting him to come up big vs the Saints but this game will come down to if we make any defensive stops. What needs to be done is spread this offense out..Let Ryan go back to making quick decisions ..We also have to extend the field and use the middle

and throw some long balls. Everything cant be 4-12 yards and to the sidelines..

Ryan is okay. Honestly I feel kinda sorry for him because it's not his fault. The media has really lost their minds and the expectations are so high he's almost guarunteed to fail. You throw around names like Elway and Peyton Manning and you really don't do the kids any favors. Nobody is calling Roddy White the next Jerry Rice but they are quick to bring up Ryan with with Hall of Fame all-timers..He plays like a 23 year old from time to time. Nobody should be shocked.

Ryan is okay. Honestly I feel kinda sorry for him because it's not his fault. The media has really lost their minds and the expectations are so high he's almost guarunteed to fail. You throw around names like Elway and Peyton Manning and you really don't do the kids any favors. Nobody is calling Roddy White the next Jerry Rice but they are quick to bring up Ryan with with Hall of Fame all-timers..He plays like a 23 year old from time to time. Nobody should be shocked.

I agree. We all get caught up Ryan is only a 2nd year player .. He still has room to grow and areas to improve. I feel his arm strength will improve as well as he grows older just like Brady has. Ryan will bounce back

The fact is Ryan is not Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brews or any of the other Top QB's. People claiming he is, just place unrealistic expectations on a developing QB.

He a second year player still trying to figure out how to play this game.

Turner's success last year helped hide allot of Matt's weaknesses but Turner is no longer making the offense go and Ryan is suffering because of it.

It seems like our down field passing game has come up missing. There was constant pressure and that called for quick throws but we never made the play. I am not sure if it is because Matt can't help but look at Tony every play or not. Yesterday was one of the few times Matt has not looked very cool under pressure and it seems like he has just been off all year a little. He just didn't try to force the ball which most of the time is good but we needed some big plays and could have used some cross your finger type plays.

Many guys dropped the ball and no one stood out on offense yesterday.

There was many positives though. Our first drive resulted in a touchdown and our run D didn't look too bad. We have had many tough emotional games so it is ok we can't win them all. This will not be the norm.

I thought we played timid. After that score and that crushing hit by Wire I thought for sure it was going to be a dominate performance.

I agree. We all get caught up Ryan is only a 2nd year player .. He still has room to grow and areas to improve. I feel his arm strength will improve as well as he grows older just like Brady has. Ryan will bounce back

Yup. I always forget the Matt is just in his second season. He has many, many years of football ahead of him. He is only going to get better.

I'm not concerned with Ryan either ... however I would like to see how the message board reacts to his statement “Pressure affects the passing game,” Ryan said.

Many would take a certain previous QB to task if he made this statement ... as if he's placing blame for a poor performance ... I'm curious to see how the board reacts.

I'm not concerned with Ryan either ... however I would like to see how the message board reacts to his statement “Pressure affects the passing game,” Ryan said.

Many would take a certain previous QB to task if he made this statement ... as if he's placing blame for a poor performance ... I'm curious to see how the board reacts.

I believe the message board is wise enough to agree with Ryan for making an accurate statement.

The fact is Ryan is not Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brews or any of the other Top QB's. People claiming he is, just place unrealistic expectations on a developing QB.

He a second year player still trying to figure out how to play this game.

Turner's success last year helped hide allot of Matt's weaknesses but Turner is no longer making the offense go and Ryan is suffering because of it.

You are right.

Manning, Brees and Brady all had worse outings the first 2 years.

Peyton Manning

Year 1: Rated under 80 in 11 games - ended the year with a rating of 71.

Year 2: after 6 games, he had a rating of 89.4.

Drew Brees - didn't play but one game until his second year - so we'll start there.

Year 2: Rated under 80 in 9 games - ended the year with a rating of 76.9

Year 3: after 6 games, he had a rating of 69.3

Tom Brady - didn't play but one game until his second year - so we'll start there

Year 2: Rated under 80 in 9 games - ended the year with a rating of 86.5

Year 3: after 6 games, he had a rating of 88.1

Matt Ryan

Year 1: Rated under 80 in 6 games - ended the year with a rating of 87.7

Year 2: after 6 games, he has a rating of 90.2

Next time do your research first.

As for the rest of you guys - try to remember that this is his second year. His second year is a time when he is still learning - facing new defenses. He's facing the 3-4 defense a lot more. He's also facing 4 teams coming off their bye week - something no one has had to do ever in the past.

He played poorly and we lost the game. Next game.

Both Performances under 200 yards passing 4 Ints ..1 lost fumble. am I concerned with Ryan not really .

He is starting to pat the ball more noticeably ..I havent see the no huddle as much and it seems to me he is not taking control of the line of scrimage like he was last year making audibles changing formations around .

He is also staring down Tony G way to much ..This needs to stop..Go through your progression dont use Tony as a safe guard..Most of the time Tony is double covered with a safety on top forcing Ryan to throw a perfect pass in between ..Another thing is lack of running attack is forcing longer 3rd downs.. So defensive players can get a jump on what we are tring to do sit on a route and make a play for the ball unlike our dbs who cant make a read on a playboy magazine .

Even Drew Brees has already had back-to-back games with a QB rating of under 80 this season, so I wouldn't say I'm exactly concerned by that number as it pertains to Ryan's ability to be effective going forward...

The bottom line is that Matt Ryan is just plain mediocre. He is a good QB to have on a team with a good defense and a good running game. When he is asked to do too much, he fails...b/c he is just not that good.

Ummm .... just .... no.

You are right.

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees - didn't play but one game until his second year - so we'll start there.

Tom Brady - didn't play but one game until his second year - so we'll start there

Matt Ryan

As for the rest of you guys - try to remember that this is his second year. His second year is a time when he is still learning - facing new defenses. He's facing the 3-4 defense a lot more. He's also facing 4 teams coming off their bye week - something no one has had to do ever in the past.

Really interesting stats as always, Tandy!! Thanks!!

You are right.

Peyton Manning

Matt Ryan

Thanks, Tandy. Some posters give their opinions and want that accepted as fact. However when you make comparisons, you always have the stats!