Monday Night--our most important regular season game in years...

Quarterback

Biggest regular season game in 3-4 years coming up next Monday night.

I am just as mad as everyone else about yesterday's preformance.....but.....pull out a win on Monday night and at 5-2, with the Saints having to come to Atlanta, and an easier 2nd half schedule, we're in great shape for both the playoffs and division championship. Further, anyone, if asked entering this season, would have taken a 5-2 record in our first 7 games. Anyone!

However, lose this game and go down three games to this excellent Saints' team we can forget the division title and will have to scratch and claw to make the playoffs.

One game. One game next Monday night will be the biggest regular season game for Atlanta in years and either the comments will be like most already posted here or we will be sitting pretty at 5-2. We're all mad now--and should be--but we'll heel by Wednesday or Thursday and then we will start to get primed for a great Atlanta Falcon opportunity and we'll all be pacing the floors up to kick off and telling everyone around us to "shut up or get out of the room!" wacko.gif

Yes, I'm scared to death of the Saints at home but don't you love getting a meaningful, critical game in late October?

One game.

Edited by Quarterback

No one likes to loose but it seems like every time we start to get a little respect from announcers and NFL analysts, we stink it up and go back to mediocore. If we get blown out Monday in front of a national audience, it's over. I see no reason the Saints can't score 40 plus.

No one likes to loose but it seems like every time we start to get a little respect from announcers and NFL analysts, we stink it up and go back to mediocore. If we get blown out Monday in front of a national audience, it's over. I see no reason the Saints can't score 40 plus.

I see no reason they can't score 56. I called it 56-10. Brees is going to have a field day against our corners.

While the Saints are our biggest rivals, losing this game would certainly not be devastating.

I think many of us at least listed our games with the Saints as a "split" when making out pre-season predictions and while I would LOVE it if we beat them I would be satisfied to see a great effort.

We need to beat the teams we SHOULD beat (dallas) and compete with the Elite. Right now the Saints are one of the Elite.

A strong showing by the Falcons and some proof that they can shake off the Dallas loss and get right back to business would be enough of a spark to show that this team can still make a solid playoff run.

So while its a big Nationally staged game I dont think our season rests solely on the one MNF game.

While the Saints are our biggest rivals, losing this game would certainly not be devastating.

I think many of us at least listed our games with the Saints as a "split" when making out pre-season predictions and while I would LOVE it if we beat them I would be satisfied to see a great effort.

We need to beat the teams we SHOULD beat (dallas) and compete with the Elite. Right now the Saints are one of the Elite.

A strong showing by the Falcons and some proof that they can shake off the Dallas loss and get right back to business would be enough of a spark to show that this team can still make a solid playoff run.

So while its a big Nationally staged game I dont think our season rests solely on the one MNF game.

Well said.

I agree. We lose hits and go 7-2 the rest of the way it will be forgotten. Likewise, if we win and then take the division crown or a wild card....or...if we lose this game and finish 8-8 or 9-7 then this game will be remembered as THE GAME either way.

Yes, a very, VERY big game any way you slice it!

Edited by Quarterback

It would be so sweet to be the team the ends the Saint's winning streak. God I hate the Saints. And my wife is from New Orleans so I have to hear it from all my inlaws constantly. This year has been unbearable.

Understood. Next Monday around midnight you will "hear it" even more sad.gif or they'll be hearing from you! biggrin.gif

I hate to say it...but this game is probably gonna determine the season.

We lose, we're 3 games out in the division at essentially the halfway mark. The Saints have already beaten the Jets, still have 2 against the Bucs, a game against the Skins, I think barring any disaster it's not likely we'd take the division.

We've now lost any tiebreaker over Dallas and with them, Philly, and NY in the East...we'd have to beat Philly and hope they don't win the division to hold a wild card spot over them.

That would leave essentially one more WC spot and with games on the road in NY twice...another game against the Saints, it'd be a major uphill climb.