We need to start Owens and Hill

Jaymadd

Maybe we can use the element of suprise by starting Hill and Owens. The Saints will be game planning against our current starting CB with Houston and Grimes. Brees has got to be happy about what he see on tape regarding our two CB's. There is not alot of tape on Owens and Hill in our system, so maybe this will help us to get a few stops so it gives time for our offense to get some points on the board, if they come with their stuff together.

Just trying to think outside box

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we can use the element of suprise by starting Hill and Owens. The Saints will be game planning against our current starting CB with Houston and Grimes. Brees has got to be happy about what he see on tape regarding our two CB's. There is not alot of tape on Owens and Hill in our system, so maybe this will help us to get a few stops so it gives time for our offense to get some points on the board, if they come with their stuff together.

this coachin' staff shouldn't have to think outta the box to sit either CB. plain view...week to week. :angry: but i feel ya tho

this coachin' staff shouldn't have to think outta the box to sit either CB. plain view...week to week. :angry: but i feel ya tho

Well the coaches havent made changes yet so i am wondering what they are seeing when they veiw the tape or what are they seeing with Hill and Owens on the practice field, but is it time to experiment with some different options.

Good idea, and i was thinking this earlier this morning. But I dont think the Saints would change up thier gameplanning against us no matter who we start, unfortunatly. We could bring back Deion and big-play Ray and i think the Saints would stick with whats been working for them. :(

Why not? There is no way they could be any worse than what we have been trotting out there.

Not a bad idea.

Good idea, and i was thinking this earlier this morning. But I dont think the Saints would change up thier gameplanning against us no matter who we start, unfortunatly. We could bring back Deion and big-play Ray and i think the Saints would stick with whats been working for them. :(

Yeah maybe not the whole gameplan but alittle. I think that QB know that they can attack Houston deep and the WR he is guarded is a good option to throw to on 3rd downs. They may exploit mismatches with Grimes lack of strength by putting a stronger WR to his sid, like Dallas did when they kept putting Williams to that side even though he was garbage. They can do this because we play LCB and RCB. So I think that having two new CB who have not been gamplanned against might be a little bit of a surprise. I might be reaching but hey, We have to pull out all the strings for our weakness at this point.

I don't think it would be smart to start a rookie against Drew Brees...... especially in his 1st game action.

Hill should go, but Owens definitely shouldn't.

Hakim you cant tell me that starting Owens is any worse than continuing to go with Houston who averages a penatly a game.

That's a stupid idea. Try again. Maybe try somebody in Houstons positions because he's had YEARS to prove himself but has yet to do so. Grimes on the other hand has played pretty solid this year....coverage wise. He's doing a little better with his tackling. Everybody misses tackles. Do you guys say anything about everybody else that misses tackles????......I'll answer that for you....NOOOOOO

But I don't think Owens is all that good. I don't know about Hill, don't know how he plays. But Owens, I believe you'll see the same result. AND he WILL get targeted because he's a rookie. Just like hakim said, it wouldn't be smart to start a rookie against Brees....Hill either considering he hasn't played all year.

Hakim you cant tell me that starting Owens is any worse than continuing to go with Houston who averages a penatly a game.

Its a confidence thing. If Owens goes out there and gives up 3 or 4 TDs he may start questioning his abilities.

I still think he has the best physical tools on our roster at CB, but I don't want his confidence to be shaken by one of the best passers in the league.

That's a stupid idea. Try again. Maybe try somebody in Houstons positions because he's had YEARS to prove himself but has yet to do so. Grimes on the other hand has played pretty solid this year....coverage wise. He's doing a little better with his tackling. Everybody misses tackles. Do you guys say anything about everybody else that misses tackles????......I'll answer that for you....NOOOOOO

But I don't think Owens is all that good. I don't know about Hill, don't know how he plays. But Owens, I believe you'll see the same result. AND he WILL get targeted because he's a rookie. Just like hakim said, it wouldn't be smart to start a rookie against Brees....Hill either considering he hasn't played all year.

YOu lame man. Grimes is not physical enough, and when he is covering he just looks like he is hanging on to the WR, and not playing the WR. He started out good, but as the season continues i think his weaknesses will continue to get exposed, especially going up against bigger WR. Grimes does fine on small WR like Hester/Knox. He would be a great Matchup next week guarding Moore. I am not concerned about the Missing tackles part, it is more about his lack of strength. I have no comment for Houston and in the words of ThaKrunk1 Houston is hot garbage and he needs his spot removed immediately.

Owens cant do any worse than Houston, but Grimes has one more game for me and going up against Colston will be a good test.

Its a confidence thing. If Owens goes out there and gives up 3 or 4 TDs he may start questioning his abilities.

I still think he has the best physical tools on our roster at CB, but I don't want his confidence to be shaken by one of the best passers in the league.

I really dont think that Owens is shaken by things like that. He messed up in the preseason and he wasnt too phased by it, he understands that he will make mistakes but he just has to learn from them. I think he will be able to survive if he gets eaten alive by Brees, but at least he will get the game experience, so that by the playoffs he will have some gametime experience.

Jaymadd, you're a fare weather fan with the player. As long as they're doing good, you're all for them. As soon as they have a bad or average game, you're ready to replace them. You couldn't be a coach. You would look very confused with all the roster changes you'd be making. Which player's wagon did ya jump on this week?

What has Hill done since he has been in this league to make you think he is any better than Houston or Grimes? And I know people want to see them start to see what they can do, but the coaches have gotten to see Owens and Hill every single day in practice, so they already know what they can do. If they thought either gave us a better chance at winning, they would already be in there.

I really dont think that Owens is shaken by things like that. He messed up in the preseason and he wasnt too phased by it, he understands that he will make mistakes but he just has to learn from them. I think he will be able to survive if he gets eaten alive by Brees, but at least he will get the game experience, so that by the playoffs he will have some gametime experience.

EXACTLY he messed up in preseason. Players who have been successful for most of their lives do not think of it as them just being a rookie.

They are competitive and can easily get down if they aren't playing up to their potential.

He knows he didn't play well in Preseason and I don't think we should throw him out there against Brees. Too many Failures and your confidence is gone.

Jaymadd, you're a fare weather fan with the player. As long as they're doing good, you're all for them. As soon as they have a bad or average game, you're ready to replace them. You couldn't be a coach. You would look very confused with all the roster changes you'd be making. Which player's wagon did ya jump on this week?

Stop hatin punk. YOu still lost some Falcon fan cool points with your hatin on Matt Ryan. The only player that i was skeptical about was Grimes and his lack of strength, I have pointed that out all season. That weakness hasnt flashed it ugly head to much until this last game against Dallas. His major weakness is a major liability in our pass coverage. I have hated Houston talent since last year and nothing has changed about that.

EXACTLY he messed up in preseason. Players who have been successful for most of their lives do not think of it as them just being a rookie.

They are competitive and can easily get down if they aren't playing up to their potential.

He knows he didn't play well in Preseason and I don't think we should throw him out there against Brees. Too many Failures and your confidence is gone.

I dont buy that Failure stuff, especially if you have been successful, you just know that you can be successful again as long as you put the work in. He knows that he needs to put the work into learning this playbook and I am pretty sure he is doing that.

What has Hill done since he has been in this league to make you think he is any better than Houston or Grimes? And I know people want to see them start to see what they can do, but the coaches have gotten to see Owens and Hill every single day in practice, so they already know what they can do. If they thought either gave us a better chance at winning, they would already be in there.

I do understand that, and I acknowledge that. I still think that maybe they might be holding our to give them one more chance hoping that they get it together, especially HOuston because he does have some talent. I just think that Grimes lack of strenght could be a weakness, but if he stays in then i can live with it, but Houston needs to be replaced, it is time to give up on this project because unlike JA98 it is no other position that he can play in the secondary.

Jaymadd, Grimes play pretty solid yesterday. I say about average. If his WR caught a pass on him, he was tackled right away. Except for that one from Austin that turned into a TD. Grimes also had a PD and a fumble recovery with 3 tackles. That sounds about average to me. I think 3 or 4 passes were caught against him.

Please explain how his "weakness" was flashed?