Went to my 1st game in 15 years only to see a massacre

This is going to sound like I’m being a downer but I’m just going to state what I saw at the game yesterday. I haven’t seen the tape yet so bear with me if I get some of the names wrong. Note: We left the game right before the punt return when I saw that we were going to punt. I don’t know what the **** the coaches were thinking. You HAVE to go for the first in that situation. That being said, none of the following applies to everything afterward.

First of all, I went together with a friend who really didn’t care anything about the game but he wanted to see the stadium. Interestingly though, he made several statements which were blatantly obvious to anyone that was there:

1. Michael Turner is NOT Earl Campbell but Atlanta seems to think he is by the way they were calling the plays. Both Atlanta RBs looked REALLY slow. They needed Norwood badly.

2. Tony G was the only receiver open for Atlanta all day. Dallas must’ve set some kind of record with all of the defended passes they had. Ryan had no one to throw to.

3. There must’ve been 3 Sherman Tanks in the middle of Dallas’ defense because we spent the whole game throwing to the sidelines. The middle of the field was wide open. There were no slants, post patterns, or crossing patterns all day. Conversely, the Cowboy offense OWNED the middle of the field.

4. Tony Romo could’ve tied his shoes with all of the time he had to throw.

Now, here’s my take:

1. Unless we get some new CBs that can tackle AND cover, this team is never going to get to the next level. It seemed as though the gameplan was to play a lot of nickel defense because they didn’t trust the corners in man situations. We were in nickel a lot on 1st down which ties into my next point.

2. The defense played much better in their base set which allowed them to get pressure up the middle. Otherwise, the only pressure we had was coming from the outside and Romo had a beautiful pocket to step into. We should’ve pressured him from the middle like they did to Ryan.

3. On the Turner TD in the 3rd quarter, the play before should’ve been a TD. There was a huge hole but Turner didn’t hit the hole very hard at all. Looked like TJ Duckett on that play. Norwood would’ve scored easily.

Bottom line: We got our ***** whipped because no one could get open and we kept trying the dink and dunk **** to the sidelines all day. The only way this defense can get any pressure on the QB is by blitzing up the middle but they’re too afraid to do that with the corners we have. When you’re getting lit up like a pinball machine, you have to try something different. Brent Grimes is a huge liability with his inability to tackle.

I want to give props to Decoud, JA98, Lofton, and Snelling. All of those guys played well.

If we punt again in the 4th quarter down by two scores I’m going to lose my freakin’ mind.

BTW, I took a lot of pics which I'll post later so keep a look out for them.

This is going to sound like I’m being a downer but I’m just going to state what I saw at the game yesterday. I haven’t seen the tape yet so bear with me if I get some of the names wrong. Note: We left the game right before the punt return when I saw that we were going to punt. I don’t know what the **** the coaches were thinking. You HAVE to go for the first in that situation. That being said, none of the following applies to everything afterward.

First of all, I went together with a friend who really didn’t care anything about the game but he wanted to see the stadium. Interestingly though, he made several statements which were blatantly obvious to anyone that was there:

1. Michael Turner is NOT Earl Campbell but Atlanta seems to think he is by the way they were calling the plays. Both Atlanta RBs looked REALLY slow. They needed Norwood badly.

2. Tony G was the only receiver open for Atlanta all day. Dallas must’ve set some kind of record with all of the defended passes they had. Ryan had no one to throw to.

3. There must’ve been 3 Sherman Tanks in the middle of Dallas’ defense because we spent the whole game throwing to the sidelines. The middle of the field was wide open. There were no slants, post patterns, or crossing patterns all day. Conversely, the Cowboy offense OWNED the middle of the field.

Now, here’s my take:

1. Unless we get some new CBs that can tackle AND cover, this team is never going to get to the next level. It seemed as though the gameplan was to play a lot of nickel defense because they didn’t trust the corners in man situations. We were in nickel a lot on 1st down which ties into my next point.

2. The defense played much better in their base set which allowed them to get pressure up the middle. Otherwise, the only pressure we had was coming from the outside and Romo had a beautiful pocket to step into. We should’ve pressured him from the middle like they did to Ryan.

3. On the Turner TD in the 3rd quarter, the play before should’ve been a TD. There was a huge hole but Turner didn’t hit the hole very hard at all. Looked like TJ Duckett on that play. Norwood would’ve scored easily.

Bottom line: We got our ***** whipped because no one could get open and we kept trying the dink and dunk **** to the sidelines all day. The only way this defense can get any pressure on the QB is by blitzing up the middle but they’re too afraid to do that with the corners we have. When you’re getting lit up like a pinball machine, you have to try something different. Brent Grimes is a huge liability with his inability to tackle.

I want to give props to Decoud, JA98, Lofton, and Snelling. All of those guys played well.

If we punt again in the 4th quarter down by two scores I’m going to lose my freakin’ mind.

Sorry didn't feel like reading the book . But, please don't go to any more games. :lol:

Now, here’s my take:

Ya that was on of the more frustrating games I've watched in a while. We just couldn't get anyting going. I was PUMPED when we came out and scored first...something we never do. And it just want downhill. I turned the game off after the punt return TD, I could not take it anymore.

This loss is going to sting for a few more days.

The offense has been skiddish all season. Our offense only clicks when we do a no huddle and it allows Matt Ryan to call the plays. We did nothing to counter the blitzing of the cowboys. Its so frustrating...We had opportunities to win the game.

I am starting to wonder. Is it an ego thing? Stevie Wonder can see we are better in the no huddle. Look , coaches... we told you to put JA98 at DT instead of DE. You finally listened and he is playing well there. Now, we are telling you, RUN THE NO HUDDLE!!!

3. There must've been 3 Sherman Tanks in the middle of Dallas' defense because we spent the whole game throwing to the sidelines. The middle of the field was wide open. There were no slants, post patterns, or crossing patterns all day. Conversely, the Cowboy offense OWNED the middle of the field.

4. Tony Romo could've tied his shoes with all of the time he had to throw.

Agree on 3 . We dont run any crossing patterns or any skinny post everything is to the sidelines or outs..

Its sad cause we can use underneath routes to our advantages

Disagree on 4 ..we had decent pressure he just escaped or stepped around pressure.We need to do a better job collapsing the pocket. John Abraham lost containment alot of time allowing Romo to step in the pocket

Edited by SWIFT HITTER

Agree on 3 . We dont run any crossing patterns or any skinny post everything is to the sidelines or outs..

Disagree on 4 ..we had decent pressure he just escaped or stepped around pressure.We need to do a better job collapsing the pocket. John Abraham lost containment alot of time allowing Romo to step in the pocket

I agree, We did not run good route combinations and its starting to get annoying. WTF is up with Mularky. Is he scared to let Ryan lead this team...

How many times did Romo escape a sack? That was more frustrating than anything. I almost smashed my coffee table when Romo escape like 4 linemen and threw that TD pass before the half.

A few other observations:

1. The difference in arm strength between Ryan and Romo was very noticeable.

2. Most of Romo's passes were down the field while Ryan's was side to side.

3. Mike Jenkins and Gerald Sensabaugh were all over the field. No one got open all day.

4. The Dallas Kicker was huge with all of the touchbacks.

5. The offense has lost their identity. There were so many plays that looked like a failure just from the formation. It was fairly easy to tell if it was going to be a run or pass.

6. You've got to get Roddy White (or anyone for that matter) into 1 on 1 situations down the field and give the guy a chance to make a play. We never did that all day but that's EXACTLY what Dallas did to us.

LOL, nothing against you WAr, and i havent read the whole post, but why do posters say tape like they actually have scouting/coaches tape of the game, when all they are watching is a recorded TV Broadcast of the game. LOL

Sorry dude, I am still going to read the whole post, just had to say that. :lol:

LOL, nothing against you WAr, and i havent read the whole post, but why do posters say tape like they actually have scouting/coaches tape of the game, when all they are watching is a recorded TV Broadcast of the game. LOL

Sorry dude, I am still going to read the whole post, just had to say that. :lol:

Well in my case, it truly was a tape - a VCR tape. :P

Sorry dude, I am still going to read the whole post, just had to say that. laugh.gif

It's shorter.

I went to the game as well and share the frustration. I just think we got punched and didnt respond. The thing that keeps me motivated is that we know the team is better than this and will respond. These days are going to happen. I just wish I hadnt made such a journey to see it.

Here is the way ahead as I see it. We beat this very same Saints team last year with a less potent offense and a worse defense. We are ok. We just need to let coach Smith make the adjustments and watch as our boys go out and handle buisness.

If we want to play in the Superbowl we have to step up and play. We will respond.