With all of teh griping and complaining, why is no one talking about Grimes

Rev_Hal

What was a bigger problem yesterday - Brooking or Grimes?

It was Grimes, and he was horrible. Other than Decoud, the secondary played a pretty bad game.

But forget about a former player trash talking. That is the most insignificant thing we have to discuss. Brent Grimes is not a starting quality DB in the NFL. I know we have virtually no other options, but we are in serious trouble if Grimes plays the rest of this season the way he played yesterday.

Have there been any reports on the progress of Owens? Is he close to getting any significant playing time?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Grimes, and he was horrible. Other than Decoud, the secondary played a pretty bad game.

But forget about a former player trash talking. That is the most insignificant thing we have to discuss. Brent Grimes is not a starting quality DB in the NFL. I know we have virtually no other options, but we are in serious trouble if Grimes plays the rest of this season the way he played yesterday.

Have there been any reports on the progress of Owens? Is he close to getting any significant playing time?

At this point I would honestly rather start Chevis Jackson at corner, allow him his growing pains, and put Owens in as nickel back

Was Grimes "covering" Austin on that long bomb for a touchdown? [i didn't see the game, I listened to it.]

THat was Decoud, but Audit found a seam in the zone coverage. Coleman (I think) jumped on the underneath route and Ausit was left open. If he gets the ball in open field, he is dangerous.

The corner play has been suspect. The loss of Brian Williams really hurt us and will haunt us for the rest of the season. Hill has to get a shot because Grimes is not getting the job done. Sorry, he is not a starting CB...

Agreed. The Williams injury is huge. I hope someone can step up and at least sop the bleeding.

It's hard to keep repeating. We all know Grimes is garbage. Williams was balling...then the injury. We have no choice right now. Someone has to line up. Maybe that question should go to TD since he didn't address that position in the last 2 drafts and did little in free agency to address it.

Edited by nosweatboyz

Rev, I agree with you on this totally.

Grimes does two things that really disturb me. One more so than the other.

The lesser is that he is a terrible man cover corner. He plays like the receiver is going to run by him on every play.

The second is that he is a terrible tackler. He will not wrap up. Every time he tries and make a tackle he just tries to use his shoulder. Someone needs to tell him that he is 5'9" and a buck 90 and isnt going to tackle anyone like that.

I totally believe that the only reason that Grimes and Houston are starting is because we are so shallow at CB. This has to be addressed in the offseason. We are getting killed.

Rev, I agree with you on this totally.

Grimes does two things that really disturb me. One more so than the other.

The lesser is that he is a terrible man cover corner. He plays like the receiver is going to run by him on every play.

The second is that he is a terrible tackler. He will not wrap up. Every time he tries and make a tackle he just tries to use his shoulder. Someone needs to tell him that he is 5'9" and a buck 90 and isnt going to tackle anyone like that.

I totally believe that the only reason that Grimes and Houston are starting is because we are so shallow at CB. This has to be addressed in the offseason. We are getting killed.

I have no problem with Houston as a #2 or a nickle back. I seriouslt hope that Hill or Owens can step up and make a difference.

Does Chevis Jackson even exist anymore? If he does, he is invisble.

People have been wearing the Brooking topic out but I just figured it was b/c we already knew what Grimes was...not a starting corner.

I figured most of us had seen this coming honestly...if we've got to stick with him and Houston back there we're gonna get torched by all these teams with good receiving groups.

it is time to try out owens and hill. I dont know what they are waiting for, it is impossible for them to do any worse than grimy. Are they worried about ruining owens confidence or what. TD was so high on this guy so lets get him out there and see what he can do.

Well, if the coaches are watching them in practice ans see that they are not ready to start, then I support that. I just want one of them to step up and take chance of a career changing opportunity.