The falcons should REJECT brooking from retiring as a falcon.

The mocking he did really showed his character and im glad the falcons let him go. I hate the camera kept showing this goofball after every good play from the cowboys. 10 plus years with the falcons, was all ruined after 60 mins of football. Then at the end of the game, he came running smiling across the field all hard like a little school girl happy to see her mom, ready to shake hands. I really have lost respect for him and im sure after his actions yesterday, most falcon fans should of also. The team choosing not to resign him is business, that doesnt mean you get revenge by showing bad character against your former team. What a disgrace, and to think HE ONLY GOT 2 TACKLES YESTERDAY.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The mocking he did really showed his character and im glad the falcons let him go. I hate the camera kept showing this goofball after every good play from the cowboys. 10 plus years with the falcons, was all ruined after 60 mins of football. Then at the end of the game, he came running smiling across the field all hard like a little school girl happy to see her mom, ready to shake hands. I really have lost respect for him and im sure after his actions yesterday, most falcon fans should of also. The team choosing not to resign him is business, that doesnt mean you get revenge by showing bad character against your former team. What a disgrace, and to think HE ONLY GOT 2 TACKLES YESTERDAY.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

It does not matter what he chooses to wear when he retires. It's not like he's going to the Hall of Fame . . .

Although, I'm sure he holds records for pile jumping.

It does matter. The falcons retire jerseys all the time into the ring of honor, and im sure after the 60 mins yesterday on the field, i dont want to go to the dome and see this nut's jersey hanging next to real falcon all time greats.

That part really ticked me off. Him taking his helmet off and skipping over smiling to shake hands..

He acted like a thug and a loser yesterday..

It does matter. The falcons retire jerseys all the time into the ring of honor, and im sure after the 60 mins yesterday on the field, i dont want to go to the dome and see this nut's jersey hanging next to real falcon all time greats.

If getting put in the Ring of Honor is still based on a vote by the fans.... I don't think you need to worry about Brooking getting voted in within the next few years.

He might get voted in but it's going to be minute IMO...

Nick Cellini making good points.

Brett Favre felt the Packers dissed him. He let his game speak for himself.

Cedric Benson felt the Bears dissed him. He let his game speak for himself.

Keith Brooking felt the Falcons dissed him. He did NOTHING and had the nerve to pop off.

Going into yesterday's game, Brooking was their leading tackler. He has been having a good year for the Cowboys.

Keith Brooking no longer has any support from me. I heard his post-game commments (unbelievable) on radio this morning, saw his behavior yesterday preceding those comments, and now know he is a "has no class" jerk. I would strongly encourage that he NEVER be supported by the Falcons organization and fans for anything ever again.

WHAT a tool!!! :angry:

Going into yesterday's game, Brooking was their leading tackler. He has been having a good year for the Cowboys.

Let's talk about yesterday.

He had 2 tackles.... TWO

and this was his postgame quote "We bloodied their nose, we threw them down and kicked them"

No Mr. Brooking. You did nothing but play cheerleader to a stellar defensive that you had zero part in...

Edited by sourdiesal

Time heals all wounds, and this one is fresh. Give it time.

But there is absolutely no doubt that Brooking will be in the Ring of Honor.

He should not be, it would be a disgrace to Tuggle. I supported Brooking for a long time and yesterday he showed how little he really ever cared about this franchise and it's fans. I will not stop being a Falcon fan if they do honor Brooking but I think it would set a good example to not honor him. He was never a great player anyways if we're going to be perfectly honest.

Yup and GB should not retire Favre's jersey because he said beating the Packers was a big deal to him. You got to look at the big picture. If we are judging all players off one game, nobody should be inducted.

ok, wow big deal. Favre "SAYING" beating the pack is a big deal to him is not a big deal because they need to win. Brooking showing his bad character on the field doing his imitation of the dirty bird, making a big deal out of a penalty on a false start is totally different then what your talking about.

I can understand him wanting to get revenge on his old team, that's natural. But the taunting was just childish and unprofessional.

You didn't see Favre out there taunting the Packers when he beat them.

True but that's not Favre's style. Brooking was always a passionate guy and always acted a little "crazy" on the field. Yeah he might have went a little too crazy, but at least he was man enough to go apologize for the trash talking. But to say he doesn't deserve to retire as a falcon over one game? That's crazy!

Time heals all wounds, and this one is fresh. Give it time.

But there is absolutely no doubt that Brooking will be in the Ring of Honor.

I suspect you are right, Rev - but you have to admit that dirty bird thing was pretty low class from a guy who got a lot of support from the orginazation over many years, and got a lot of support from the team when a lot of fans thought it was unwarranted

it was low class, no doubt about it - it will likely, as you say, be forgotten - does not change the fact it was low class

Mr. Brooking,

How about showing some class. You grew up in Georgia. Played High School ball in Ga. Played college ball at Ga. Tech. Was drafted by and played 10 seasons by the Atlanta Falcons.

Then in the span of one football game, you have completely disgusted me and IMO tarnished your image forever. Being pumped up to face a former team is totally understandable. But flapping your arms in reference to the dirty bird and scowling after every single play was beyond being competitive... it was simply immature and childish. You looked and acted like a Thug and I am ashamed that you were my sons favorite player!

Be respectful of the game and also the opponent, no matter who it is. But especially if it's the organization that has set you and your kids and your kids kids up for life financially.

I hope you never come close to making our ring of honor. What a shame it would be to have your jersey up there with the likes of Bartkowski, Van Note, etc.

Mr. Brooking,

How about showing some class. You grew up in Georgia. Played High School ball in Ga. Played college ball at Ga. Tech. Was drafted by and played 10 seasons by the Atlanta Falcons.

Then in the span of one football game, you have completely disgusted me and IMO tarnished your image forever. Being pumped up to face a former team is totally understandable. But flapping your arms in reference to the dirty bird and scowling after every single play was beyond being competitive... it was simply immature and childish. You looked and acted like a Thug and I am ashamed that you were my sons favorite player!

Be respectful of the game and also the opponent, no matter who it is. But especially if it's the organization that has set you and your kids and your kids kids up for life financially.

I hope you never come close to making our ring of honor. What a shame it would be to have your jersey up there with the likes of Bartkowski, Van Note, etc.

sign, sealed and delivered to his residence in duluth..