Rev's thoughts from the Cowboys game

Rev_Hal

The good news is that this is just one loss, and we are still in the hunt for a playoff spot. There was a little to like yesterday, and a lot to dislike.

1. The Falcons got beat in all three areas of the game – offense, defense, and special teams. We just got beat – plain and simple. On this Sunday, Dallas was the better team. The Cowboys were rested, and they showed up to play. I take my hat off to them for getting the job done.

2. Trr’ble. Brent Grimes just isn’t very good. I see people defending him on this board every week, but me eyes tell me he can’t hang in the NFL. He is a dime back at best. The Cowboy receivers ate his lunch all day and made him look horrible. All I could think of was Frank Calliendo’s impression of Charles Barkley. “He was trr’ble. Just trr’ble. Trr’ble trr’ble trr’ble. That knucklehead was trr’ble.”

3. I have now entered bizzaro world. If you would have told me 6 weeks ago that Turner would be having an awful season and Jamal Anderson would be breaking out as a legitimate starter, I would have asked you to pass the crack pipe. But after watching Norwood and Snelling move the ball this year, it is finally time to admit that there is a problem with Turner and the running game. Yes, he is being defensed differently this year, but part of the blame is on him. A big part of this “powerhouse” offense was the running game, and it is now gone. It has disappeared with no signs of return. I have tried to be patient and reserve judgment, but with over a 3rd of the season over, our running game is in serious trouble.

4. Anderson haters, get in line behind me. They guy is finally producing. If you can’t admit it now, you have some other agenda.

5. The run defense was fantastic! This was the best performance of the year stopping the 3 headed attack of the Cowboys.

6. The pass rush was once again non-existent. If we can’t address this before next Monday, we are in for a long night next week.

7. Fundamentally, the Falcons looked sub-par yesterday. Collectively, it looked like the entire team had forgotten how to tackle and how to block. The Romo touchdown pass before the half was an epic failure. Ryan was under intense pressure all day. Everything that the Falcons usually do well fell short yesterday.

8. One of the brightest spots of this season has been Curtis Lofton. I believe that he is emerging as one of the top LB’s in the NFL. The guy hits like a cross between Jesse Tuggle and Scott Case. He is going to dominate in the league for years.

9. Brooking made me laugh. And so is the reaction of this message board. Brooking was told he was too old to play. He was insulted and dumped by the franchise he gave his heart and soul to. Yesterday he got his revenge, and the reaction from this board has made me laugh. I know that most everyone here on the board has been dumped before – you know the feeling of rejection. Now you get to go to the prom with the hot chick while your ex’s boyfriend has a huge zit on his nose. You flaunt it! You declare victory! You get your sweet revenge. Well, that was Keith yesterday. Get over it.

I know Keith, and he is a real class individual. He loves this city and its fans. He loved his years with the Falcons, and he wishes it ended on a different note, but that was not his choice. He remains one of the greatest Falcons to ever wear the black and red. All of this garbage of “I’m not a fan of his anymore” is just sour grapes. Get over it – Brooking was great for this team and city, and I can’t wait for the day his banner

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can agree with you for the most part especially about Jamal..

As far as point #9..

Are you a Brooking fan or a Falcons fan?

If DeAngelo , Vick, Schaub, Duckett or anyone else would have acted the same way because they felt they were "dissed" by the Falcons they would have gotten flamed on this board and rightfully so..Brooking doesn't deserve any passes for acting like a tool. Can you imagine Warrick Dunn pulling a stunt like that? Nope too much class..

The frustrating thing about this game was the mere fact that THE OFFENSE cannot get on track. I do not know if its Mularky or Ryan is looking to get rid of the ball, but it seems like we do not run alot of 7 step drops. Not even when we had time in previous games. I think we have to find a new OC

Honestly, I think it all boils down to the ineffectiveness of our run game.

If we get turner going we have a more effective play action and easier passes downfield.

Also as soon as we were down by 10, I think Dallas (knowing how incabable we were of running the ball) dialed up the blitzes. They did a good job all day with their coverage and blitzing. Let's face it, this is the first week ina while that Matt Ryan has seen the turf on more than one occasion. Once again I think all of our problems on offense point to our inabilities to run the ball.

If we get turner going we have a more effective play action and easier passes downfield.

Also as soon as we were down by 10, I think Dallas (knowing how incabable we were of running the ball) dialed up the blitzes. They did a good job all day with their coverage and blitzing. Let's face it, this is the first week ina while that Matt Ryan has seen the turf on more than one occasion. Once again I think all of our problems on offense point to our inabilities to run the ball.

The playbook was not adjusted truly to fit the type of team we have now. We should be a pass first team. Use the pass to set up the run. And the fact we did not take a shot down the field, really keep everyone in a 10-20 yard box. It was really frustrating

Excellent Post Rev.

Brooking was discarded like an empty beer can and he got his Due.

Our opening drive of 16 plays and a scorce had me screaming for a 3 and out on Dallas,

and we got it.

What nobody saw coming was what I feared the most was Dallas giving us a Texas Stomp,

and they did.

Oh well, it is time to lick our wounds and prepare for Nawlins.

^5

Playoffs?????

playoffs????

At a time we get drilled by the cowgirls, and have to face a undefeated legit saints next next monday night, you say we still in the hunt for the playoffs??

We are totally in the playoff hunt. The 2nd half of our schedule is much easier than the first half. We have Tampa twice, Panthers, and Redskins coming up. I really like our chances.

The good news is that this is just one loss, and we are still in the hunt for a playoff spot. There was a little to like yesterday, and a lot to dislike.

1. The Falcons got beat in all three areas of the game – offense, defense, and special teams. We just got beat – plain and simple. On this Sunday, Dallas was the better team. The Cowboys were rested, and they showed up to play. I take my hat off to them for getting the job done.

2. Trr’ble. Brent Grimes just isn’t very good. I see people defending him on this board every week, but me eyes tell me he can’t hang in the NFL. He is a dime back at best. The Cowboy receivers ate his lunch all day and made him look horrible. All I could think of was Frank Calliendo’s impression of Charles Barkley. “He was trr’ble. Just trr’ble. Trr’ble trr’ble trr’ble. That knucklehead was trr’ble.”Agreed

3. I have now entered bizzaro world. If you would have told me 6 weeks ago that Turner would be having an awful season and Jamal Anderson would be breaking out as a legitimate starter, I would have asked you to pass the crack pipe. But after watching Norwood and Snelling move the ball this year, it is finally time to admit that there is a problem with Turner and the running game. Yes, he is being defensed differently this year, but part of the blame is on him. A big part of this “powerhouse” offense was the running game, and it is now gone. It has disappeared with no signs of return. I have tried to be patient and reserve judgment, but with over a 3rd of the season over, our running game is in serious trouble.

Agree... :lol::lol::lol: \

4. Anderson haters, get in line behind me. They guy is finally producing. If you can’t admit it now, you have some other agenda.

5. The run defense was fantastic! This was the best performance of the year stopping the 3 headed attack of the Cowboys.

6. The pass rush was once again non-existent. If we can’t address this before next Monday, we are in for a long night next week. That's the only line on point 6. necessary.PERIOD

7. Fundamentally, the Falcons looked sub-par yesterday. Collectively, it looked like the entire team had forgotten how to tackle and how to block. The Romo touchdown pass before the half was an epic failure. Ryan was under intense pressure all day. Everything that the Falcons usually do well fell short yesterday.

8. One of the brightest spots of this season has been Curtis Lofton. I believe that he is emerging as one of the top LB’s in the NFL. The guy hits like a cross between Jesse Tuggle and Scott Case. He is going to dominate in the league for years.

9. Brooking made me laugh. And so is the reaction of this message board. Brooking was told he was too old to play. He was insulted and dumped by the franchise he gave his heart and soul to. Yesterday he got his revenge, and the reaction from this board has made me laugh. I know that most everyone here on the board has been dumped before – you know the feeling of rejection. Now you get to go to the prom with the hot chick while your ex’s boyfriend has a huge zit on his nose. You flaunt it! You declare victory! You get your sweet revenge. Well, that was Keith yesterday. Get over it.

I know Keith, and he is a real class individual. He loves this city and its fans. He loved his years with the Falcons, and he wishes it ended on a different note, but that was not his choice. He remains one of the greatest Falcons to ever wear the black and red. All of this garbage of “I’m not a fan of his anymore” is just sour grapes. Get over it – Brooking was great for this team and city, and I can’t wait for the day his banner

Brooking got paid MILLIONS here while he underperformed the whole time.Brooking was never anywhere near the player as Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher,etc. BUT WAS PAID THAT WAY!! I don't owe Keith Brooking chit....and am one that of the ones who bumped I hope he gets hit by a bus (preferably a bus on our team....who crushes his cranium next time we meet!)

Edited by nosweatboyz

The frustrating thing about this game was the mere fact that THE OFFENSE cannot get on track. I do not know if its Mularky or Ryan is looking to get rid of the ball, but it seems like we do not run alot of 7 step drops. Not even when we had time in previous games. I think we have to find a new OC

Mularket is not the problem at all. If we could have established a running game, Ryan woul not have been unde the pressure he was. If we are going to get better, it has to start with Turner.

We have to adjust our offense to what we are doing better which is throwing the ball. Spread the field with receivers and throw the ball. Turner is not getting the job done so we have to adjust....Doesnt it seem like, Mularky just calls whatever he has on his playcalling sheet and does not attack a teams weaknesses?

Brooking got paid MILLIONS here while he underperformed the whole time.Brooking was never anywhere near the player as Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher,etc. BUT WAS PAID THAT WAY!! I don't owe Keith Brooking chit....and am one that of the ones who bumped I hope he gets hit by a bus (preferably a bus on our team....who crushes his cranium next time we meet!)

I never understand what you people wanted out of Brooking. He was never elite, but was always one of the top LB's in the league. You don't earn multiple pro-bowl selections by underperforming.

He is having a good year for the Cowboys, and the coaching staff loves him. The Cowboys fans are showing him the appreciation he deserved in Atlanta.

Mularket is not the problem at all. If we could have established a running game, Ryan woul not have been unde the pressure he was. If we are going to get better, it has to start with Turner.

Mularky last week against the Bears ran the same bootleg play, back to back to back..His offense is predicated around running the ball. Thats all he knows how to do. You have to adjust in the game. We cannot run the ball, pass the ball to open up the running lanes. Throw some Wide receiver screens or some running back screens to slow down the blitz. It was bad play calling. He did not adjust to slow down the blitz.

Outstanding post. +1.

Mularky last week against the Bears ran the same bootleg play, back to back to back..His offense is predicated around running the ball. Thats all he knows how to do. You have to adjust in the game. We cannot run the ball, pass the ball to open up the running lanes. Throw some Wide receiver screens or some running back screens to slow down the blitz. It was bad play calling. He did not adjust to slow down the blitz.

Until the running game EVER gets established as a legitimate thread, nothing is going to work. We could'e pass to open lanes becaus eth Cowboys were bringing 6 people all day long. If we could run, that would stop in a heartbeat.

I never understand what you people wanted out of Brooking. He was never elite, but was always one of the top LB's in the league. You don't earn multiple pro-bowl selections by underperforming.

He is having a good year for the Cowboys, and the coaching staff loves him. The Cowboys fans are showing him the appreciation he deserved in Atlanta.

*raises hand

1. To occasionally make a play behind the line of scrimmage

2. To not get trucked or dragged by 90% of the running backs in the league.

3. To consistently make open field SOLO tackles (no pile jumping please)

4. To earn his paycheck on the field (not just by being a "good locker room guy")

5. To show some class and realize the NFL is a business after he got cut.

The pro-bowl is an overrated metrics to measure a players greatness. London Fletcher has never made one and he's twice the player Brooking ever was..

Until the running game EVER gets established as a legitimate thread, nothing is going to work. We could'e pass to open lanes becaus eth Cowboys were bringing 6 people all day long. If we could run, that would stop in a heartbeat.

Its called, running screens to slow down the blitz. That could have slowed down the blitz. Mularky is one of the most overhyped coordinators ever. Said that when we signed him last year. I truly cannot say he is a effective game manager. You attack that team deep down the field because there corners are really not that good. How about moving the pocket, How about running some more draws. Its oddly strange that when Snelling ran the ball, there were holes. Turner, just runs into his blockers and pushes the pile. There have been holes all season, he just ducks his head and runs into the back of the linemen...

Well I agree that we needed a screen game to slow down that rush once we are behind 2 scores and our OC did not appear to have brought one. Was a shame that we had the deep ball wide open and the oline could not get Ryan the time to get it off. I suspect that absence of our FB hurt us in that respect also, and our running failures should show his value as well.

I'm glad someone besides myself is starting to realize that we can't keep blaming the offensive line anymore after the things Norwood and Snelling have been doing with the football. Snelling was running up and down the field on the Cowboys yesterday.

Its called, running screens to slow down the blitz. That could have slowed down the blitz. Mularky is one of the most overhyped coordinators ever. Said that when we signed him last year. I truly cannot say he is a effective game manager. You attack that team deep down the field because there corners are really not that good. How about moving the pocket, How about running some more draws. Its oddly strange that when Snelling ran the ball, there were holes. Turner, just runs into his blockers and pushes the pile. There have been holes all season, he just ducks his head and runs into the back of the linemen...

This team has not run a screen since June Jones was a coordinator. It bugs me to death. But this team was built with a run-first mentality, and Mullarkey is a run-first guy. We can can't run first, or second, or third.....

This team has not run a screen since June Jones was a coordinator. It bugs me to death. But this team was built with a run-first mentality, and Mullarkey is a run-first guy. We can can't run first, or second, or third.....

That is the problem...To put it simply, we do not adjust to the teams we are playing and that is the problem. Throwing on first down. When we marched down the field on the first drive, we were throwing on first down. I understand Mularky is a run first Coordinator but that may have to change because we cannot run the ball successfully...Its starting to get annoying. I think he is holding back our offense and he is not ready for all these players. We do not even run deep post or corner routes. Its all crossing routes and out routes. If we had of taken shots down the field, that could have open up some running lanes. The deepest safety was 15 yards maybe from the LOS.