R-E-S-P-E-C-T

the_turtle

Hello dejected Falcon fans...

This first section of my post is directed solely at those who have been disrespecting the Cowboys abilities all week, if that's not you, then please ignore it, and skip ahead to the game-analysis portion of my post...

So all week leading up to this game the reoccuring anthem from most around here was all about how the Cowboys hadn't beaten a team with a winning record, while the Falcons had already whooped some good teams... Well, now let's look things, the Falcons have not beaten a team that is currently over .500... I saw a lot of you saying that the Bears were better than the Cowboys, still think so, even after seeing them get spanked by the Bengals 45-10?

Still think our offensive stats are simply a product of beating up on bad teams?

Still think there's nothing special about Romo, and that he's just all hype? Still think Romo's not on Ryans level? Still think he's a turnover-machine?

Last and most importantly, do ya still think Dallas isn't on the Falcons level?

I told y'all you were in for a rude awakening, and I was right! You were sooo wrong, about my team, and your own!

GAME-ANALYSIS

Now that I got the smack talk out of the way, onto the game itself... So the Cowboys won, and won convincingly... This was a HUGE win for Dallas! It gives a the tie-breaker for a wildcard spot, and more than that, it pretty much saved our season.

I thought this game would be much closer, and I was extremely worried after the Falcons scored on their opening drive... Romo played great today! That TD at the end of the half was vintage Romo! Ryan obviously didn't have a great day, but I think Dallas' defense and sub-par OL play had a lot to do with that. I know that the Falcons on a whole could've played much better, but even if Atlanta would have played more to their potential, I don't think there's anyway they were leaving the metroplex with a win today... Dallas recognized this as a HUGE game for them, and have been saying so all week, and for the first time in a long time, they were actually up to the challenge. Miles Austin is on the verge of becoming a star!

For the Falcon fans, I wouldn't take this loss too hard... If you chalked this game up as a win at the begining of the season, then that's just you being foolish... You're not gonna win them all, the Falcons are still one of the better teams in the NFC... You'll probably lose again next week, but even then, your sky should not be falling... There's still a lot of very winnable games on Atlanta's schedule, and there's a lot of very tough games still on the schedule, but the Falcons are a good team, and there's no team that they're not capable of defeating...

I can't understand what is happening with the Falcons ground attack, or lack there of.... I was really worried about their run game coming into today, my thought being that they're too good on the ground to remain in such a funk, they've gotta get it going sooner than later... Right? However it remains futile... I think this is obviously what is missing from their offense, get it back, get your mojo back...

Another element that remains missing from the Atlanta offense, that being the lack of big plays... Earlier in the week, I pointed out the disparity in the big-play department between the Falcons and the Cowboys, and it rang true on Sunday... The Cowboys had numerous plays of 30 or 40 yards, the Falcons didn't have any... I think the Falcons have the players with abilities to make the big plays, however I don't think their offensive scheme is built for the big play... I think the Falcons came into the season thinking they would hang their hats on their running game and ball control, but since that's not working, I think they'd better start opening things up down field... And maybe that's also the way to get the run going, start challenging teams more down field, and that should back those safeties off, which should make for less congestion in the box...

Who knows, maybe we'll meet again this season, and if we do, I would find no comfort in todays victory, because next time things could be different... But for now, I'm just happy things went Dallas' way today...

Its been fun, thanks for having me... I'll be cheering hard for y'all every time you face an NFCE team! And we'll do our best to take down the Saints when we see them in December!

Good luck guys!

This first section of my post is directed solely at those who have been disrespecting the Cowboys abilities all week, if that's not you, then please ignore it, and skip ahead to the game-analysis portion of my post...

So all week leading up to this game the reoccuring anthem from most around here was all about how the Cowboys hadn't beaten a team with a winning record, while the Falcons had already whooped some good teams... Well, now let's look things, the Falcons have not beaten a team that is currently over .500... I saw a lot of you saying that the Bears were better than the Cowboys, still think so, even after seeing them get spanked by the Bengals 45-10?

Still think our offensive stats are simply a product of beating up on bad teams?

Still think there's nothing special about Romo, and that he's just all hype? Still think Romo's not on Ryans level? Still think he's a turnover-machine?

I told y'all you were in for a rude awakening, and I was right! You were sooo wrong, about my team, and your own!

GAME-ANALYSIS

Now that I got the smack talk out of the way, onto the game itself... So the Cowboys won, and won convincingly... This was a HUGE win for Dallas! It gives a the tie-breaker for a wildcard spot, and more than that, it pretty much saved our season.

I thought this game would be much closer, and I was extremely worried after the Falcons scored on their opening drive... Romo played great today! That TD at the end of the half was vintage Romo! Ryan obviously didn't have a great day, but I think Dallas' defense and sub-par OL play had a lot to do with that. I know that the Falcons on a whole could've played much better, but even if Atlanta would have played more to their potential, I don't think there's anyway they were leaving the metroplex with a win today... Dallas recognized this as a HUGE game for them, and have been saying so all week, and for the first time in a long time, they were actually up to the challenge. Miles Austin is on the verge of becoming a star!

For the Falcon fans, I wouldn't take this loss too hard... If you chalked this game up as a win at the begining of the season, then that's just you being foolish... You're not gonna win them all, the Falcons are still one of the better teams in the NFC... You'll probably lose again next week, but even then, your sky should not be falling... There's still a lot of very winnable games on Atlanta's schedule, and there's a lot of very tough games still on the schedule, but the Falcons are a good team, and there's no team that they're not capable of defeating...

I can't understand what is happening with the Falcons ground attack, or lack there of.... I was really worried about their run game coming into today, my thought being that they're too good on the ground to remain in such a funk, they've gotta get it going sooner than later... Right? However it remains futile... I think this is obviously what is missing from their offense, get it back, get your mojo back...

Another element that remains missing from the Atlanta offense, that being the lack of big plays... Earlier in the week, I pointed out the disparity in the big-play department between the Falcons and the Cowboys, and it rang true on Sunday... The Cowboys had numerous plays of 30 or 40 yards, the Falcons didn't have any... I think the Falcons have the players with abilities to make the big plays, however I don't think their offensive scheme is built for the big play... I think the Falcons came into the season thinking they would hang their hats on their running game and ball control, but since that's not working, I think they'd better start opening things up down field... And maybe that's also the way to get the run going, start challenging teams more down field, and that should back those safeties off, which should make for less congestion in the box...

Who knows, maybe we'll meet again this season, and if we do, I would find no comfort in todays victory, because next time things could be different... But for now, I'm just happy things went Dallas' way today...

Its been fun, thanks for having me... I'll be cheering hard for y'all every time you face an NFCE team! And we'll do our best to take down the Saints when we see them in December!

Good luck guys!

Classy post.I don't think our fans are as optimistic as you are about our team right now though.

GAME-ANALYSIS

Good luck guys!

Great, one the most optimistic posts on the falcons is from a cowboys fan. Cowboys played great yesterday. Hope the falcons get a rematch later in the year.