Falcons No-Huddle Offense

ghoticov

Where did it go? Why did it only show up when we were 20 points down in the 4th quarter?

I don't understand this coaching staff sometimes. Why would they not use the no huddle in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd quarters when it has been proven that Ryan (and the O in general) operate very well out of it? It showed last week against the Bears and then this week we don't use it at all?

I don't get it.

Where did it go? Why did it only show up when we were 20 points down in the 4th quarter?

I don't understand this coaching staff sometimes. Why would they not use the no huddle in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd quarters when it has been proven that Ryan (and the O in general) operate very well out of it? It showed last week against the Bears and then this week we don't use it at all?

I don't get it.

i was wondering when they were gonna pull it out as well... WTF man? Why didnt they do it?

I don't get it.

we didnt use it because we couldnt get a **** first down for 10 drives

I don't understand why we can see something so clearly but yet they can't. We have always had pretty good success running it. Our offense bogs down after the first drive and you would think they would change the tempo and run it but no... they don't use it until we are down 20 points. LOL It makes zero sense.

we didnt use it because we couldnt get a **** first down for 10 drives

That's exactly the point. Why not start running it and see what happens? It was obvious our O was pathetic after the first drive. After two failed drives, why not try the no huddle on the 3rd one right from the start to see what happens? We have done it before (namely the Bears game) and it worked.

I don't understand why we can see something so clearly but yet they can't. We have always had pretty good success running it. Our offense bogs down after the first drive and you would think they would change the tempo and run it but no... they don't use it until we are down 20 points. LOL It makes zero sense.

I agree 100%. Makes no sense to me, Matt does a good job out of the no huddle, reading the D and adjusting as necessary. Also not allowing the D to change personnel, get 'em tired...

I agree 100%. Makes no sense to me, Matt does a good job out of the no huddle, reading the D and adjusting as necessary. Also not allowing the D to change personnel, get 'em tired...

EXACTLY!

Sometimes, I think Ryan does better when he doesn't over think things. When he can just keep the tempo up and read and react, I believe he is at his best. Plus, it slows down the pass rush because they get gassed.

I don't get it.

Maybe it has something to do with Turner's lack of vision. We do run the ball on various plays during the no huddle don't we? I guess they didn't want to face a momentum killer

EXACTLY!

Sometimes, I think Ryan does better when he doesn't over think things. When he can just keep the tempo up and read and react, I believe he is at his best. Plus, it slows down the pass rush because they get gassed.

Get Ryan to the line, let him read the best "mismatch" available, call it and make a play. Get Finneran in there more too.

I'm not typically a complainer about playcalling, and Mularkey is a great schemer and play designer, but his play calling this season has been terrible for the most part. The only time we've play consistent offense is when Matt Ryan's calling the plays in the No Huddle. He needs to get it right or let Ryan do it more often.

That's my armchair QB moment of the week. I was glad to see us ATTEMPT a flea flicker, though it didn't develop... or Ryan didn't let it develop.

It seems to me like the Falcons deploy the no-huddle like teams deploy gimmick plays. They seem to hold onto it and only use it when “field position” is right (according to the coaches last week).

I don’t see why they don’t use it when they are out of sync and stale on offense. Offense has been lack luster all year with the exception of the 49ers game.

Also, what about the shot-gun to give Ryan more time? I know you can’t run that much out of it, but with as poor as the running game has been who cares?

I don't get it.

When you cant run, it doesn't matter if you huddle or not.

Alot of people get flamed for asking those type questions. i remember ALOT of people asking why not move JA98 to DT. They were flamed or laughed off the boards for daring to question the all knowing coaches. Now, we see that was a very good suggestion/question. The no huddle is another example of our coaches arrogance. They think they are going to outsmart other coaches and only outsmart themselves. I have always been a person who believes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" Until a team ANY TEAM shows they can stop our no huddle offense....we should run it. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Peyton Manning has done a pretty good job of it in the past when their running game was below average. You put the ball in the QB's hands and let him take control of the Offense. I would think they trust Ryan by now to do that... but I guess not.

Have to disagree with that Rev.......... look at the bears game,

That no huddle won the game for us. the bears had NO answer for it, I think ryan was like 8 of 9 or something insane like that w/ the no huddle.

we also ran some out of it and had some of the better runs of the night.

The no huddle can create a lot of mismatches for the offense.