Falcons offense seems to have communication problems on road

gazoo

When we ran the ball right down and scored in the first series the crowd didn't seem to be as loud as they were as the game progressed.

Seems our young offense is really getting rattled on the road with loud noise to deal with on offense. They seem to miscommunicate, miss blocks, mistime things and just can't all get on the same page. Roddy and Jenkins running into each other means someone was confused, the timing was off on running plays.....it's a communication thing and I saw it in New England.

Fortunately, there is a solution to this. I'll never forget in 1998 how Dan Reeves had us ready to go to Minnesota and play the Vikings in the NFCCG.....I was terrified it would be so loud we wold mess up, but Reeves had them ready with the silent count and it was execued to perfection.

The 1998 offense was more veteran, that was probably the difference.

We'll be fine, don;t panic. Most here panicking predicted we'd be 1-5 right now and we are 4-2 so they were alrady wrong.

Didnt the silent count pretty much kill us last year in Arizona?

While I see your point and there very well may be some issues there, the silent count has to be executed better than last season or the DL will be in the backfield even sooner and Turner will run for -5 yards vs his regular -2 yards per play. :)

When we ran the ball right down and scored in the first series the crowd didn't seem to be as loud as they were as the game progressed.

Seems our young offense is really getting rattled on the road with loud noise to deal with on offense. They seem to miscommunicate, miss blocks, mistime things and just can't all get on the same page. Roddy and Jenkins running into each other means someone was confused, the timing was off on running plays.....it's a communication thing and I saw it in New England.

Fortunately, there is a solution to this. I'll never forget in 1998 how Dan Reeves had us ready to go to Minnesota and play the Vikings in the NFCCG.....I was terrified it would be so loud we wold mess up, but Reeves had them ready with the silent count and it was execued to perfection.

The 1998 offense was more veteran, that was probably the difference.

We'll be fine, don;t panic. Most here panicking predicted we'd be 1-5 right now and we are 4-2 so they were alrady wrong.

What's young about this offense? The only thing young about this offense is Baker and Ryan. Roddy is in his 5th yr and Jenkins in his 6th. Saying it's going to be alright is a bunch of fluff. To be considered a good team these games need to be won. Take the Saints for example. They won today. They won the game that needed to be won, three times already this year. Jets, Giants and today vs. Miami. They are 3-0 in need to win games and we are 0-2 in need to win games. Take note that I said need to win not must win.......

It seem to be the same ole story with our franchise, put us on the big stage and we fall short, over and over again. You go ahead and remain satisfied with this, I for one will not.