NINE

I am 33 yrs old and I was born into this Falcons thing. I was there when William Andrews ran over the Rams defender, Dieon turning a muffed punt into a TD, Rosim was dragging the ball accross the goal line against the Saints, Jefferson's theme playing at the dome in 98, Vick's 15 yrd miracle run against the Panthers and 11 seconds. That being said the Falcons could still thrill me just as much as any of these moment by doing one thing. That would be getting win number Nine and ending our run and the NFL's red headed step child. So the rest of the year for me comes down to Nine in 09. Anything else above that would be appreciated but all I am looking for is win #9.

One of your biggest fans,

Sec 227, Seat #9 :mellow:

I am 33 yrs old and I was born into this Falcons thing. I was there when William Andrews ran over the Rams defender, Dieon turning a muffed punt into a TD, Rosim was dragging the ball accross the goal line against the Saints, Jefferson's theme playing at the dome in 98, Vick's 15 yrd miracle run against the Panthers and 11 seconds. That being said the Falcons could still thrill me just as much as any of these moment by doing one thing. That would be getting win number Nine and ending our run and the NFL's red headed step child. So the rest of the year for me comes down to Nine in 09. Anything else above that would be appreciated but all I am looking for is win #9.

I honestly don't get this fixation. Is there a trophy or something for back to back winning seasons that I just don't know about? Do they give out rings for back to back winning seasons or something?

A 9 win season will be a failure. Back to back winning seasons will not come remotely close to negating that fact.

That's not to say consistency isn't something to strive for but if the players are worried about something so irrelevant (back to back winning seasons as opposed to a championship...with which back to back winning seasons would come naturally) then Smith has a problem.

Edited by btrain5489

I honestly don't get this fixation. Is there a trophy or something for back to back winning seasons that I just don't know about? Do they give out rings for back to back winning seasons or something?

A 9 win season will be a failure. Back to back winning seasons will not come remotely close to negating that fact.

When you're a long suffering Falcons Fan, it means a lot... I don't really know how to explain it, but it does. :mellow:

if were looking to take the next step as a consistant contender, the first step is to get that monkey off our backs, 9 wins this year and i am happy especially with the type of schedule we have, i think we can get 10 though

The goal is to make the playoffs...then the goal is to win the superbowl.

If back to back winning seasons happens along the route to either of those goals fine. If it doesn't who cares. I've got my eyes on the real prize, not some stupid statistical anomaly.

That monkey is one that's limited to the fans and the team doesn't talk about until they're out of contention, the year is done, and they're trying to throw the fans a bone.

How about we worry about making the playoffs and winning a championship. Back to back winning seasons will come when we're farther along in accomplishing the *real* goals.

Edited by btrain5489

That's not to say consistency isn't something to strive for but if the players are worried about something so irrelevant (back to back winning seasons as opposed to a championship...with which back to back winning seasons would come naturally) then Smith has a problem.

Until we have back to back winning season WE CARRY THE TROPHY as the only NFL team to have not done so. It is a big fu@king deal dude! Nine wins this year comes before anything if you are a Falcons fan.

Are you able to grasp the concept now? :huh:

I'm right there with you man. NINE is the word. We'll see next week if we have the goods to keep up with the Saints and make a run at it in the playoffs. But regardless this curse needs to END. This year.

People are panicking about our team. But c'mon, we still have two games against the Bucs, one against the Panthers, and one against Washington. If we simply show up, that's four wins. and we have four now, making 8. We just have to take care of business and we'll get the back to back. Everything else is gravy. I'd like to say this is a Super Bowl team, but the more I look at things logically I think we're still a few players away.

The goal is to make the playoffs...then the goal is to win the superbowl.

If back to back winning seasons happens along the route to either of those goals fine. If it doesn't who cares. I've got my eyes on the real prize, not some stupid statistical anomaly.

That monkey is one that's limited to the fans and the team doesn't talk about until they're out of contention, the year is done, and they're trying to throw the fans a bone.

How about we worry about making the playoffs and winning a championship. Back to back winning seasons will come when we're farther along in accomplishing the *real* goals.

I wish they would have thrown that bone a long timw ago, but they couldnt. Why, cause we have sucked, JA 32 gets hurt, Vick gets hurt, are you Fu@king KIDDING ME!?!? Nine wins this season is called a mile-stone for the falcons. (definition) having never been done before.

Until we have back to back winning season WE CARRY THE TROPHY as the only NFL team to have not done so. It is a big fu@king deal dude! Nine wins this year comes before anything if you are a Falcons fan.

Are you able to grasp the concept now? :huh:

The imaginary trophy that you just made up? Yeah, I thought so. It's a stupid tv broadcast/bar trivia type stat that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Worrying about something less than the playoffs and eventually a championship is a loser's mentality. I'm glad the players and staff don't share it.

The imaginary trophy that you just made up? Yeah, I thought so. It's a stupid tv broadcast/bar trivia type stat that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Worrying about something less than the playoffs and eventually a championship is a loser's mentality. I'm glad the players and staff don't share it.

Oh so you have been a peace of sh!t fan since 2002? It's not a made up Trophy MORON it is "imagery" which is something that they might not have touch on yet in the sixth grade, but it works here. The "Trophy" sybolizes that we are the last team left to never have accomplished this (what should be minor) goal. That makes it a big deal in the sceam of anything...even your ignorance.

Your mom holds a trophy...but won't get INTO her, it right now!! :o

Oh so you have been a peace of sh!t fan since 2002? It's not a made up Trophy MORON it is "imagery" which is something that they might not have touch on yet in the sixth grade, but it works here. The "Trophy" sybolizes that we are the last team left to never have accomplished this (what should be minor) goal. That makes it a big deal in the sceam of anything...even your ignorance.

You seem to know a lot about the 6th grade. Are you in the 6th grade yourself? Your excessive use of caps lock, ineptitude with capitalization, and inability to refrain from using profanity seem to indicate as much. Anyway...

I'll let you in on a secret. Part of becoming a winning team in any sport is setting aside the loser's mentality and starting to set your goals where they should be instead of two pegs below that point, as a loser would. Being concerned with any number of wins aside from the number that gets us into the playoffs is stupid. Ending this season 9-7 and outside of the playoffs is no less of a failure than ending it 0-16. To bring back the school tie in you love so much, it's like being the smartest kid in the dumb class...at the end of the day you're still dumb too.

Winning teams worry about getting to the dance then winning there. Losers worry about stupid statistics that will take care of themselves if you're making progress towards accomplishing the real goals.

Edited by btrain5489

You seem to know a lot about the 6th grade. Are you in the 6th grade yourself? Your excessive use of caps lock, ineptitude with capitalization, and inability to refrain from using profanity seem to indicate as much. Anyway...

I'll let you in on a secret. Part of becoming a winning team in any sport is setting aside the loser's mentality and starting to set your goals where they should be instead of two pegs below that point, as a loser would. Being concerned with any number of wins aside from the number that gets us into the playoffs is stupid. Ending this season 9-7 and outside of the playoffs is no less of a failure than ending it 0-16. To bring back the school tie in you love so much, it's like being the smartest kid in the dumb class...at the end of the day you're still dumb too.

Winning teams worry about getting to the dance then winning there. Losers worry about stupid statistics that will take care of themselves if you're making progress towards accomplishing the real goals.

Please tell me how looking forward to a nine win season before considering play offs is in any way a loser mentality.

1. Nine wins is a winning season

2. We have the fourth toughest schedule of anyone this season so Nine = achievment

3. We have never, ever, had back to back winners and there is a mental block for every sports caster and sports enthusiast accross the nation regarding the Falcons because of this. Why do you think they never pick us? Because they expect us to FAIL.

4. After we acheive this mile stone the wildcard/playoffs can be another goal as the season comes closer to the end.

5. If you have ever seen me post you know I love when girls spell check as a cut or comeback because it adds absolutely no merit to your argument. You should probably go talk sports with your Middle school teachers. That way you can be sure to have all the correct punctuations.

6. Your argument leads me to believe that you would not call yourself a fan of the Falcons unless they make it to the playoffs. It also suggest that either you are very young or you have not been a fan of the birds for very long because back to back in fact is a huge deal for this franchise right now.

Back to back winning seasons is the most important thing for this organization. The main reason that the Falcons can not establish a strong fan base is because they have been consistent losers with occasional bright seasons. And, every time a bright season graces the city of Atlanta, the team manages to crush hope the following year.

This franchise has to establish a hard core fan base by giving the fans a reasonable hope that they will compete. Back to back winning seasons does that. Once the consistency comes, the championships will fall into place.