Snelling vs Burner

I'm seeing tons of topics calling Turner out lately and just wanted to know why? I understand that he's not hitting the holes like he should be but that shouldn't mean we bench him already. Of course it is 6 games into the season for us but i say give him till like week 10 to truly decide. Snelling though i am going to give props to for coming in and running hard, doing all that he can to help the team.

Today just seemed like a bad day for our Birdz. SO I'm just asking you fellow members why do you not want Turner with the ball anymore? Was last year a fluke for our Burner or is he just getting the Focus on too much and are D's are now able to put the burner on cool?

Go Falcons & Jayhawks both take flight against tough opponents next week.

We need to increase the reps of everyone else who can run the ball. Turner has been playing like a 260 pound Dunn, and it's one of the reasons our offense is struggling.

He's averaging 3.1 YPC, we need to take away his carries! For weeks it has been excuses about teams stacking the box and our offensive line not opening up holes. Dallas didn't stack the box, and other backs were able to run quite efficiently. It's not our team, it's Turner. I dunno what his problem is, but he is a totally different player than he was last year. I don't think he should see any more than 10 carries until he gives us a reason he should.

We are 6 GAMES INTO THE SEASON and he looks like sh#t...Point blank...PERIOD!!! Maybe the huge contract has spoiled him or something...I dunno???

But, one thing I DO see is Snelling runs like he's "hungry" compared to Turner. Take a look at the other running backs around the league and how they are running the ball...I GUARANTEE you'll notice a difference, or at least you should!

Edited by BirdzEyeView

I've been liking Snelling for years and admire what Turner did last season for us so its hard for me to say this, but you may be right. Turner just seems flat for some reason and Snelling runs with some serious passion that Turner seemed to have last season. Maybe running Snelling between the 20s and save Turner for the redzone is the best option right now. I was hoping that maybe Turner just hadn't cut loose yet and teams are zeroed in on him, but how to you explain what Snelling has been able to do?

I honestly think we need more of Snelling running and bring in Turner in when we get into the redzone

Bingo.

I told you fellows months ago that Snelling is the closest thing I have seen to William Andrews in 25 years. Run inside. Run outside. Truck people on any given play. Catch the ball out of the back field. Block for other RBs. Block for the QB. Don't fumble. Low cap hit. The only difference is he is a special teams beast compared to Andrews.

Before all of you rag on my post above:

Turner has been shut down in 12 of his 23 starts. In those shut down games we have gone 4-8. In the four wins:

2008 CHI - we had to win with an 11 second miracle play

2008 MIN - they fumbled the game away

2009 MIA - they are just not that good

2009 CHI - they aren't very good either

If Reeves or Glanville were coaching Snelling would be starting by now. Trust me.

is it me or do i notice something weird

whenever we run turner up the middle its alway 2-4 yards. Whenever we pitch it to him he gets 7-10 yards. Like todays game we did one pitch to him and he made 11 yards. Also i do agree with you that Snelling should get more reps than turner. Well thats atleast when turner gets that passion again. I KNOW FOR A FACT that turner loves to get playing time. Whenever we sit him out for a lil he seems eager to get in when on the sideline. Its just that he does seem flat. Maybe some time being benched would get him going to become the burner again.