Im suing for false advertising

While in their heyday, the Cowboys had their "Triplets" Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin. Defenses feared them and offenses wanted to be them.

Flash forward to 2009 and the Atlanta Falcons were ready to unveil the "Quadruplets" Matt Ryan, Mike Turner, Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez. These 4 were to lead this Falcon offense to new heights.

Never before was there a more prolific package on the field at one time. Turner could bash through any front a defense threw at him. Ryan and White could connect on deep balls at will and Tony G was there to slash LB's in coverage at with little to no effort.

Maybe I was jaded and swallowed the advertising whole-heartedly. I really expected this team to have maybe a single 3 and out per game. If they weren't scoring TD's, this offense was at least moving the ball each and every possession. Jason Elam would finish off any drive that sputtered but that was to be few and far between anyway.

This offense was advertised as so potent that our defense could get by with substandard players in the secondary and why not. Scoring as much as we should, this defense only had to make a few stops per game to keep the machine that was to be our offense rolling.

Yet instead we have an offense that sputters more than scores. Turner is ineffective no matter how the OL performs. As soon as he comes out, his replacement moves the ball behind that same OL.

Ryan has had some struggles but seems to do the best he can with what plays are called.

White is playing with shackles on his legs as he isn't being given the opportunity to stretch the field. While he is capable, the plays that are being called are NOT playing into his strengths.

Gonzo, while the best TE of all time is finding himself the target of DC's everywhere as he is double covered and bracketed coming off the line each and every play. (at least lately)

Mularkey was supposed to be the guru of inventive play calling yet we see the same stone-walled Turner runs play after play. His reluctance to unleash White (SF game being an exception) is limiting the options of Matt Ryan and contributing to stalling this offense.

Going back to the defense....I think we all knew that any team that was given some time to throw and wanted to really get "vertical", our DB's were going to be in big trouble. We saw that today and will see it again and again starting with next week.

With the offense that was advertised, this defensive weakness could have been neutralized. Instead we perform like we are on a roller-coaster.

When this team is hot, they are white hot. When cold, they alone could stop global warming. This up and down roller coaster ride has to stop and some consistency has to be attained.

I hold the coaching staff far more accountable than the players. Poor planning, bad adjustments, and the hard-headed attitude that keeps running the same ineffective plays over and over has me and this entire fanbase frustrated.

Something has to change and in my opinion, it lies in the play calling. Take the reigns off of Ryan and White. Stop the runs with Turner outside of the redzone, and stop being so conservative.

This team has weapons of mass destruction but they do us no good sitting in their silos. Give Ryan and the offense the launch codes and unleash the fury that was advertised at seasons start.

Im happy with Roddy and Tony G. Im sort of happy with the progress of Matt Ryan. My only problem with him is that when he gets pressured he usually tries to squeeze balls into impossible windows. If you notice most of his ints have come over the middle, he has problems throwing over the middle when pressured.

Im sooo disappointed in Turner. He cant bounce out to the edges anymore. He also seems to have the Norwood disease where he goes down as soon as someone touches him. He used to run through tacklers. I think we need to draft a RB and a center next year

i dont understand what happened either. last year our offense thrived on the big play, a lot of 20+ yard passes down field to Roddy and Jenkins. Then in the offseason, we pick up one of the best (if not the best) pass catching TE ever and our offense looked deadly. But instead of sticking with what we did last year in the passing game, we basically change the playbook, and fill it with the most vanilla and easily defendable plays. We turned from a big play machine, into a boring, ineffective possesion offense.

Im tired of the "Run, Run, Pass, Punt" offense of 09. We have a lot of work to do before Monday.

This offense should be unstoppable. I don't understand. You have Turner, Gonzo, and White. Defenses shouldn't be able to stop all 3 of them...but somehow they are??????????????

It seems that defenses are really trying to stop the run. In that case, White and Gonzo should be having a field day and this team should be "pass first to set up the run". But, I don't see it!

Dallas defense was teeing off yesterday but I didn't see a single screen pass to slow down the rush and one draw play that was effective but never saw it again.

Maybe this team is believeing the hype and not staying humble. They aren't hungry like they should be. I just don't see it on the field.

While in their heyday, the Cowboys had their "Triplets" Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin. Defenses feared them and offenses wanted to be them.

Flash forward to 2009 and the Atlanta Falcons were ready to unveil the "Quadruplets" Matt Ryan, Mike Turner, Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez. These 4 were to lead this Falcon offense to new heights.

Never before was there a more prolific package on the field at one time. Turner could bash through any front a defense threw at him. Ryan and White could connect on deep balls at will and Tony G was there to slash LB's in coverage at with little to no effort.

Maybe I was jaded and swallowed the advertising whole-heartedly. I really expected this team to have maybe a single 3 and out per game. If they weren't scoring TD's, this offense was at least moving the ball each and every possession. Jason Elam would finish off any drive that sputtered but that was to be few and far between anyway.

This offense was advertised as so potent that our defense could get by with substandard players in the secondary and why not. Scoring as much as we should, this defense only had to make a few stops per game to keep the machine that was to be our offense rolling.

Yet instead we have an offense that sputters more than scores. Turner is ineffective no matter how the OL performs. As soon as he comes out, his replacement moves the ball behind that same OL.

Ryan has had some struggles but seems to do the best he can with what plays are called.

White is playing with shackles on his legs as he isn't being given the opportunity to stretch the field. While he is capable, the plays that are being called are NOT playing into his strengths.

Gonzo, while the best TE of all time is finding himself the target of DC's everywhere as he is double covered and bracketed coming off the line each and every play. (at least lately)

Mularkey was supposed to be the guru of inventive play calling yet we see the same stone-walled Turner runs play after play. His reluctance to unleash White (SF game being an exception) is limiting the options of Matt Ryan and contributing to stalling this offense.

Going back to the defense....I think we all knew that any team that was given some time to throw and wanted to really get "vertical", our DB's were going to be in big trouble. We saw that today and will see it again and again starting with next week.

With the offense that was advertised, this defensive weakness could have been neutralized. Instead we perform like we are on a roller-coaster.

When this team is hot, they are white hot. When cold, they alone could stop global warming. This up and down roller coaster ride has to stop and some consistency has to be attained.

I hold the coaching staff far more accountable than the players. Poor planning, bad adjustments, and the hard-headed attitude that keeps running the same ineffective plays over and over has me and this entire fanbase frustrated.

Something has to change and in my opinion, it lies in the play calling. Take the reigns off of Ryan and White. Stop the runs with Turner outside of the redzone, and stop being so conservative.

This team has weapons of mass destruction but they do us no good sitting in their silos. Give Ryan and the offense the launch codes and unleash the fury that was advertised at seasons start.

Excellent post. I could not have said anything better.

False Advertising is right!!!

Every one criticizes the Defense but forgets outside of Abraham the highest paid players are on Offense and are not delivering.

Very good point.I would rather we spend more on defense than offense. We should not be paying top dollar for Turner. Running backs are easily found. We need a better secondary and more pressure from the line. We need to upgrade our o-line. There are holes on the team....HUGE gaping holes.We should not have so much salary cap tied to Turner, combined with Gonzalez, White and Jenkins = BIG $$$

I want a Ravens type defense (from their Super Bowl year) One that brings the pain and stops every team it faces. I will sacrifice offense for that.

Edited by nosweatboyz

This offense should be unstoppable. I don't understand. You have Turner, Gonzo, and White. Defenses shouldn't be able to stop all 3 of them...but somehow they are??????????????

It seems that defenses are really trying to stop the run. In that case, White and Gonzo should be having a field day and this team should be "pass first to set up the run". But, I don't see it!

Dallas defense was teeing off yesterday but I didn't see a single screen pass to slow down the rush and one draw play that was effective but never saw it again.

Maybe this team is believeing the hype and not staying humble. They aren't hungry like they should be. I just don't see it on the field.

The fact is Matt Ryan is still a young QB that needs a solid running game. When you take that big of a crutch away then the results won't usually work in your favor. Especially when you're playing a good offense.

Defenses will continue to tee off on us unless we start to run the ball again. Remember it's much easier to defend a 1 dimensional offense than a balanced one. We should all know this from the Vick years. Once a team takes away your biggest strength then it's downhill from there.

There was going to be a time where our lackluster running game was going to bite us, I didn't think it would be this week but next week. Hopefully this loss has opened the eyes of the offensive line, Turner and Mike Murlarkey.

The fact is Matt Ryan is still a young QB that needs a solid running game. When you take that big of a crutch away then the results won't usually work in your favor. Especially when you're playing a good offense.

Defenses will continue to tee off on us unless we start to run the ball again. Remember it's much easier to defend a 1 dimensional offense than a balanced one. We should all know this from the Vick years. Once a team takes away your biggest strength then it's downhill from there.

There was going to be a time where our lackluster running game was going to bite us, I didn't think it would be this week but next week. Hopefully this loss has opened the eyes of the offensive line, Turner and Mike Murlarkey.

That and we need to spread the field more.Open up running lanes.

We have the best TE in NFL history. Even if he is up in age, he has good hands, can block, demands repsect from defenders, and can run nice routes. We have a young stud as a #1 WR. He is physical and fast. Has good hands and also can block. IMO we also have one of the best possesion recievers in the league with MR. Finn. What can I say about the guy. I freakin love em. Jenkins is a threat also with his size and speed. Why the F^#K arent we using these guys as we should. I know the O-line has to give Ryan time to make those long plays, but C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was watching Sports Center yesterday after all the games, and they said that the Saints got back in that game with their running game. What happened yesterday to our running game?

I have not gone back and looked at prior games yet to determine my theory on this but yesterday Turner on most carries tried to do what I like to call Warrick Dunn style running, get up to the line and then change directions and try to hit a gap. Is this the coaching staff planning runs like this or is it Turner's style of running? Or is it our O-line not being able to open up holes? It appeared the few times they had success yesterday with runs, whether it was Turner or Snelling they would immediately hit the hole and use their size and speed.

If the other team is blitzing, as they were doing quite often yesterday, I don't know why we were not running more and taking advantage of that by hitting a hole quickly. I have even seen the last couple of games Turner get caught from behind in the backfield because he got to the line, changed directions and went to the end and the opposite defensive end or tackle caught up to him and brought him down. Too much hesitation in the backfield is what I am seeing from our run game, that might work when there is not 8 in the box, but with teams respecting our run, I don't see that style being quite as effective - is this just me or does anyone else agree?

I would simply like to see Turner using his size and speed and busting through holes quickly!

I totally agree with your 1 dimensional aspect.

Yet I really bought into the fact that should we be subject to a team that shut down one aspect, that the other was strong enough to overcome and prevail.

The running game got shut down....I totally expected Ryan to move the ball at will through the air.

I believed that we were at a point where we could do both so well, and if needed, rely on one dimension should a team take the other away.

Obviously that is not the case. It will be exploited until we can either fix it or become strong enough to weather the storm should we be forced into being one dimensional.

Ryan has terrible windows to throw to because of the sucky *** route combinations that are being run. All the routes are out, short curls, short dig routes...It was just terrible play calling and that is how it has been all season..Its starting to get frustrating because if playcalling does not change, our offense will be in trouble

I was watching Sports Center yesterday after all the games, and they said that the Saints got back in that game with their running game. What happened yesterday to our running game?

I have not gone back and looked at prior games yet to determine my theory on this but yesterday Turner on most carries tried to do what I like to call Warrick Dunn style running, get up to the line and then change directions and try to hit a gap. Is this the coaching staff planning runs like this or is it Turner's style of running? Or is it our O-line not being able to open up holes? It appeared the few times they had success yesterday with runs, whether it was Turner or Snelling they would immediately hit the hole and use their size and speed.

If the other team is blitzing, as they were doing quite often yesterday, I don't know why we were not running more and taking advantage of that by hitting a hole quickly. I have even seen the last couple of games Turner get caught from behind in the backfield because he got to the line, changed directions and went to the end and the opposite defensive end or tackle caught up to him and brought him down. Too much hesitation in the backfield is what I am seeing from our run game, that might work when there is not 8 in the box, but with teams respecting our run, I don't see that style being quite as effective - is this just me or does anyone else agree?

I would simply like to see Turner using his size and speed and busting through holes quickly!

Agreed. Turner is not reading the plays correctly much of the time, or is simply ad- libbing too much of time and almost always wrongly. He is killing the run game too often himself. The OL is having difficulty at times for sure (run and pass) but Turner's play has been down right strange all season.