My Newest mock draft

hakim24

This is assuming we get a 4th and 5th round compensatory picks for Boley and Foxworth.

Trade:

We Give: S Erik Coleman, DE Chauncey Davis, CB Chris Houston + 2011 3rd round +(Original) 4th rounder +(Original)5th rounder

We Get: 2nd round pick

I don’t see us passing up on so much defensive talent. I think TD will do all he can to get that 2nd round pick back without giving up his 1st or 3rd.

1. OT Anthony Davis 6’6 325 RUTGERS- I have not been a big fan of drafting a OT early, but our offensive line REALLY struggles against good competition. We need another bookend OT who can help out in both the run and pass game. We also need a new C, but I think McClure can last for maybe another year.

Davis is a powerful OT who really excels at every part of the game. He will definitely be an upgrade over Clabo and allow for him to move inside to RG. His quick feet and experience at LT also would allow for him to move to LT if need be. Baker and Davis will be a very good combo that will open up lanes and give more time for Matt Ryan to operate.

2. CB Trevard Lindley 6’0 182 KENTUCKY- CB is probably the biggest weakness on our team and Trevard Lindley is that playmaking CB that truly has #1 potential. What I really like about him is that his arms are extremely long and the fact that he gets his hands on a bunch of passes that come his way. He is injured for the first time in his career and has missed a few games this year. He has not been targeted very much when he has played.

He falls to the 2nd is because of the amount of time he has missed with injury, decrease in stats, and the fact that scouts think he can only play Man Coverage (Which Kentucky only calls). He is tall, but a little thin and scouts might also be turned off by that too. This also looks to be a monumental draft with a bunch of Juniors declaring and I think he will fall even more because of it. Joe Haden, Dominique Franks, and Ras I Dowling really could make Lindley drop come draft day.

I see him as a player very similar to Al Harris of the Packers. I like the fact that he is battle tested by going up against NFL prospects like Julio Jones, A.J. Green, and Brandon Lafell. Lindley always follows the opposing teams best WR around the field. He is competitive, experienced (4 year starter), and has everything it takes to be a very good CB in this league. Since we have finally gotten rid of that Cover 2 defense and are more of an attacking group, Lindley fits right into our scheme in that he can be left on an island in Man coverage.

3. OLB Sean Weatherspoon 6’2 245 MIZZOU- I have said it all along and Weatherspoon looks like he is dropping more and more each day. He really has a bunch of potential and I still think he is one of the best OLBs in the country, but some scouts have found some flaws. He is very similar to Gerald McGrath in last year’s draft. McGrath was considered a top 10 pick going into the season and ended up in the 5th round. I don’t see Weatherspoon lasting until the 5th, but I do see him in that 3rd round range.

He already is considered a 2nd round pick now and I don’t see him going higher. His problems this year have been that he has absolutely no talent around him and he is playing at a much higher weight than he is used to. He also isn’t going to dazzle anybody at the combine either. He is just a football player. Not extremely flashy, but he can really make plays. This EXTREMELY talented draft will also cause him to slide. Travis Lewis and Novarro Bowman are going to leap frog him and cause him to drop. Add that to the amount of teams who are abandoning the 4-3 and Weatherspoon ends up in the 3rd.

4. CB Crezdon Butler 6’0 185 CLEMSON- I know some of you are going to ask why should we bring in ANOTHER late round CB, but there are some legitimate reasons. With the exception of Owens and maybe Grimes, I don’t think any CB on our roster is guaranteed a spot on our team next year. Butler also has all the tools of a good CB and is a 4-year starter. The one thing that he has over Lindley is track speed (4.3). He has shown the ability to pick off a number of passes and is a 4 year starter at Clemson. His potential is through the roof, but he still is a bit raw. He also hasn’t been tested very often and is not having the most productive year statistically…. He Only was thrown at 5 times in 5 games and still had 3 PBUs. He has been a true shut down CB at Clemson, but he does have some technique flaws that can be coached up.

5. TE Dedrick Epps 6’4 253 MIAMI- Epps is the perfect guy to bring in and develop behind Gonzalez. I don’t think we have to bring in a Gresham/Gronkowski type player that will require a high pick. An already physically gifted TE learning from the best to ever play the position is good with me. He is working out of Pro-style offense at Miami, so the learning curve will not be as steep as a guy like Dennis Pitta or Jermaine Gresham. He is already very good blocker and has become a very reliable target in the passing game.

6. OT/OG Chris Scott 6’5 341 TENNESSEE- Scott is one of those depth guys who can play every position on the Line. He really caught my attention when He DOMINATED Carlos Dunlap and Jermaine Cunnigham against Florida. He is playing LT right now, and has surprisingly good feet. He will likely play Guard in the NFL, but he is versatile, big and strong. I think he could easily become a starting interior Lineman on our team.

Trade Info: I know some people are going to mention Moore’s injury concerns and that we should at least keep Coleman for depth. Even though Moore’s injury issues can be problematic, I think he fits the SS position much better than Coleman and when he finally gets on the field, he fights through those injuries and continues to play. I just have not been very impressed with Coleman in that SS role and he just doesn’t seem comfortable playing near the LOS. He really would make this trade go because he would be a low risk player, won’t cost a team very much, and has proven to be a pretty good FS. I just think DeCoud has much better physical tools to play the FS spot (it is showing) and Moore has much better physical tools to play at SS.

The Jets tried to make him into a SS and it failed… That is the only reason why he is on our team today. His contract runs out after next year and it would be great to get something for him rather than lose him for nothing. I just don’t see us resigning him to a new deal with so much young talent at both of the Safety spots. Especially knowing that he is really going to have to battle to even be a starter next year.

One very interesting note that I read on RapidReports was that Moore was working with the 1st string defense. That tells me that he is progressing and the coaches like his ability. If not, they wouldn’t have wasted the time. Moore really has that potential to be an impact player on our defense. Coleman will never be a guy that teams are going to game plan against. I also really like Fudge as a backup for Moore and I am comfortable with him in if he does go down.

Davis is a very solid player, but doesn’t really excel at anything. JA98’s ability to play both DT and DE make him more valuable than Davis makes him expendable.

Chris Houston is experienced and can be decent depth on a team looking for CB help. The door will be opened for Owens to step up at CB next year. I just don’t think the staff is very high on Houston and the looks on Mike Smith’s face say it all. If we throw in a future 3rd round pick and our original 4th and 5th round picks, I think we could muster a 2nd from a team looking for some experienced depth.

A more established team that is mainly looking for depth instead of immediate starters would probably be the most interested. Also a team looking for short-term starters to give time for their young players to develop might also be interested. All 3 are fairly young and can give a team multiple years. The team would get 3 decent players and 3 extra picks. It may seem a bit much, but I think it would be a fair trade for everybody involved.

Our compensatory picks will cover for the picks we would lose.

Edited by hakim24

YOu went to heavy on the CB, we need another DT, especially seeing that injuries may be an issue with Depth. Trey Lewis can be upgraded. I do think that we need to address the Oline especially the right side.

Why do we need another DT? I wanted to get one very badly, but with Babs, JA98 and TJ we have at least 3, and Jerry will be coming back from his injury.

If we are going to pick a DT it will be a mid round guy, maybe a Lamarr Houston type (a guy I like quite a bit as a sleeper). He fits our scheme of penetrating and what not, but his drawback is he doesn't hold up well versus doubles and doesn't get a lot of sacks, just some QB hurries. He makes plays versus the run in the backfield though.

So if we are lining JA98 up at DT, which is pretty much what we're doing, we will be fine at DT assuming Jerry comes back healthy in my opinion. But if we don't think that we will spend a mid-round pick on a DT for depth. But I don't see us having more than 4 DT's on the roster, so unless you don't think TJ is a legitimate #4 DT (I personally think he is) then I think we are fine at DT.

And we could use upgrades at C, RG and RT. I don't think we will have a shot at upgrading all 3 of them. But if we ignore LE and CB in favor of upgrading the OL I probably won't be happy. We have a lot more to upgrade at LE and CB than we do at RT. All of our OL starters are alright starters, but they could be upgraded. JA98 was not cutting it all at LE, Bierman is not an every down LE in my opinion (best in a rotation) and we all know that our CB's could be easily upgraded with a quality starter.

I think upgrading RT is a luxury that we can't quite afford right now. It's a great idea, but I think that is a position we could address in round 1 of the 2011 draft after we fill some more pressing holes on defense. While I would love to bring in some more talent at C and RT this year (I have for a while) I just don't think it is feasible with the holes on our defense to spend our 1st rounder on RT.

Why do we need another DT? I wanted to get one very badly, but with Babs, JA98 and TJ we have at least 3, and Jerry will be coming back from his injury.

If we are going to pick a DT it will be a mid round guy, maybe a Lamarr Houston type (a guy I like quite a bit as a sleeper). He fits our scheme of penetrating and what not, but his drawback is he doesn't hold up well versus doubles and doesn't get a lot of sacks, just some QB hurries. He makes plays versus the run in the backfield though.

So if we are lining JA98 up at DT, which is pretty much what we're doing, we will be fine at DT assuming Jerry comes back healthy in my opinion. But if we don't think that we will spend a mid-round pick on a DT for depth. But I don't see us having more than 4 DT's on the roster, so unless you don't think TJ is a legitimate #4 DT (I personally think he is) then I think we are fine at DT.

And we could use upgrades at C, RG and RT. I don't think we will have a shot at upgrading all 3 of them. But if we ignore LE and CB in favor of upgrading the OL I probably won't be happy. We have a lot more to upgrade at LE and CB than we do at RT. All of our OL starters are alright starters, but they could be upgraded. JA98 was not cutting it all at LE, Bierman is not an every down LE in my opinion (best in a rotation) and we all know that our CB's could be easily upgraded with a quality starter.

I think upgrading RT is a luxury that we can't quite afford right now. It's a great idea, but I think that is a position we could address in round 1 of the 2011 draft after we fill some more pressing holes on defense. While I would love to bring in some more talent at C and RT this year (I have for a while) I just don't think it is feasible with the holes on our defense to spend our 1st rounder on RT.

I think that we need depth and Trey Lewis is not cutting it at DT. Yeah JA98 is an option at DT on passing downs, but what about on the other downs. If Vance Walker can show that he has some talent then yeah we dont need a Dt, and we cant bank of all of our DT staying healthy the whole year like Jerry getting hurt and even when Thomas Johnson went out that open up the Dallas running game up the middle. I do like Thomas Johnson at DT he is showing alot of promise, but we need to have good depth and I dont want to take one early but a mid round Dt is fine. I also think that we need to upgrade our Oline with a RT and a C to develop to replace McClure. I still dont want us to draft a CB early, i would rather get a FA CB to come in and help right away and draft one later.

I think that we need depth and Trey Lewis is not cutting it at DT. Yeah JA98 is an option at DT on passing downs, but what about on the other downs. If Vance Walker can show that he has some talent then yeah we dont need a Dt, and we cant bank of all of our DT staying healthy the whole year like Jerry getting hurt and even when Thomas Johnson went out that open up the Dallas running game up the middle. I do like Thomas Johnson at DT he is showing alot of promise, but we need to have good depth and I dont want to take one early but a mid round Dt is fine. I also think that we need to upgrade our Oline with a RT and a C to develop to replace McClure. I still dont want us to draft a CB early, i would rather get a FA CB to come in and help right away and draft one later.

JA98's strength is playing the run. He is quicker off the ball as a DT and he will probably add some weight to make sure he continues to hold up alright. But he is no lighter than Babs is (just by a few pounds) and with the scheme we play he fits in perfectly since he can get upfield and penetrate. Have you been watching the last 2 games? He has been making plays in the run game, shedding blocks better and getting upfield and getting pressure better. He will strengthen our DT rotation next year in my opinion. If he stops playing well all of a sudden I will rethink this statement obviously, but he has played very well these last two games.

I really think you are off on us needing another DT. We will be fine there if JA98 keeps playing well (which I think he will) if Thomas Johnson keeps playing well (as a #4 DT I think he will be more than fine) and if Jerry comes back healthy (hopefully he does).

If anything Jerry and Johnson are bigger concerns for me than JA98 is right now. He just has to maintain what he has been doing for me to be happy.

Also, it will not be as easy as you make it sound to go out and sign a solid starter at CB. I would love it if we managed to do it, but it remains to be seen if we will have much of a chance at signing someone like that.

JA98's strength is playing the run. He is quicker off the ball as a DT and he will probably add some weight to make sure he continues to hold up alright. But he is no lighter than Babs is (just by a few pounds) and with the scheme we play he fits in perfectly since he can get upfield and penetrate. Have you been watching the last 2 games? He has been making plays in the run game, shedding blocks better and getting upfield and getting pressure better. He will strengthen our DT rotation next year in my opinion. If he stops playing well all of a sudden I will rethink this statement obviously, but he has played very well these last two games.

I really think you are off on us needing another DT. We will be fine there if JA98 keeps playing well (which I think he will) if Thomas Johnson keeps playing well (as a #4 DT I think he will be more than fine) and if Jerry comes back healthy (hopefully he does).

If anything Jerry and Johnson are bigger concerns for me than JA98 is right now. He just has to maintain what he has been doing for me to be happy.

Also, it will not be as easy as you make it sound to go out and sign a solid starter at CB. I would love it if we managed to do it, but it remains to be seen if we will have much of a chance at signing someone like that.

Why will it be that hard all it takes is money. I would like to know how the CBA will effect the FA CB, so that part I am not truly understanding. Last time i checked JA98 weighed 273, maybe he is at a different weight now, but in a interview he said he was at 273. I hope that JA98 can be a fulltime DT and we just draft a DE to replace him, and use him on running downs. He is not in on running downs AT DT Offseason, it is Johnson/Babs/Lewis in on most 1st downs and most running plays. JA98 does get great penetration as a DT and he looks extremely quick off the ball, So i am not concerned about him at DT, but I am concerned about Jerry coming back from injury and I dont like what i have seen from Trey Lewis. IF Vance Walker can prove he can be a part of this rotation then we may be able to pass on a DT, but depth is key, especially since we have been hit with the injury bug at DT.

YOu went to heavy on the CB, we need another DT, especially seeing that injuries may be an issue with Depth. Trey Lewis can be upgraded. I do think that we need to address the Oline especially the right side.

I don't think we need another DT. The addition of JA98 and a healthy Jerry will give us a nice 4 man rotation with Babs, Jerry, JA98, and Thomas Johnson.

I don't think we need another DT. The addition of JA98 and a healthy Jerry will give us a nice 4 man rotation with Babs, Jerry, JA98, and Thomas Johnson.

Ok forget DT then maybe DE but we dont need two CB. YOu are just like a Woman Hakim, you give alittle and they always want more man LOL. You being greedy with the two CB main. :D

I see your point, but I honestly think we need some better talent on our offensive Line if we want to beat good teams.

They get manhandled by any credible D-Line and really have been one of the biggest problems on our offense this year. Matt Ryan makes them look much better than they actually are.

A Bookend RT would mean so much to our offense. It would give us an opportunity to be much more consistent against some of the better defenses in the league.

Getting a LDE would be ok, but Anderson is playing with much more confidence from both DE and DT.

The D-Line actually didn't play bad, they really just couldn't get Romo down. He was flushed a bunch and had to move around a lot. The D-Line really isn't the problem imo.

It mainly is the secondary.

Ok forget DT then maybe DE but we dont need two CB. YOu are just like a Woman Hakim, you give alittle and they always want more man LOL. You being greedy with the two CB main. :D

Like I said before, the D-Line has played very well. They didn't sack Romo a bunch, but they really made him move around a lot and flushed him out of the pocket. Romo is just really elusive and poised in there and he got away a few times.

Have you seen our CBs lately? They got MANHANDLED today. I hope you are finally going to realize that Grimes is not a starter. He is a good Nickel Back who can start occasionally against smaller WRs.

wow. i dont think we'll have to give that much to get back into the second round.

on top of that Weatherspoon will not drop, especially to the 3rd round. HE'S playing lights out and I think anybody that watches Mizzou football could tell you that. The total defense, on the other hand, is horrible. As I've said before, I can see a team like NYG taking him in the late first. He's a complete player.

Lindley is not my favorite corner to draft either. Although he gets praised for his man coverage, he gets beat just as much as he shuts down. I compare his max potential to Leigh Bodden.

Like I said before, the D-Line has played very well. They didn't sack Romo a bunch, but they really made him move around a lot and flushed him out of the pocket. Romo is just really elusive and poised in there and he got away a few times.

Have you seen our CBs lately? They got MANHANDLED today. I hope you are finally going to realize that Grimes is not a starter. He is a good Nickel Back who can start occasionally against smaller WRs.

Yeah Houston really got abused moreso than Grimes, but i do think that Owens can be a starter for us along with a Draft pick or a FA CB. The biggest question is what we are going to do about NB, I just dont know about Chevis at NB, but hopefully he continues to improve as the year goes along.

I see your point, but I honestly think we need some better talent on our offensive Line if we want to beat good teams.

They get manhandled by any credible D-Line and really have been one of the biggest problems on our offense this year. Matt Ryan makes them look much better than they actually are.

A Bookend RT would mean so much to our offense. It would give us an opportunity to be much more consistent against some of the better defenses in the league.

Getting a LDE would be ok, but Anderson is playing with much more confidence from both DE and DT.

The D-Line actually didn't play bad, they really just couldn't get Romo down. He was flushed a bunch and had to move around a lot. The D-Line really isn't the problem imo.

It mainly is the secondary.

Exactly. The biggest problems I see are RT and CB. I would love to get Bulaga or Ulatoski. But

realistically we probably won't be able to get Bulaga so I'll take Ulatoski. At corner I would

love to trade for Cromartie and start him with Owens.

wow. i dont think we'll have to give that much to get back into the second round.

on top of that Weatherspoon will not drop, especially to the 3rd round. HE'S playing lights out and I think anybody that watches Mizzou football could tell you that. The total defense, on the other hand, is horrible. As I've said before, I can see a team like NYG taking him in the late first. He's a complete player.

Lindley is not my favorite corner to draft either. Although he gets praised for his man coverage, he gets beat just as much as he shuts down. I compare his max potential to Leigh Bodden.

It won't be that much if we have Compensatory picks.

Weatherspoon has not been nearly as effective as he was last year. He is rated as a 2nd rounder and if Travis Lewis and Novarro Bowman come out, I definitely think he will fall even further.

I even read one report that were said he was one of the tp 5 overrated prospects in the country. His numbers will go down and strictly 4-3 LBs are not really in high demand anymore.

If Lindley turns into Leigh Bodden, I will be happy. Every CB gets beat. There are not many CBs who are going to completely shut down guys for an entire game.

Lindley is just a player who will allow us to be more aggressive in our blitz scheme because he can handle WRs one-on-one.

No CB on our roster except for maybe Owens even has that potential.

It won't be that much if we have Compensatory picks.

Weatherspoon has not been nearly as effective as he was last year. He is rated as a 2nd rounder and if Travis Lewis and Novarro Bowman come out, I definitely think he will fall even further.

I even read one report that were said he was one of the tp 5 overrated prospects in the country. His numbers will go down and strictly 4-3 LBs are not really in high demand anymore.

If Lindley turns into Leigh Bodden, I will be happy. Every CB gets beat. There are not many CBs who are going to completely shut down guys for an entire game.

Lindley is just a player who will allow us to be more aggressive in our blitz scheme because he can handle WRs one-on-one.

No CB on our roster except for maybe Owens even has that potential.

I just dont like Lindley, Hakim, but i do think that we can upgrade CB, my preference is with a Vet CB, however we get the Vet either via trade or FA. I wont hark on the non signing of Foxworth because i dont believe he was the answer.

I just dont like Lindley, Hakim, but i do think that we can upgrade CB, my preference is with a Vet CB, however we get the Vet either via trade or FA. I wont hark on the non signing of Foxworth because i dont believe he was the answer.

We all have our players who we do or don't like. I don't have no problem with that. I'm not a fan of Devin McCourty, but that is just me.

But Like i told you before, no smart team is going to let a good young CB go in FA. Especially considering that they can only be Restricted Free Agents.

Lindley is just a guy who can be left on an island in Man Coverage and allow for us to be more aggressive at blitzing. He is the best Man Coverage CB in the draft and I think he would fit in nicely.

Here is one scouting report for Lindley:

# Strengths:

#Solid height with room to gain weight

# Competitive

# Comfortable in press man coverage

# Sticks his man well

# Understands how to re-route receivers

# Will take on a block

# Wraps up well

# Great ball skills

# Good short area quickness

# Good recovery speed

# Playmaker

# Very instinctive; anticipates routes very well

# Durable

# Leader

# Has some upside

Weaknesses:

# Must gain more weight at the next level

# Ran a mediocre 40 time at 2008 Kentucky Pro Day (4.53)

# Timed speed might be questionable

# Gives up inside leverage occasionally

# Not very zone-aware

# Needs to jam receivers better on line of scrimmage

Summary: Lindley is a very talented player who makes plays, and he will gain the muscle mass he needs in the pros so that is not a big concern to me. What is a big concern is his potentially average timed speed because teams do value this highly at the cornerback position. Has No. 1 cornerback potential in NFL. Easily the best senior corner in the country and it probably isn't even close.

We all have our players who we do or don't like. I don't have no problem with that. I'm not a fan of Devin McCourty, but that is just me.

But Like i told you before, no smart team is going to let a good young CB go in FA. Especially considering that they can only be Restricted Free Agents.

Lindley is just a guy who can be left on an island in Man Coverage and allow for us to be more aggressive at blitzing. He is the best Man Coverage CB in the draft and I think he would fit in nicely.

What about Cromartie as Hawkeye has indicated. I will continue to try to watch him once he gets healty(concern LOL). You dont think you went a little overboard with the CB though.

Here is one scouting report for Lindley:

# Strengths:

#Solid height with room to gain weight

# Competitive

# Comfortable in press man coverage

# Sticks his man well

# Understands how to re-route receivers

# Will take on a block

# Wraps up well

# Great ball skills

# Good short area quickness

# Good recovery speed

# Playmaker

# Very instinctive; anticipates routes very well

# Durable

# Leader

# Has some upside

Weaknesses:

# Must gain more weight at the next level

# Ran a mediocre 40 time at 2008 Kentucky Pro Day (4.53)

# Timed speed might be questionable

# Gives up inside leverage occasionally

# Not very zone-aware

# Needs to jam receivers better on line of scrimmage

Summary: Lindley is a very talented player who makes plays, and he will gain the muscle mass he needs in the pros so that is not a big concern to me. What is a big concern is his potentially average timed speed because teams do value this highly at the cornerback position. Has No. 1 cornerback potential in NFL. Easily the best senior corner in the country and it probably isn't even close.

Zone awareness is a concern, we still play zone too, and not just man. The speed is a question mark too, a huge question make especially since TD is looking to speed on the outside. The info about his lack of strenght is a concern too as i already indicated in another thread.

What about Cromartie as Hawkeye has indicated. I will continue to try to watch him once he gets healty(concern LOL). You dont think you went a little overboard with the CB though.

Cromartie had one good year and has been mediocre ever since. I guess he may be an upgrade, but I don't see the Chargers just letting him go.

I would definitely be against signing him to a long-term deal.

Zone awareness is a concern, we still play zone too, and not just man. The speed is a question mark too, a huge question make especially since TD is looking to speed on the outside. The info about his lack of strenght is a concern too as i already indicated in another thread.

Zone awareness is a concern because Kentucky never plays zone. I'll admit that he doesn't have much experience doing it, but it doesn't mean that he can't. When a team plays 90% Man it is hard to say that a guy is not good in zone.

TD drafted Owens and he ran a 4.51 at the combine. A lot of players actually train to run the 40 and Lindley hasn't gone through all that yet. The difference between a faster 40 and a slower 40 is usually the start up. HE will probably work hard and run better at the combine.

It doesn't say he has a lack of strength. It just said he needs to get stronger...... like almost every prospect that enters the draft. That is not really a concern because an NFL weight program and diet will help

Yeah Houston really got abused moreso than Grimes, but i do think that Owens can be a starter for us along with a Draft pick or a FA CB. The biggest question is what we are going to do about NB, I just dont know about Chevis at NB, but hopefully he continues to improve as the year goes along.

This is just not true. Houston played bad but Miles Austin literally raped Grimes from the start of the game to the finish. Every time they threw it to Austin he seemed to be covered by Grimes. Over and over again they threw it to him and he was open enough to catch it every time. Grimes got absolutely worked today.

And Hakim I agree with you that the DL does not need as much work as CB does. With JA98 moving inside we now will have a good 4 man DT rotation which was one of my main concerns. Now I just want to draft a quality LE that can start for us eventually and rush the passer effectively.

CB we need at least 1 starter and depth, which is why I'm not entirely concerned with you taking 2 corners.

And I also agree that a very good RT would help us out a ton since Clabo is an ideal depth player that could step in and play at OG or RT in case of an injury, but I don't think he is much more than an above-average starter. I just don't know if I'd rather work on RT this year or a defensive position. I would probably prefer defense and Kyle Hix in round 1 next year.

This is just not true. Houston played bad but Miles Austin literally raped Grimes from the start of the game to the finish. Every time they threw it to Austin he seemed to be covered by Grimes. Over and over again they threw it to him and he was open enough to catch it every time. Grimes got absolutely worked today.

And Hakim I agree with you that the DL does not need as much work as CB does. With JA98 moving inside we now will have a good 4 man DT rotation which was one of my main concerns. Now I just want to draft a quality LE that can start for us eventually and rush the passer effectively.

CB we need at least 1 starter and depth, which is why I'm not entirely concerned with you taking 2 corners.

And I also agree that a very good RT would help us out a ton since Clabo is an ideal depth player that could step in and play at OG or RT in case of an injury, but I don't think he is much more than an above-average starter. I just don't know if I'd rather work on RT this year or a defensive position. I would probably prefer defense and Kyle Hix in round 1 next year.

Austin killed both Grimes and Houston equally yesterday, but over the Season grimes has played better than Houston and is a better CB than Houston IMO.

Like the draft, I suppose.

My problem is that you are vastly overpaying for a second rounder. Vastly. Coleman could likely net us a 3rd-4th by himself. He's shown he's a very solid starting FS for a 4-3 team. I don't think there's any doubt about that, and he has a very affordable contract.

I think we'd be MUCH better served to maybe make a separate trade for Coleman, and trade back from the first to acquire a second rounder.

I see you finally coming around, but I still don't think we need another LDE. I have been impressed with Anderson at both spots and he is really starting to be a force on our Line.

What really impressed me was that he was going up against a 360 lb OG in Leonard Davis and really holding his ground. I truly love him in this DT/DE role and I think he has been our most consistent D-Lineman all year.

I just don't think a LDE will have nearly the impact on our team that a good RT will. Our defense gave us plenty of opportunities to extend our early lead and our offense just could not get it done.

I think we had 3 straight drives stall out before Dallas took the lead. The defense has played well, but they are wearing down at the end of games because they are so tired.

A good RT would and a battle between both Clabo and Dahl at RG will give us a much better O-Line. C is still a huge need too imo.

We HAVE to start giving Ryan more time and Turner more holes to run through. If not, our offense is going to continue to shut down against relevant defenses.