I'm not as upset as everyone else but I just wonder...

cwell1

All these teams get all of these explosive young WR's in the middle of the draft yet we have Michael Jenkins starting for us with zero explosion, and that hurts us.Guys like Eddie Royal, Miles Austin, DeSean Jackson, it goes on and on. Yet Jenkins, our #2 can't beat one one one coverage to save his life or pick up extra yards after the reception with his legs. it's pitiful watching him after a catch. I know i'm not the only one watching every CB effortlessly stick with #12 like glue through every route

All these teams get all of these explosive young WR's in the middle of the draft yet we have Michael Jenkins starting for us with zero explosion, and that hurts us.Guys like Eddie Royal, Miles Austin, DeSean Jackson, it goes on and on. Yet Jenkins, our #2 can't beat one one one coverage to save his life or pick up extra yards after the reception with his legs. it's pitiful watching him after a catch. I know i'm not the only one watching every CB effortlessly stick with #12 like glue through every route

Yeah I gotta agree... he is a big disappointment... i kept wanting to give him more and more time to develop but it's been long enough and he just hasn't given us much of anything. Jenkins acts like he's just running in practice. He doesn't cut hard, and he doesn't even try to pull away from defenders. As for the other guys that teams manage to find... there's really a lot of luck to finding a solid receiver in the later rounds of the draft. Even when you do your homework on players out of college, it's still not a guarantee that they will perform well in the NFL. Austin looks solid so far this year, but I can't give him all the credit. Kansas City has a terrible secondary that can't cover receivers at all, and they miss tackles all over the field... kinda like the Falcons. So we really helped give Austin the kind of numbers he had today. I'm a huge Falcons fan, but does anyone remember the last time we had more than one or two solid tacklers on our defense?? It's pathetic.

Our guy like that is Harry Douglas, and the Falcons offense definitely misses him this year.

As Jenkins can't beat man coverage, they do need a receiver, but was just trying to point out HD would be out there a lot had he not gotten injured.

If we don't start to throw deep (or at least 20 yards downfield) it's all sort of irrelevant.

Our guy like that is Harry Douglas, and the Falcons offense definitely misses him this year.

As Jenkins can't beat man coverage, they do need a receiver, but was just trying to point out HD would be out there a lot had he not gotten injured.

If we don't start to throw deep (or at least 20 yards downfield) it's all sort of irrelevant.

This. Douglas will be a very good receiver for us when he gets back, too bad it's not this year when we need him.

Douglas is better than jenkins but i don't see him as that guy. he's just a slot guy to me. and we need more than 1 anyway

Douglas is better than jenkins but i don't see him as that guy. he's just a slot guy to me. and we need more than 1 anyway

Our other guy is roddy...a lot of it has to do with our line though, they can't hold up on 7-step drops and we never run out of shotgun packages w/o norwood so wthe d plays pass whenever we get in shotgun.

Our other guy is roddy...a lot of it has to do with our line though, they can't hold up on 7-step drops and we never run out of shotgun packages w/o norwood so wthe d plays pass whenever we get in shotgun.

most teams have more than 2 WR's lol

I think Weems could be the guy this year as a 3rd option. HD would have helped out tremendously but without him we have to put Finn in and he is not going to consistently beat coverage in the slot. Gonzo is helping but teams have learned how to defend him in our offense. Someone else has to step up.

We had two in Laurent Robinson and Harry Douglas... one was traded because we thought we didn't need him and then right after that, Harry Douglas goes out for the season. Now, we're stuck with what we have. I would like our offense to have a speed burner at WR to keep defenses honest.

he doesn't even HAVE to be a track star. I'd just like a guy that can beat man coverage and make plays after the catch. Jenkins can do neither and he's our starting WR. :(

I think Weems could be the guy this year as a 3rd option. HD would have helped out tremendously but without him we have to put Finn in and he is not going to consistently beat coverage in the slot. Gonzo is helping but teams have learned how to defend him in our offense. Someone else has to step up.

yeah I see potential in Weems to atleast be able to make a few plays here and there on offense

Yes, just a big body that can't beat coverage with stone hands.

the thing that's even worse is that he's a big body that doesn't use his big body. he's 6'4 and has never caught a jump ball or fade in his career. a 6'4 WR that runs a 4.38 should be dangerous but he's the exact opposite