Give Dallas some Credit Folks

falcndave

Some of our fans cry the loudest about how we don't get any respect. We say: "When we win, they just say the other team wasn't really that good"...and so on.

Today, the shoe is on the other foot. It is time we step up and give Dallas a little credit. Here is why I feel Dallas earned the win (as opposed to the Falcons giving it away).

1) The LoS was consistently won by Dallas on both sides of the ball.

2) Their offensive game play was spot on. Romo consistently recognized when we were blitzing and made us pay for rolling the dice. I didn't expect it from him, but he pulled it off and should get some credit.

3) They exploited known weaknesses. We have been VERY poor maintaining rush lane discipline. Romo was coached on this as was looking to hurt us scrambling anytime the middle of the field parted like the red sea.

4) They got after Ryan like no one has in two years.

5) The Falcons played well at various times on offense at times. It isn't like we got away from the run or Ryan was chunking the ball around without thought. We did okay, they just plain ole kicked our rears.

On the bright side:

1) It was a good test for us. Teams handle adversity one of two ways. They fold their tents or they refocus and advance. I have all the confidence in the world that we will look like we belong on the Field with the Saints. We will go into their house and hold our own. We may not win, but we will not embarrass ourselves. For long time Falcon's fans like me: This is not your father's coaching staff. This group of coaches is different. We will be prepared.

2) The team played hard until the bitter end. We didn't give up like SF did against us when things started going the wrong way.

Summary: Our short falling was more physical than mental. Dallas controlled the line of scrimmage plain and simple. All of our other downfalls stemmed from that fact.

Sometimes it isn't about how poorly you play. Sometimes it is about how well your opponent does.

Just give us some credit. You all would've expected me to come back here to "eat crow" had we lost. It's time for you to do the same. We won, fair-and-square. Dallas won even with all of those stupid penalties. The biggest obstacle in Dallas' way is Dallas.

Notice I didn't say: "Give the Dallas fans some credit." :)

Just give us some credit. You all would've expected me to come back here to "eat crow" had we lost. It's time for you to do the same. We won, fair-and-square. Dallas won even with all of those stupid penalties. The biggest obstacle in Dallas' way is Dallas.

I doubt seriously you would have been back had the Cowturds lost. Here is your respect for them: Your team was lucky.

I can't agree with you falcndave...

I said this during the game...I don't mind losing if the other team is just the better team, but our OL played horrible, receivers were dropping passes, and our pass coverage gave up a lot of big plays just to name a few. We kept the game close in the beginning, but eventually beat ourselves which reminds me of old Falcon football. I refuse to believe that this team is anything like that, so the only credit I give Dallas is for taking advantage of our mistakes. They did a good job of capitalizing.

I think you guys played your best game of the season and played very well. I do think there were a few flags/non-flags that were bogus but at the end of the day you guys won the important battles and did so consistently.

Good game.

Cowboys won fair and square. I don't have a problem with that. Congrats.

I can't agree with you falcndave...

I said this during the game...I don't mind losing if the other team is just the better team, but our OL played horrible, receivers were dropping passes, and our pass coverage gave up a lot of big plays just to name a few. We kept the game close in the beginning, but eventually beat ourselves which reminds me of old Falcon football. I refuse to believe that this team is anything like that, so the only credit I give Dallas is for taking advantage of our mistakes. They did a good job of capitalizing.

And Dallas didn't have any mistakes. Penalties galore. They still overcame. Our receivers, Williams mostly, dropped passes. Felix Jones fumbled a ball.

Don't sit here and act as if Dallas played perfectly.

And Dallas didn't have any mistakes. Penalties galore. They still overcame. Our receivers, Williams mostly, dropped passes. Felix Jones fumbled a ball.

Don't sit here and act as if Dallas played perfectly.

You had the better team today, AT. Do you have the better team period? The season is still relatively young. Might see you in the play offs. We're both 4-2.;)

Nothing against Romo, but even when a quarterback does recognize the blitz, he still can't do anything about it if there is noone to throw to. Let's face it... our defense is terrible, and when we blitzed we always left at least one receiver wide-open, and it's really easy to hit them when there are no defenders around. I agree that Dallas did a great job getting pressure on us. Dallas has a really good D-line, even with the loss of Ellis, and we did well to get out of there with only 3 sacks. As for the secondary of the Cowboys, I think that they did a decent job containing our receivers, but I also think that they got away with more than one interference, and more than one personal foul. Now considering the margin of victory, I seriously doubt those plays would have lead to the Falcons winning the game, but I would like to know that we are getting a fair chance by the officials, but maybe that's just me being a sore loser. I think the biggest problem for us was our defensive line. It's absolutely pathetic to have 4 DLs with their hands on Romo and not get him down. And even worse, it ended up a TD. We have not been able to put pressure on QBs at all this year, and it's making it even harder on a secondary that never played that well to begin with, and now we're having to battle without Williams on the outside. It's just a disaster on defense. Last year John Abraham had 16.5 sacks, but then we released Grady Jackson and now we don't have to big body in the middle to eat up space, and big plays are resulting.

You had the better team today, AT. Do you have the better team period? The season is still relatively young. Might see you in the play offs. We're both 4-2.;)

I hope we do meet in the playoffs.

Don't try to minimize Dallas' victory by claiming it's because the Falcons didn't play well. The Falcons didn't play well because Dallas came to play.

Don't try to minimize Dallas' victory by claiming it's because the Falcons didn't play well. The Falcons didn't play well because Dallas came to play.

I'm not minimizing it, dude. Y'all beat our pants off today. I didn't claim we didn't play well. I don't have to. Everyone saw it. We stunk it up for the most part.

Falcons fans around the world are wondering what's happened to our running game. Not just from today, but from all season thus far for the most part.

Where'd it go?:unsure:

You're absolutely right, and the Cowboys deserve all the credit for playing well. Your D-Line won you the game IMO. I'm impressed.