Fire Mike Smith

The man has cost the team two chances. I won't say he cost the Falcons two games because that wouldn't be fair to anybody. So basically by not going for it on 4th and 2, he punts it and the Cowboys run it back for a score. Wasn't the Falcons IDENTITY supposed to be the offense? Disregard the the touchdown though....the Falcons were down 13 points which is two touchdowns and the tired Falcons defense couldn't stop the Cowboys since the first half. Smith punts???? Really??? Does Mike Smith not understand the flow of the game?? Mike Smith already wasted one timeout at the beginning of the half and he punts it?????? I cannot fathom how stupid this man is. He is what Bobby Cox is, and that is a good motivator and terrible in game manager. I understand he is a defensive minded coach, but grow a pair! This has already happened once in the New England game and he does it AGAIN. So basically the Falcons will finish the year 9-7, which is good considering the history of the team and all will be happy go lucky in Falcons land. Mike Smith has Bobby Cox written all over him.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is: If we had gone for it on the 4th and 2, and messed up. You would of still been calling for his head saying he made a bad call.

Not true. If he went for it and missed it then the game is over anyway. Basically what Mike Smith was saying is that he trusts the Falcons D to get a 3 and out more than he trusts Ryan to Gonzalez or whoever for 2 yards.

The man has cost the team two chances. I won't say he cost the Falcons two games because that wouldn't be fair to anybody. So basically by not going for it on 4th and 2, he punts it and the Cowboys run it back for a score. Wasn't the Falcons IDENTITY supposed to be the offense? Disregard the the touchdown though....the Falcons were down 13 points which is two touchdowns and the tired Falcons defense couldn't stop the Cowboys since the first half. Smith punts???? Really??? Does Mike Smith not understand the flow of the game?? Mike Smith already wasted one timeout at the beginning of the half and he punts it?????? I cannot fathom how stupid this man is. He is what Bobby Cox is, and that is a good motivator and terrible in game manager. I understand he is a defensive minded coach, but grow a pair! This has already happened once in the New England game and he does it AGAIN. So basically the Falcons will finish the year 9-7, which is good considering the history of the team and all will be happy go lucky in Falcons land. Mike Smith has Bobby Cox written all over him.

I always knew you were an idiot by your avatar....you always confirm it too.

I was pi$$ed too. He does some bone head sh*t you would never see a Bill Bellichick do.

We never win when we coach or play scared. But, wthell planet are you from? If we finish 9-7 or better we have taken the next step. Never winning back to back seasons is embarrassing and all long time Falcon fans will love it if we get rid of that tag. Any thing else will be gravy. Do you really think we have enough talent to do more than that? If so, you have little football knowledge or common sense. We are getting it done on D by smoke and mirrors and brilliance by BVG. Our offense is regressing big time. That more than anything needs addressing ASAP.

Edited by nosweatboyz

WTH are u talking about!!!

I always knew you were an idiot by your avatar....you always confirm it too.

I was pi$$ed too. He does some bone head sh*t you would never see a Bill Bellichick do.

We never win when we coach or play scared. But, wthell planet are you from? If we finish 9-7 or better we have taken the next step. Never winning back to back seasons is embarrassing and all long time Falcon fans will love it if we get rid of that tag. Any thing else will be gravy. Do you really think we have enough talent to do more than that? If so, you have little football knowledge or common sense. We are getting it done on D by smoke and mirrors and brilliance by BVG. Our offense is regressing big time. That more than anything needs addressing ASAP.

I UNDERSTAND THAT THE TEAM IS GETTING IT DONE WITH SMOKE AND MIRRORS WHICH IS WHY I AM CRITICIZING HIM FOR NOT SALVAGING THE ONE CHANCE HE HAS AT GETTING BACK IN THE GAME. Do you understand now or should I type the rest of the post in caps?

Besides, even if the Falcons did have better players and the situation was the same, Mike Smith would still make the same pu$$y calls.

Edited by Fire_Mike_Smith

I heard it all now. People like this make our fan base an absolute joke.

You mean proposing an idea that will obviously never happen? I know he won't be fired regardless of what happens this season, but I'm trying to get my point across that he is not a smart head coach. I'm not saying he's a bad or dumb coach but he just doesn't have what it takes to push the team towards a Super Bowl title.

He doesn't need to be fired, but he should feel like an *** for not going for it. Ryan wanted to go for it and as soon as he saw Crayton break free, you know Smitty was thinking it too. ...and Ryan.

He showed a lack of faith in his offense. He was saying we can't get these two yards and he did a similar thing in New England. Maybe they couldn't get the yards, but they could at least lose knowing they gave it their all.

That's a pretty good idea. Fire the coach who turned around a franchise in turmoil. Fire a coach who is 15-7 so far in his career. Fire the guy who everyone praises week in a week out. Fire him. Fire him because our punt team gave up a TD. I agree with this...

Jump in a lake.

At night.

Wearing armor.

... it would make the world a better place.

That's a pretty good idea. Fire the coach who turned around a franchise in turmoil. Fire a coach who is 15-7 so far in his career. Fire the guy who everyone praises week in a week out. Fire him. Fire him because our punt team gave up a TD. I agree with this...

... it would make the world a better place.

They also praise Bobby Cox and he has one fluke World Series title due to 3 aces. People also praised Jim Mora Jr. as well. I obviously know Smith won't be fired or considered to be, but I'm merely saying what people will be saying in a few years. There's a time to be aggressive and a time to be conservative and Smith obviously doesn't know when is when.