why do we run so many crossing routes

wook21

Why do we only run to the first down markers or try out patterns as our main routes. we have a te that can stretch the field but we only send him for a three yard crossing pattern. Dallas killed us today exposing our patternless offense. we don't try deep shots when we have a first down. I'm thinking that the lack of options of routes is hurting matt badly and it has shown the last two games, his ints have gone up and where he is trying to fit the ball in the receivers are double covered. I hope we fix this soon because we can't afford to regress at this point in the season.

Why do we only run to the first down markers or try out patterns as our main routes. we have a te that can stretch the field but we only send him for a three yard crossing pattern. Dallas killed us today exposing our patternless offense. we don't try deep shots when we have a first down. I'm thinking that the lack of options of routes is hurting matt badly and it has shown the last two games, his ints have gone up and where he is trying to fit the ball in the receivers are double covered. I hope we fix this soon because we can't afford to regress at this point in the season.

made a thread similiar to this....tired of seeing the same routes. Curls, slants (good on 3rd downs), flats, lets put some FLY in there

you have got to have the protection to run longer routes. As shown today whenever Ryan takes a 7 step drop he was hit. Part of the problem is the Oline. We just are not getting good protection against better teams. This was evident last week and this week Dallas really took what they saw on Film and exploited it.

I totally agree we need to stretch the field. It will only help, but the recievers need an opportunity to get behind the CB's and we just are not protecting long enough.