get a grip, folks, it's not the end of the world

Falcons are 4-2, having lost road games to teams that are 5-2 and 4-2. the losses have included ugly second half performances, but it's not like this team is suddenly Washington.

reasonable fans know what the deal is: the 2nd year of a plan to build this team into a REAL contender for Super Bowls. the team is still 1-2 drafts away from having the talent it needs on D and OL depth to be where it wants to be.

so far, the offense has underperformed, the defense has exceeded expectations (in terms of points allowed). in order to succeed this season, the Falcons were going to need to win some ugly games and avoid injuries. the #1 pick was lost for the season.

4-2, with 5 home games left.

a 9-7 season would be unprecedented in the history of the franchise. think about that before posting silliness.

10-6 and a playoff berth would be a HUGE step in the right direction. and that is still most definitely possible.

Great post! Puts everything into perspective. I understand people are going to be mad and saying things without thinking. Believe me I am mad that I just watched a Falcons team throw the towel in. That is the toughest thing about today's loss: seeing the posture and expressions of Falcons players when they were down. I cannot wait for Monday to get here. Rivalry games you never know what can happen. The Falcons still have a chance to make a statement. Win next week and they will be given respect again.

Thing is, this game, NE, and even the Bears have pointed out some really big weaknesses this team has. About the only thing that has gotten better over that period is the run defense. Just about everything else has looked bad-to-average at best. Yes, we are 4-2...but we have some major problems. Our offense is nowhere near what it should be (on paper anyway), our secondary is in bad shape (especially the CBs), we all of a sudden cannot tackle, our special teams are starting to give up good returns, we aren't having enough explosive plays on offense, we cannot take down the QB, our O Line is not pass protecting very well (despite the # of sacks), Ryan has about 2 seconds to throw, and our running game (outside of a good effort from Snelling today) is terrible. All these things are FACTS, and until we improve in some major ways, we will struggle.

It is what it is. Some things will need to be fixed with a change in personnel, others can be coached up. However, this team needs to make some major strides if it wants to survive the rough 5 game stretch we have coming up.

Falcons are 4-2, having lost road games to teams that are 5-2 and 4-2. the losses have included ugly second half performances, but it's not like this team is suddenly Washington.

reasonable fans know what the deal is: the 2nd year of a plan to build this team into a REAL contender for Super Bowls. the team is still 1-2 drafts away from having the talent it needs on D and OL depth to be where it wants to be.

so far, the offense has underperformed, the defense has exceeded expectations (in terms of points allowed). in order to succeed this season, the Falcons were going to need to win some ugly games and avoid injuries. the #1 pick was lost for the season.

a 9-7 season would be unprecedented in the history of the franchise. think about that before posting silliness.

10-6 and a playoff berth would be a HUGE step in the right direction. and that is still most definitely possible.

Your right just one game. Plus it was to a team coming off a bye.

This board gets like this every time we lose a game. Fire this coach or that coach, point a finger at this player or that player. People just lose all perspective.

Much as I hate Dallas, you have to give them credit. They came to play and we obviously didn't.

No road game is easy in the NFL and I'd wager that our two losses on the road are right up there with the toughest places to play in the league.

Having watched this team almost religiously since 1968, I have a different perspective I guess. I can't tell you how many awful seasons I endured when I would have given anything to be 4-2 after 6 games.

Besides, one of the few good points the network announcers made was that even though our schedule is tough here in the middle with a lot of road games, we are also at home a lot to close out the year. We will be fine.

Let the bandwagoners run around like chicken little yelling the sky is falling if they want. It will die down in a few days.

i think everyones just frustrated about the lose and thought we should have had this game i know im very pissed about this . especially because brooking was acting like a **** and shoving it in i just hope we see them in the wild card tho so we can send there *** packing then kick brooking in the ******* face on the way home . but anyways the rest of the schedule goes in our favor i think we can win all of these next game i think the dolphins exposed the way the saints play and i personally think that we can beat the saints twice so lets just not think our season is over based on this game boys keep your head up and have faith in matty ice :D

the Saints will most likely win next Monday night. there are no polls in the NFL, so it's irrelevant whether it's a 1 point or 30 point loss.

the Falcons offense is the key to the rest of the season. the D has played better than should've been expected. finding some semblance of a running game and Ryan being more accurate is what is needed.

Falcons don't have to beat New Orleans in NO. they need to win 6-7 home games and 3-4 road games. beating the Saints next Monday night would be a HUGE plus.