Turner is FAT and SLOW

Fat boy has to ride the pine and let Snelling start some games.

He is slow to the hole, has lost his breakaway speed and is not effective outside the 10 yard line.

It has NOTHING to do with the carries he had last year but rather the amount of TWINKIES he ate in the offseason.

Enough of the 1 yard runs!!

I agree, I have been hoping he'll pop loose soon. But this game really, really showed how slow he was. Snelling looked like he was in fast forward after I got used to seeing Turner.

Exactly, and Snelling aint no Barry Sanders.

Serious issues with Turner and while I wish he could turn it around, we have to move to what works....Turner isnt working.

He is slow to the hole, has lost his breakaway speed and is not effective outside the 10 yard line.

It has NOTHING to do with the carries he had last year but rather the amount of TWINKIES he ate in the offseason.

120% agree. turner is getting worse.....bench him i say start snelling

If you had told me at the end of last year that I would want turner out of the game, I would have thought you were crazy. But snelling should replace him. I'm sick to death of seeing him constantly getting nothing on the ground. It's usually 2 yard gain, 2 yard loss..sucks.

If you had told me at the end of last year that I would want turner out of the game, I would have thought you were crazy. But snelling should replace him. I'm sick to death of seeing him constantly getting nothing on the ground. It's usually 2 yard gain, 2 yard loss..sucks.

Don't give up on the guy that carried you last year just yet. This is a view from an outsider.

Snelling isn't exactly a small guy either. It would be a shame to see your fanbase go from loving Turner's emergence last year to turning on him by week 6 (especially when he's had a couple decent games this year).

Hopefully this is the sting of a loss speaking with these threads.

I agree, but I will say this "He keeps trying to run the corners" and he fails every time. The play calling hasn't helped either, I mean the FALCONS have been almost an automatic hand off to turner on 1st down every time. Somethings got to change. It's time to give Snelling more playing time, and stop calling "RUN THE CORNERS PLAYS" on every 1st down.

The OL might not be elite but they dont seem to have the same problems when either Snelling or Norwood are in the game.

Snelling is a bruiser, and Norwood is a speedster, while Turner is balanced.Snelling and Norwood are not Starting material, if we want the running game to keep going, we need lineman that actually can block someone, a thing that neither McClure nor Dahl can do.

Snelling is a bruiser, and Norwood is a speedster, while Turner is balanced.Snelling and Norwood are not Starting material, if we want the running game to keep going, we need lineman that actually can block someone, a thing that neither McClure nor Dahl can do.

So explain to me why Turner gets hit for constant 2 yard losses yet Snelling hit holes quicker and gains positive yardage?

Listen, Im not anti-Turner, Im PRO positive yardage.

Right now Turner is not getting it done....this isnt one bad game, this is several games where he cannot hit the holes and make positive gains.

As soon as someone else is put in, the positive yards come via the ground game.

We have to put aside contracts and egos and put in whomever gets the job done.

Right now that isnt #33.

So explain to me why Turner gets hit for constant 2 yard losses yet Snelling hit holes quicker and gains positive yardage?

Listen, Im not anti-Turner, Im PRO positive yardage.

Right now Turner is not getting it done....this isnt one bad game, this is several games where he cannot hit the holes and make positive gains.

As soon as someone else is put in, the positive yards come via the ground game.

We have to put aside contracts and egos and put in whomever gets the job done.

Right now that isnt #33.

+1

I'll admit that Turner has not been very good, but look at the play calling.

3 TEs and 1 WR on 1st down..... EVERYBODY knows a run is coming. I blame Turner AND Mike Mularkey for calling such predictable plays. The O-Line is also very suspect.

It is a combination of the Line, Turner, and the play calling that is causing these terrible outings.

Turner definitely is slow to hit the hole, but he is not the only one to blame.

I find this to be true as well. Maybe its because we are facing much better competition then we did last year, but there are times where I thought Turner might be able to break it away, but it just doesn't end up happening. He seems to have lost the explosion through the hole that he used to have (there are also less holes though). And you can even see the difference when Snelling and Norwood are in the game; they look noticeably quicker (Of course Norwood is faster than Turner, but you couldn't tell as much last year).

Turner and this rushing offense is what is holding this offense back. We need to get the run game going a bit in order to stretch defenses vertically - this is true of any team, unless your QB is Manning, Brady, or Brees. I don't know where online coaches come in thinking that the lack of explosive plays is because we don't have enough vertical passing plays. Not only was our run game not garnering enough respect, but the pass blocking was exposed to a surging Dallas pass rushing unit (they had 10 sacks in the 3 games before our game today). When theres no time for deep routes to develop or a run game for the opposing defense to commit to, how the **** are we going to be stretching the field vertically? They will shut everything down. I still like Mularkey's commitment to the run because he realizes this.

Matt Ryan has been compared to Peyton Manning and had huge expectations, but we have to pace ourselves and be patient - Manning didn't become as good as he is instantly. Despite 5 interceptions in the last 3 games, Matt Ryan is on pace to have these stats:

62.8%, 3630 yards, 29 TDs, 16 interceptions.

Here are Peyton Manning's 2nd year stats:

62.1%, 4135 yards, 26 TDs, 15 interceptions.

He may still be on his way.

I am convinced Turner is hurt and the team is hiding it. He he not explosive at compared to last year. Even when he has clear running lane he just can't get to the second level.

Turner has a minor pec injury from the Bears game but is otherwise healthy and has been all year. The problem, as noted by a previous poster, is Twinkies.

I agree 1000%!!!!

Anyone who can't see this is f#cking BLIND!!! He became TOO comfortable in the off season. He MUST have a garbage azz "stunt double" standing in for him or something because I have NO IDEA who the **** this guy is!!!