Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL FALCONS-COWBOYS IN-GAME THREAD

2,924 posts in this topic

This was a game we needed to play perfectly, with the circumstances

A good Dallas team

@ home

coming off a bye

in a game they needed more then we did, it was a big game for us but it was a HUGE game for them.

The positive thing is the fact our Run defense was much better for most of he game, in terms of run defense our much smaller D-line more often then not beat a MUCH bigger more physical O line, Dallas's running backs did nothing.

The falcons have not lost back to back games since Mike Smith has been head coach.

The truth is, the offense looked good against San Franciso. Other than that it's looked very pedestrian all season.

This team is not going very far untill the offense leaves up to the HYPE.

I can't figure out why they kept trying Turner when Snelling was actually busting out. The play calls sucked and the D just fell apart in the last two quarters. We need CB's who can make a play with out holding on for dear life. Matty got rattled after getting hit and never recovered from it. Just a complete and total meltdown on both sides of the ball, And on the sidelines.

Mularky was afraid someone was going to offer him a head coaching job

9-7 will not make the playoffs this year. Will need double digit wins

Well we should beat the Panthers, TB twice, and Washington. The key games will be the Eagles, the Jets, and the Bills. Win two of those key games (and the aforementioned of course) and we're 10-6. But we can not afford any more injuries.

As good as this team is if we don't start running the football with some success we won't go far.

So true, for just about any team that wants to win in the playoffs, let alone get to them.

OK, off the boards for a week, cannot deal with this place after a loss. Have a good week Falcons fans.

There DT always jumps offsides and gets away with it in wildcard games *cough*

Well if you read this thread you'd think everyone cheats but the Falcons lol.

Um....I thought NE was supposed to have done that

FOR REAL!!!! A REAL NFL team does not need a wake up call!! They know to bring it every week!!!

First off, I will remove all doubt; yes, I am a Cowboys fan.

However, my appearance here is for a genuine reason; to see what Falcons fans thoughts were on these two teams and the game.

Honestly, the Falcons scared the **** outta me going into this week for several reasons.

One was Ryan. I know he tends to fly under the radar, but trust me, that's not always a bad thing.

Granted, I am not educated greatly on Falcon football, but from what I have seen, seems like Ryan is a good prospect.

Turner of course is always a threat and Snelling too is promising.

Falcons seem to be similar to the Cowboys in the sense that the potential is there, but on differing levels, coaching issues hamstring us and as I said, Im not familiar with the concerns Falcon fans have with their team.

Another reason was that this game was huge for us.

The way the first drive went, it was rather unsettling and as the game went on, it stayed competitive despite a vacant rushing game for both teams. Only late in the game did a few good plays by Dallas and a few bad decisions by Atlanta end up shaping the outcome.

I browsed this thread and I thought I would let you in on perspective from another teams fan; Nobody likes Collinsworth apparently.

I found it interesting about the Aikman comments because many Cowboys fans feel he tends to go out of his way to insert jabs at our team. Although we know he cant, nor would we expect him to show favoritism, sometimes it's as if he feels he needs to make certain negative comments.

Witten gets a lot of attention, and he should. He is a top TE in the league. The best? How can you declare someone the best? Collectively, we do acknowledge Gonzalez as template for todays complete tight ends. Those that catch, block, run routes and lead like few others.

Take it from fans that know turmoil, this game was not the end all for Atlanta. Your team did not play awful, just failed to execute in a few key situations and the good news is that can be corrected.

Good luck vs the Saints.

First off, I will remove all doubt; yes, I am a Cowboys fan.

However, my appearance here is for a genuine reason; to see what Falcons fans thoughts were on these two teams and the game.

Honestly, the Falcons scared the **** outta me going into this week for several reasons.

One was Ryan. I know he tends to fly under the radar, but trust me, that's not always a bad thing.

Granted, I am not educated greatly on Falcon football, but from what I have seen, seems like Ryan is a good prospect.

Turner of course is always a threat and Snelling too is promising.

Falcons seem to be similar to the Cowboys in the sense that the potential is there, but on differing levels, coaching issues hamstring us and as I said, Im not familiar with the concerns Falcon fans have with their team.

Another reason was that this game was huge for us.

The way the first drive went, it was rather unsettling and as the game went on, it stayed competitive despite a vacant rushing game for both teams. Only late in the game did a few good plays by Dallas and a few bad decisions by Atlanta end up shaping the outcome.

I browsed this thread and I thought I would let you in on perspective from another teams fan; Nobody likes Collinsworth apparently.

I found it interesting about the Aikman comments because many Cowboys fans feel he tends to go out of his way to insert jabs at our team. Although we know he cant, nor would we expect him to show favoritism, sometimes it's as if he feels he needs to make certain negative comments.

Witten gets a lot of attention, and he should. He is a top TE in the league. The best? How can you declare someone the best? Collectively, we do acknowledge Gonzalez as template for todays complete tight ends. Those that catch, block, run routes and lead like few others.

Take it from fans that know turmoil, this game was not the end all for Atlanta. Your team did not play awful, just failed to execute in a few key situations and the good news is that can be corrected.

Good luck vs the Saints.

Nice post, You're not a knuckle head like some.