Anyone think/hopes Koenen will hit the scoreboard?

SkySorrOW

I definitely hope he does not hit it. If he does hit it, the play is a "do over", which means our special teams have to execute the punt coverage on two plays in a row. That's no fun for a special teams, and they don't run down there as hard the second time. So, I hope that doesn't happen.

I definitely hope he does not hit it. If he does hit it, the play is a "do over", which means our special teams have to execute the punt coverage on two plays in a row. That's no fun for a special teams, and they don't run down there as hard the second time. So, I hope that doesn't happen.

Exactly. Koenan hitting the scoreboard would be an advantage for Dallas over our special teams.

If you are trying to kick long punts, you try to kick at a 45 degree angle and that will not get the ball high enough to hit the screen.

For short punts you have 2 options kick the ball at a lower angle ie 30 degrees or kick the ball at a high angle say 60 degrees. Either gives the same range on the punt.

Only the high angle punt has the chance to hit the screen. It is also the punt that "hangs" the longest and gives your defenders more time to get down field. So if the Falcons have to kick short punts there may be a chance. It will all depend on field position when the short punts are made.

Edited by delaigle