Can Snelling play better than Norwood?

real_fan

I am really upset that Norwood keeps getting hurt. I hope we can get a one two punch today on the ground. The number one punch needs to get some holes to run through today. Game depends on the run game and a miracle on Defense. Dline pressure is must today. Lets go Turner.

I am really upset that Norwood keeps getting hurt. I hope we can get a one two punch today on the ground. The number one punch needs to get some holes to run through today. Game depends on the run game and a miracle on Defense. Dline pressure is must today. Lets go Turner.

I haven't seen many long gainers this season, but Turner still has a nose for that endzone to get six.

That remains to be seen. I for one like Snelling and think that he will be an awesome back for us. That being said, he is not the explosive back that Norwood is. Norwood's speed and explosiveness in the open field is unreal!!!

i think he's a valuable back. But he's very much like turner minus the long speed. Like you said we lack explosiveness with strictly Snelling as Turner's compliment.

When healthy, Norwood is better than Snelling. The problem is that qualifier "when healthy" There are plenty of people that never made it to the NFL due to injuries that were better players than the ones that 'survived.' Tyrone Prothro of Alabama was an incredible receiver, but after he broke his leg in 20 places, he lost his shot at the NFL. Robert Edwards from UGA goes to the Pats and makes the pro-bowl, then explodes his knee in beach flag football and had 1 comeback year as a backup and was never the same and was done.

This is also a lesson in having quality depth so guys can step up when necessary to keep the team going.

Rushing Stats

Player No Yds Avg Long TD

Michael Turner 100 353 3.5 33 6

Jerious Norwood 19 78 4.1 14 0

Jason Snelling 12 54 4.5 20 0

Receiving Stats

Player No Yds Avg Long TD

Jason Snelling 10 90 9.0 21 1

Marty Booker 4 59 14.8 27 0

Jerious Norwood 8 55 6.9 12 0

How do you define "better player"

Norwood is faster than Snelling

Norwood can run the "wild cat" better than Snelling

Snelling is a better power runner than Norwood

Snelling is a better blocker than than Norwood

Snelling can play Full Back better than Norwood

They both catch the ball equally well coming out of the backfield.

so just what do you mean by "better player"?

Love Norwood. Always have. But I'm afraid I'm about to throw the towel in on him. I think he really adds another dynamic to the offense, I just think Snelling is starting to pass him as a better overall player and that's not even factoring in injuries. I absolutely love Snelling. What a 7th round pick!

Snelling is good at every aspect of the running back position. Not as strong as Turner or fast as Norwood but overall he is really good and consistent. His blocking and hands are also above average.

I think like Dallas we have 3 real nice backs and it will be nice to have Jerious back.

yep, Snelling is definately playing harder than Turner

yea whats going on with turner this year? i havnt seen him explode out of a gap yet. i see everyother back running his heart out and i havnt seen turner run nearly as fast as he did last year. hes going down on the first hit every time