Our shutdown CB is already here

hawkeye

I don't think there is one in the draft/FA. TD scouted Owens for 2 years for a reason. He saw the potential he

had to be one of the best. Owens is smart and has a good work ethic. He is good against the run, fast, good ball

skills, and once he really learns our system without thinking and just go out and play, he will be our #1 CB.

Even in pre-season when he got beat he still had tight coverage on the WR. I'm happy he gets to watch and learn

his first year b/c next year he will be ready to take over.(like DeCoud) TD has found our shutdown CB in C.O.

I don't think there is one in the draft/FA. TD scouted Owens for 2 years for a reason. He saw the potential he

had to be one of the best. Owens is smart and has a good work ethic. He is good against the run, fast, good ball

skills, and once he really learns our system without thinking and just go out and play, he will be our #1 CB.

Even in pre-season when he got beat he still had tight coverage on the WR. I'm happy he gets to watch and learn

his first year b/c next year he will be ready to take over.(like DeCoud) TD has found our shutdown CB in C.O.

You could be right. I still think Chevis Jackson has a lot to offer this team, he's smart, physical and not as slow as people might think. Have good ball skills as well. I think Chevis and Owens are our future.

You could be right. I still think Chevis Jackson has a lot to offer this team, he's smart, physical and not as slow as people might think. Have good ball skills as well. I think Chevis and Owens are our future.

I'm with you on Chevis. I love Chevis and have no problem with him. I'm happy to see him back.

I'm with you on Chevis. I love Chevis and have no problem with him. I'm happy to see him back.

I hope Chris Owens develops into a impact player for us but his measureables are very similiar to Brent Grimes.

Owens is 5'9 180 lbs which puts him at a disadvantage matching up against tall wideouts.

man I miss our wolverine of a cb, brian williams.

He might've got flack from some arm chair GMS here on the board, but the guy was fearless breaking up passes to moss, and olsen, and saving a TD in the san fran game with a tackle. Not to mention he had 2 turnovers to his credit.

we need to draft a CB like him, he was stupid awesome.

Edited by osiruz

I hope you are right but as of right now......your comments are premature as these guys have not been shutting anyone down thus far......in time, maybe.......but no way you can say they are an NFL shutdown corner at this juncture.

I hope they develop into that and the opportunity is there, but lets not get jaded by their jersey. Tomorrow will be a great test for our secondary.

man I miss our wolverine of a cb, brian williams.

He might've got flack from some arm chair GMS here on the board, but the guy was fearless breaking up passes to moss, and olsen, and saving a TD in the san fran game with a tackle. Not to mention he had 2 turnovers to his credit.

we need to draft a CB like him, he was stupid awesome.

No doubt B. Dub was playing very good ball for us, I hope he's back next year, hopefully he doesn't HAVE to be a starter next year. I like the toughness and leadership he brings, just like Peterson.

Mike Smith is one of those guys that I'm sure helped bring that out in the both of them, I know he can do the same for the young guys on this team as well.

Man, people made fun of me on here when I mentioned Williams a guy to look into a few years back (when he was leaving Minny and prior to him landing in Jax). Sadly, his playing days are probably over. He's like Keion Carpenter part 2.. a guy most people wouldn't think of as solid, but the guy makes plays for us just to get hurt and end his career.

Edited by k-train

B.S. he was a beast in Minny, but people said it was the system, not the player.

lol, I have no idea what you are even talking about really... I just wanted to **** with you. (no homo) ...Of course, most people on here want to sign almost every free agent, so you're bound to get one right. Did you want Hartwell as well?

lol, I have no idea what you are even talking about really... I just wanted to **** with you. (no homo) ...Of course, most people on here want to sign almost every free agent, so you're bound to get one right. Did you want Hartwell as well?

No, I normally avoid that mess. However, something told me Williams was gonna be solid... but I agree, he probably wouldn't have turned out to be quite same kinda player had he never played for Smitty.

i think owens will be good. he's the same height as antoine winfield and 1 inch shorter than asante samuel. the thing about owens is that even though he's small he plays big. he doesn't get thrown around in the run game and i doubt many WRs would outmuscle him.

and yeah he hasn't played this year but i think that has more to do with him being from a small school so it will take him a little bit longer to get ready...but when he's ready i think he'll be good. asante samuel didn't play his rookie season either and he was from a smaller school (UCF). it took him until his 4th season before he had a breakout year i think. same for aso. it wasn't until 06 that he had a really good year.