Somebody please beat Iowa

GATECHfan

Even if they go undefeated chances are they wont get in the NC game and will be destroyed by USC..why allow humiliation on a small scale?

they've won every game they've played, but i still think its a sham saying theyre the 5th or 6th best team in the nation. i want them to go back down to earth much like auburn has in recent weeks and vanderbilt last year.

I want them to go undefeated along with Boise State or Cinci. and have 2 of those 3 in the title game.

I'd love to see all 3 undefeated, & everybody else with 1 loss at least & see the NCAA/BCS explain their way out of having 3 undefeated teams ranked that high NOT in the NC championship game that has 2, 1 loss teams in it. An undefeated Iowa might get in if UF, UT, & Ala all have 1 loss, but I don't think either of the other 2 teams would & that would be BCS.

Even if they go undefeated chances are they wont get in the NC game and will be destroyed by USC..why allow humiliation on a small scale?

I think they will. Just like PSU last year (until they lost to...Iowa). They'll put an undefeated Big Ten team in there over Boise State for sure.

I disagree. If iowa wins out they have enough quality opponents where no one can argue a 1 loss sec or big 12 team should be ahead of them. I don't see an undefeated team leaving the sec and i don't see texas going undefeated either. IMO if iowa wins out they will be in the title game. Listen bcs conference guys can argue against utah, boise state, and tcu even, but they can't argue with an undefeated big 10 team who goes undefeated getting into the title game.

Iowa is indeed the most luckiest team i have ever seen in my life. almost every team in the top 25 can beat iowa IMO

Man i hate Ohio State, but I hope they blow Iowa out. Iowa is not that good.

i agree with both of you. IMO Iowa isn't that good. they've won games, yes, but at no point have i thought 'this looks like a solid, top 10 team'

Its pretty much assumed there will be an unbeaten SEC team at the end of the season, and i dont see Texas losing to a Dez Bryantless Okie State or anyone in the North i mean whos going to stop them? Kansas State..er no

That alone assures no NC for Iowa

I'm not as confident that there will be an unbeaten SEC team at the end of the year. Alabama has LSU coming up and they will once again have to rely heavily on their defense to win that game. Florida plays UGA this weekend and just has not looked like themselves on offense. I think both Alabama and Florida are great teams but I just have a feeling both of them are going to drop a game. I just hope Florida's isn't this weekend. I think Iowa is going to lose to Ohio State. Texas has the easy road for the rest of the season.

Edited by Jay Posey

Its pretty much assumed there will be an unbeaten SEC team at the end of the season, and i dont see Texas losing to a Dez Bryantless Okie State or anyone in the North i mean whos going to stop them? Kansas State..er no

That alone assures no NC for Iowa

That assumption is wrong IMO. I don't see an SEC Team going undefeated in the regular season. I also don't think Texas goes undefeated either.

Ohio State is a worse team than Iowa, in my opinion. Ohio State's problem is inconsistency. If they put it all together on gameday then sure, they can beat anyone in the Big 10... but they haven't been able to do that this year.

Iowa can beat Ohio State. I don't know if they will, but they certainly can.

Usually I'm all about the Big 10 beating up on itself and every team being eliminated from the title game... but more than anything anymore I'm just getting completely fed up with the BCS system.

I'm hoping to see a Cincy vs TCU or TCU vs Iowa national title game. Lowest ratings ever, but no valid argument against it except for MONEY... which is all the BCS is about to begin with.

I disagree. If iowa wins out they have enough quality opponents where no one can argue a 1 loss sec or big 12 team should be ahead of them. I don't see an undefeated team leaving the sec and i don't see texas going undefeated either. IMO if iowa wins out they will be in the title game. Listen bcs conference guys can argue against utah, boise state, and tcu even, but they can't argue with an undefeated big 10 team who goes undefeated getting into the title game.

I agree, but there will be a hew and cry for the one loss SEC school to be in the NC championship rather than an undefeated Iowa...and the BCS will probably give it to them on "strength of schedule" which is an elusive concept at best. It will be interesting to watch if it comes down to a one loss Texas, one loss Florida/Alabama and an undefeated Iowa. A Senator from Iowa is gonna have to convene a special session of Congress...LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Northwestern for exposing Iowa for who they really were, and not letting them off the hook.

the fact that Iowa had been trailing in at least 5 of their games going into the 4th quarter was a sign that Iowa wasn't a contender. after escaping defeats to Michigan State and Indiana, they were due to lose to a surprisingly bowl eligible Northwestern team.

say what you want about wanting Iowa to go undefeated to mess up the BCS. I personally am glad that they lost, bc as mentioned in another thread, they would probably get beat by any of the teams below them in the top 25.

i said earlier in the season that Ole Miss was a weak number 4 team, then i said that LSU was a weaker number 4 team (although theyve been playing better since the uga game), Iowa takes the cake for being the weakest number 4 this season, and thats saying a lot.