Tomorrow's game is all about the Redzone

Peyton

People can study whether or not the Cowboys will be able to run on the Falcons and whether or not the Falcons are going to move the ball against the Cowboys (of course they are), but in the end I think tomorrow's game will be decided by the same factor that has decided most of the Falcons games - the red zone.

The Falcons have been fastastic at converting red zone opportunities into TDs and also fantastic at preventing the opposition from scoring TDs in red zone opportunities.

I think this will be the determining factor in the game, because I think both teams will have 4-5 red zone opportunities.

People can study whether or not the Cowboys will be able to run on the Falcons and whether or not the Falcons are going to move the ball against the Cowboys (of course they are), but in the end I think tomorrow's game will be decided by the same factor that has decided most of the Falcons games - the red zone.

The Falcons have been fastastic at converting red zone opportunities into TDs and also fantastic at preventing the opposition from scoring TDs in red zone opportunities.

I think this will be the determining factor in the game, because I think both teams will have 4-5 red zone opportunities.

I agree with you. Falcons D has been good in RED ZONE and Dallas Offense has been shaky in the rED ZONE.. If our D holds them to FG...

WE can come out with a "W".. It's not going to be an easy game. Anyway, It's never easy on the road especially when team is coming off the BYE WEEK.

1) They have had 2 weeks to work on getting around our redzone defense.

2) They may take shots to avoid it and hope to exploit our secondary.

No. We have to get them on their heels. We need our defense to over-achieve early and our offense to go unleashed. Dallas has proven over and over that if you step on their throats enough early on they will help you beat them the rest of the game.

This is not a game I feel is a sure-win for us. If we let them stay in the game we have to do a shootout with our defense that gives away a ton of clock.

To add to these good posts, this is NOT a game where we can come out playing conservatively on offense. We don't know how our CBs are gonna play this game, but you can bet the Cowboys are going to attack them early and often. Mularkey, you better step up during this game because we need this win badly...especially with us facing the Saints next. A 5-1 start is a heck of a lot better than 4-2 going into the Saints' house.

To add to these good posts, this is NOT a game where we can come out playing conservatively on offense. We don't know how our CBs are gonna play this game, but you can bet the Cowboys are going to attack them early and often. Mularkey, you better step up during this game because we need this win badly...especially with us facing the Saints next. A 5-1 start is a heck of a lot better than 4-2 going into the Saints' house.

Yeah hopefully we won't see Mularkey running into 8 and 9 man fronts like he was doing last week.

1) They have had 2 weeks to work on getting around our redzone defense.

2) They may take shots to avoid it and hope to exploit our secondary.

No. We have to get them on their heels. We need our defense to over-achieve early and our offense to go unleashed. Dallas has proven over and over that if you step on their throats enough early on they will help you beat them the rest of the game.

Agreed. The bye week and home field advantage together are a lot to overcome. Its hard enough playing on the road in the NFL as it is. That said. I think the single biggest factor in this game will be if we can stop their run game. I'll take my chances in a passing contest between Romo and Ryan.

I think they are gonna really try to establish their ground game. I am fairly comfortable with our chances vs their passing offense. We have excelled at preventing the big play, due to scheme and great Safety play, and Romo is too mistake prone to beat us with the dink and dunk all day.

I say if Trey Lewis(or whoever is at NT) can hold his own and stay in his gap, everything will trickle down from there. For me that will be the key matchup.

Edited by maxatlanta

I would like to see Mularkey spread them out and try and hit some quick-hitting runs up the gut. I agree with everyone else that we HAVE to control the clock and keep or DB's rested.

But I have this feeling that or Defense is going to light it up this week.

Yup. The run blocking is going to have to crank it up a notch to get The Burner a hole. After that, it is up to the bowling ball himself.

If we play the bend but don't break defense and allow Dallas to constantly get in the red zone, I believe we'll be in trouble. Dallas will power run the ball on our defense. Don't confuse Chicago's running game with Dallas'. Dallas' OL is much bigger and know how to open holes--Chicago has some OL rejects (Frank Omiyale for instance) blocking for their RB. The best thing we can do is score early and often and force the Cowboys into a throwing game.

Very True.. +1