Duke - Falcons are exposed

Dukes is looking at Dallas ability to run the ball, which is fine. If Dallas is so great running the ball, why dont they run the thing more often and with more success? Because the coaches are not the best play callers in the world, and most the teams Dallas has played are soft against the run, that's why. That is the reason Dallas has only beaten teams with no wins or losing records. The pitiful Chiefs had Dallas on the ropes, it took a heck of a great play by the third string WR to win the game for Dallas (yes, Romo threw the pass, okay I will give them that).

What is ignored, is the Cowboys inferior QB play, the inferior coaches and play calling, and the fact that Atlanta has beaten some supposedly good teams. The Falcons have a two game winning streak against teams that were an aggregate 6-2 when the Falcons played them. That is momentum, something the Falcons do have and the Cowboys do not.

According to Duke, Falcons RUN D is exposed by Patriots. Dallas is top 5 teams and would run all over the Falcons...

I hope Falcons shut down the Dallas Rushing Offense. Because I'm tired of hearing Duke BS every week.

We are never gonna stop ignorant ******** like Duke, we can hold Dallas to -23 rushing yards and he is still gonna talk ****. Next week he's gonna find something else bad to say about our birds. Just a fact of life!

I feel that even with our recent streak of injuries and playing our second team in a row coming off of their bye that we will still dominate.

One thing about their rushing game though... They do have a nice group of running backs.

What's weird though is that we have faced some good tandems all year and the ones that beat us were considered the weakest.

Miami: Ricky Williams - Ronnie Brown

Carolina: Deangelo Williams - Jonathan Stewart

New England: Fred Taylor - Kevin Faulk

San Francisco: Glenn Coffee

Chicago: Matt Forte - Garrett Wolfe

Dallas: Marion Barber - Felix Jones - Tashard Choice

These days a good passing team against a weak passing defense generally wins out over a team with a good rushing attack. What league is Dukes watching?

Having taken my swipe at Duke, I personally thing the game is a tossup. Either team could win big, but I expect a close game. Furthermore I think either team can come back from a slow start and still pull it out in the end. The bye will allow the Cowboys to be better coached than usual, but I still think the Falcons will be in better shape to deploy mid-game adjustments if they should turn out to be necessary.

I normally dont get on announcers but Dukes is a ******* moron.

Yes, Dallas runs the ball well. But right now their pass offense is toothless. So lets have the safeties play the run until the force us to do otherwise.

The pass offense might be "toothless" because every single game this season has been against a top 10 pass offense. I think only a fool would allow Romo to beat them. I'd let them run. Teams have given up 200 yards this season and its been a rarity for those teams to win. I know the Cowboys are 1-1 when rushing for 200 yards.

The pass offense might be "toothless" because every single game this season has been against a top 10 pass offense. I think only a fool would allow Romo to beat them. I'd let them run. Teams have given up 200 yards this season and its been a rarity for those teams to win. I know the Cowboys are 1-1 when rushing for 200 yards.

Wait, are you saying KC is top 10 in ANY category?

Wait, are you saying KC is top 10 in ANY category?

Nah... I checked, he was wrong about that one... KC ranks 25th against the Pass... Dallas' other 4 opponents all do rank among the top-11 in pass-defense... I would hardly call Dallas' 9th ranked pass-offense "toothless".

More on topic, Dallas should run the ball well, but the Falcons have not been running it near the level they're capable of, I think they'll also get their run game going this week...

Sometimes statistics are incredibly misleading.

Against the exemplary talent on the Panthers, Bucs and Chiefs Dallas as been able to throw the ball.

Against the Giants and the Broncos Dallas has been horribly ineffective throwing the ball....tossing 4 INTs to 1 TD, being sacked 5 times and averaging less than 6 yards per attempt. Those aren't very good numbers and anyone watching those games could tell how ineffective they have been through the air. With our scheme, we are unlikely to get burned by Miles Austin for 250 yards through the air.

I am not scared of their passing attack. It just hasnt been anywhere near consistent enough to really convince me to be afraid.

Wow.....couldn't have been more incorrect on this one.

Then again, when I said this I was under the impression that the gameplan did not involve giving Tony Romo 35 seconds to make every single decision.

Very very very very very very poor performance today. This bye week thing may be more trouble than I thought.