Lance Thompson

ugadawg

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/thompson_lance00.html

I was watching the Ala vs Vols game and noticed that Monte is always talking to this guy. I am curious how much info he is able to soak up for a great DC in a year. Also reading his bio he also was a Saban guy. Do you think he would be a guy that UGA should look at for DC next year. Oh well bi weeks suck so it was just discussion material.

only experience was at central Florida for 3 years. IF he cant then he has problem after working with some great Defensive minds over his career

oh and he must have done something right to get lavalump to all sec honors :lol:

thanks for the info though you would know better than me it was just an observation from watching the game not any actual knowledge or admiration.

only experience was at central Florida for 3 years. IF he cant then he has problem after working with some great Defensive minds over his career

oh and he must have done something right to get lavalump to all sec honors :lol:

thanks for the info though you would know better than me it was just an observation from watching the game not any actual knowledge or admiration.

He has been with some very good defensive coaches but I can tell you that our Linebackers this year have raved about the technique adjustments made by our new Linebacker coaches James Willis and Sal Sunseri. With that said, Thompson can recruit with the best of them.

I doubt he would leave after just one year. If you assume Monte is about for say 4 years, CEO would be the next DC and then Thompson might leave for a DC job. Being able to learn under Monte for aslong as possible was apparently a big part of him taking the job...i doubt it only lasts one year

I doubt he would leave after just one year. If you assume Monte is about for say 4 years, CEO would be the next DC and then Thompson might leave for a DC job. Being able to learn under Monte for aslong as possible was apparently a big part of him taking the job...i doubt it only lasts one year

If Thompson was offered the D-Coordinator job at UGA, he would walk to Athens. You really think he would stay behind to learn under Kiffin rather than take a D-Coordinator job -- Thompson is 45 years old and those kind of jobs do not come around often.

True, would be beneficial for him if he waited though

While it would be a great learning experience I would think learning from Saban for multiple years, Kiffin 1 yr and I was assume Tenuta while at GT that he had learned alot by now. Granted since I just started looking at him today I do not claim to be an expert on him but his pedigree seems very interesting.

CMR won't hire a guy who hasn't been a proven DC IMO. Lance can recruit and that's pretty much it. There are better options.

well just thinking BVG was also the DC at central Fla. just like LT. You are probably right though, but thought MR might try and find another unknown diamond.

While you dont think MR would do it what do you think about LT.

well just thinking BVG was also the DC at central Fla. just like LT. You are probably right though, but thought MR might try and find another unknown diamond.

While you dont think MR would do it what do you think about LT.

I think Lance is a terrific recruiter. Average position coach and have no idea about his coordinator potential.