Tech Fans.. could be a memorable day!

xFalconLord

If we can finally get a win today in Charlottesville, we could be in the ACC Coastal drivers seat. Miami plays a Clemson team that is playing inspired football. It is most likely the toughest ACC opponent left on Miami's schedule. A Miami loss and a Tech win will put Tech alone atop the ACC Coastal with 2 ACC games left to play. That would be Wake Forest at home, and Duke on the road.

If not today, then I am not sure it will happen for Tech. Miami isnt likely to lose the other ACC games they play. Let today be the day for CPJ and the fighting Yellow Jackets!!

I'm happy with the win. This was a game Tech was suppose to win and they did which is something that has plagued Tech in the past. Now they have to take care of Vandy and that SEC Speed :P , but the game that scares me is Duke because of their passing game. I know they are Duke but they have a solid passing attack and Tech still does not cover receivers very well. Oh well, I'll enjoy this win for the next 7 days.

I'm happy with the win. This was a game Tech was suppose to win and they did which is something that has plagued Tech in the past. Now they have to take care of Vandy and that SEC Speed :P , but the game that scares me is Duke because of their passing game. I know they are Duke but they have a solid passing attack and Tech still does not cover receivers very well. Oh well, I'll enjoy this win for the next 7 days.

thats the team that concerns me the most too. although our defense has been playing good in recent weeks, we havent really been tested through the air since fsu. to put things into perspective, duke has a better passing game than fsu, so that will be the true test of the games that remain on our schedule.

thats the team that concerns me the most too. although our defense has been playing good in recent weeks, we havent really been tested through the air since fsu. to put things into perspective, duke has a better passing game than fsu, so that will be the true test of the games that remain on our schedule.

I dont agree that Duke has a better passing attack than Florida State. They have put up slightly better numbers, and more points per game, but it was against much weaker opponents.

Duke put 35 on Army, 49 on NC Central and 49 on NC State. They would scare me more if they could run the ball.

Also Duke converts 35% of third downs which is not very good. We should be able to get them off the field on third downs.

I wouldn't say their passing game is better than FSU's but it is definitely much improved this year. Duke has posted really good passing #'s against weak teams. Just the fact that they spread the field and throw alot is what concerns me because our secondary plays too soft. Tech will need to get to the QB and cause him to make bad throws or just sack him. They will play disciplined defense which seems to work best against Tech but I can see Tech's talent overcoming that. Wake Forest concerns me a bit because they played Navy(even though they lost) and that leaves them some what familiar. We have three games left that we should not lose and I consider UGA a toss up because dispite their struggles this season they are are talented and have AJ Green. Winning out would be huge because it would set GT up to be in the top 8 going into the ACCCG. I'm just glad the team is in a position where they do not want to overlook any team and have their season ruined.

better statistically*

duke has the 12th best passing offense this season and that will only improve after their performance today.

i hope thats due to playing weaker teams, but we havent exactly played lights out on defense against the pass all season, so hopefully the defense we've seen the last two weeks decides to show up for the duke game. i think having Anthony Egbuniwe back really helps our pass rush a lot.

If we can finally get a win today in Charlottesville, we could be in the ACC Coastal drivers seat. Miami plays a Clemson team that is playing inspired football. It is most likely the toughest ACC opponent left on Miami's schedule. A Miami loss and a Tech win will put Tech alone atop the ACC Coastal with 2 ACC games left to play. That would be Wake Forest at home, and Duke on the road.

If not today, then I am not sure it will happen for Tech. Miami isnt likely to lose the other ACC games they play. Let today be the day for CPJ and the fighting Yellow Jackets!!

The stars have aligned for us today. CPJ has got to keep it going. Go Tech!!!!