Depending on Whether or Not This is Resolved...

I just read this on NFL Draft Scout:

10/23/09 - The NFL's college advisory committee may find it next to impossible to render informed opinions on the readiness of juniors who are potential 2010 draft prospects because the league has been locked in a multi-million dollar standoff with a Boston-area company that produces and disseminates digitized content of NCAA games for eight major conferences, league sources told SI.com. According to those sources, XOS Technologies, based in Billerica, Mass., requested the NFL pay a rights fee between $20 million and $30 million for a multi-year commitment to electronically receive the coaches' tape content for itself and its 32 teams. That content - which shows the entire alignment of both the offense and defense on each play, shot from the end zone - was formerly supplied free of charge in video tape form by schools as a mutually beneficial consideration between the NFL and NCAA. That's changed now. "It's a major, major problem for the NFL,'' said one club personnel executive. "The ramifications are deep. The 'juniors' committee may not exist this year as we know it. And that may mean even more juniors come out than we're already expecting. Here it is almost November, and nobody in the NFL has received a single game tape from all those schools in all those conferences. If there's no junior committee this year, the agents are going to tell their guys that they're all first-round picks, and kids want to believe that, so they will. We won't even have the ability to screen juniors and give them an opinion on their draft status.'' In addition to the college advisory committee's work, the league has traditionally used the coaches' tapes for its own scouting purposes and to determine which collegiate prospects should be invited to the league's annual pre-draft scouting combine in Indianapolis. - Don Banks, SI.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=69709#news

Kind of alarming, I don't know what caused this new development, but that's pretty messed up. Sounds like this may finally be the year where all the juniors leave like we have been expecting.

I just read this on NFL Draft Scout:

10/23/09 - The NFL's college advisory committee may find it next to impossible to render informed opinions on the readiness of juniors who are potential 2010 draft prospects because the league has been locked in a multi-million dollar standoff with a Boston-area company that produces and disseminates digitized content of NCAA games for eight major conferences, league sources told SI.com. According to those sources, XOS Technologies, based in Billerica, Mass., requested the NFL pay a rights fee between $20 million and $30 million for a multi-year commitment to electronically receive the coaches' tape content for itself and its 32 teams. That content - which shows the entire alignment of both the offense and defense on each play, shot from the end zone - was formerly supplied free of charge in video tape form by schools as a mutually beneficial consideration between the NFL and NCAA. That's changed now. "It's a major, major problem for the NFL,'' said one club personnel executive. "The ramifications are deep. The 'juniors' committee may not exist this year as we know it. And that may mean even more juniors come out than we're already expecting. Here it is almost November, and nobody in the NFL has received a single game tape from all those schools in all those conferences. If there's no junior committee this year, the agents are going to tell their guys that they're all first-round picks, and kids want to believe that, so they will. We won't even have the ability to screen juniors and give them an opinion on their draft status.'' In addition to the college advisory committee's work, the league has traditionally used the coaches' tapes for its own scouting purposes and to determine which collegiate prospects should be invited to the league's annual pre-draft scouting combine in Indianapolis. - Don Banks, SI.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=69709#news

Kind of alarming, I don't know what caused this new development, but that's pretty messed up. Sounds like this may finally be the year where all the juniors leave like we have been expecting.

As a Fan, Yes Sir that is great, but for the players it is kind of messed up, but as i have stated if you have talent and have a good work ethic then you should be ok in the NFL no matter where you get drafted.

That's true, but injuries happen to everyone and anyone and that is why it is kind of concerning. What if a guy gets drafted in the 4th round when with another year he could have gone in the 1st round and then gets hurt? Instead of a big 1st round bonus to live on if he can't come back he has whatever money he made as a 4th round pick.

I guess I am just concerned for all of the juniors who are probably going to be leaving. It is great for NFL teams that are looking for good value, but it is going to 1. hurt next year's draft class and 2. hurt the players who declare because they will make a lot less money.

We'll see what happens I guess.

That's true, but injuries happen to everyone and anyone and that is why it is kind of concerning. What if a guy gets drafted in the 4th round when with another year he could have gone in the 1st round and then gets hurt? Instead of a big 1st round bonus to live on if he can't come back he has whatever money he made as a 4th round pick.

I guess I am just concerned for all of the juniors who are probably going to be leaving. It is great for NFL teams that are looking for good value, but it is going to 1. hurt next year's draft class and 2. hurt the players who declare because they will make a lot less money.

We'll see what happens I guess.

Good point on the injury front, maybe they just need TG All Pro Diet and they will be ok. LOL.