Miles Austin

vel

If any of you have looked Miles Austin, before that game vs Kansas City, only had 80 yds and one td on 5 receptions. i dont think that makes him a starting WR. i mean yea he ate up a KC secondary but who hasnt so far? and if they were so good how do you go to OT with a winless team?? Miles Austin is over rated since he is on the media's favorite team he gets hyped up. Roddy had a 200yd 2 td game in 4 qtrs. Austin has 250yds and 2tds with OT (60yds and a td from OT in case you didnt remember). who gets all the pub for being a legit WR? i mean yea Roddy has already established himself but he should have gotten more press for destroying Nate Clements not Austin for torching Brandon Flowers. i mean for real?

But that's why i am a Falcons fan. I root for the underdog.

If you look at his highlights on NFL.com, the long plays were a case of horrible tackling by the KC secondary. I'm not impressed so far.

Right, me either. Like I said before he benefited from a none tackling , no wrapping up, poor excuse of a defense. But if he does turn out to be the real deal, hopefully it will start again next week

To be honest last year when Austin got his first TD I called that he would be their #1 reciever. It looks like it may come true as williams has done nothing and crayton has just been replaced.

i would worry more about austin on 1st and 2nd down, and witten on 3rd

Edited by TdotFalcon

Austin either had:

The game of his career

or

His breakout game showing what caliber WR he really is

I'm leaning more toward the first choice

I think naming him starter over Crayton is a way of lighting a fire under Crayton's posterior

I hope Austin has a great career

I also hope it starts Nov. 1

:D

I think naming him a starter over Crayton is a way of eventually getting Williams on the pine. The only reason Williams is still starting in my opinion is all the money they are paying him.

I think naming him a starter over Crayton is a way of eventually getting Williams on the pine. The only reason Williams is still starting in my opinion is all the money they are paying him.

I think there's a big misconception about Roy having a bad year? Underachieving? Yea. But he blocks very well for a reciever and he's a part of the reason why the big runs have come. And he has just as much yards as Crayton except Crayton has played more games. The problem is with Romo and Roy. Not necessarily with Roy himself. They aren't on the same page and haven't been since last season. Everyone puts it on his route running but he's been wide open as has been Martellus Bennett but Romo has gone to other receivers more frequently. More than likely its because he's more comfortable with them.

If any of you have looked Miles Austin, before that game vs Kansas City, only had 80 yds and one td on 5 receptions. i dont think that makes him a starting WR. i mean yea he ate up a KC secondary but who hasnt so far? and if they were so good how do you go to OT with a winless team?? Miles Austin is over rated since he is on the media's favorite team he gets hyped up. Roddy had a 200yd 2 td game in 4 qtrs. Austin has 250yds and 2tds with OT (60yds and a td from OT in case you didnt remember). who gets all the pub for being a legit WR? i mean yea Roddy has already established himself but he should have gotten more press for destroying Nate Clements not Austin for torching Brandon Flowers. i mean for real?

I agree 100% I mentioned this on another thread. The dude had a great game, but now he is a god in Dallas. And since he is on Dallas, analyst crown him a god as well. He ripped up a KC defense, wow..thats an acomplishment. If you ask me, I am 10 times more worried about Roy Williams. He has been quite this year, but he has good hands and can make plays.

Agreed. Austin has some size, but he doesn't appear to be all that fast. It was just some really bad tackling by the Chiefs.

Na Austin has some serious wheels on him. Cowboys claim he is the most athletic guy on their team, but yeah KC tackling is ultimately what made his game.

Austin has a big size advantage on Grimes and Williams has one over Houston, but Witten could be the guy who kills us in the redzone and on 3rd down.

The guy on their defense that i am most worried about is Jay Ratliff. McClure has shown he can be beaten pretty good and Ratliff is playing lights out.

I agree 100% I mentioned this on another thread. The dude had a great game, but now he is a god in Dallas. And since he is on Dallas, analyst crown him a god as well. He ripped up a KC defense, wow..thats an acomplishment. If you ask me, I am 10 times more worried about Roy Williams. He has been quite this year, but he has good hands and can make plays.

We are just as bad. A player who has a good game is elevated to elite status by many fans. Brookings will be forever demonized for the 3-16. The only thing that matters is the last game to many people.

Give you one hint... 250yards against a bad team!!

That's your hype!!

Its a poor team but not poor secondary. And let's be honest here. Kansas City isn't the worst team or the worst team of all time yet no one in Cowboys history has put up as many yards. Its a solid accomplishment regardless of who it was against. But is the hype warranted? It depends on how he follows it up. Its a bit premature for the hype though.

I'm not saying this because my team is playing Atlanta this weekend, because I've read a lot of Atlanta fan's threads over the last couple of days; you guys are really not that bright, you really need to study your opponents a lot better, so that you won't seem, you know...STUPID.

Let me help you guys out, I love the DALLAS COWBOYS, and have been supporting them for years, RAIN OR SHINE, PLAYOFFS or NOT, so I'm very very much again coaching errors, as far as manking mistakes on who plays and who sits; on that not MILES AUSTIN is someone you really really need to worry about...FOR REAL. Miles began really making his mark in the NFL last year. DALLAS is extremely guarded on who steps on that field, sometimes TOO GUARDED. I know, I know, you don't believe me, you think that I'm trying to make you guys squirm, but I'm not.

Let me give you guys a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Now remember, just because you have never heard of a player DOSEN'T MEAN THAT HE WON'T KILL YOU! Not too many people have heard of our 3rd string running back, TASHARD CHOICE before he began POPP'N OFF 20 and 30 yard runs either, BUT YOU'LL HEAR THE EXPERTS TALKING ABOUT HIM, THOUGH. Ever heard of JAY RATLIFF? Don't feel bad, most people haven't. JAY is our nose tackle, who a few years ago, took the place of 2 players by the name of LE'ROI GLOVER & TANK JOHNSON(you may have heard of them). Lei'roy was a great addition to our team, great tackler, great locker room presence. Tank Johnson was a great run stuffer, and caused problems for the offensive line, but I'd trade them both for this guy RATLIFF,who didn't start till just last year, NOBODY CAN TAKE THIS GUYS PLACE ON THE FIELD, he's too strong, too dominate, and he plays with a real bad attitude. You guys really have to watch out for this guy. Last game, Ratliff pushed a guard deep into the back field with mostly one arm, and grabbed the running back with the other, I've seen that before, BUT ONLY 2 or 3 TIMES; make sure he's double teamed, or suffer the consequences. You haven't heard of ANTHONY SPENCER, but watch out for this guy, because we may not be blitzing Demarcus Ware due to the stress fractures in his foot...but don't hold your breath on that, because he got two sacks in the last game.

Its the Cowboys.. anybody that does anything is gonna get mega-hyped for some odd reason..

Here is how you really should look at this whole thing. HOW MANY RECIEVERS ON THE FALCONS HAVE HAD A 250 YARD GAME, THIS YEAR? How about last year? How about the year before, or the year before that? Ok, to save time, HOW MANY RECIEVERS FOR THE falcons, IN THEIR WHOLE ENTIRE HISTORY HAVE HAD A 250 YARD GAME? Yeah.....that's what I thought.

My mother always said, "If you don't have anything intelligent to add to a conversation....SHHHHHHHHH."

Edited by author to remove insult. Wasn't that funny anyway.

I recognize you from the Cowboys board, ivancheck. It's all the caps that gave it away. Don't you think it's funny that on your board there have been a half a dozen, maybe even more, Falcons fans who have done nothing but contribute to intelligent conversations, and yet you come here and spit out that garbage? Give me a break man.

Edited by Ice2White

I'm not saying this because my team is playing Atlanta this weekend, because I've read a lot of Atlanta fan's threads over the last couple of days; you guys are really not that bright, you really need to study your opponents a lot better, so that you won't seem, you know...STUPID.

Let me help you guys out, I love the DALLAS COWBOYS, and have been supporting them for years, RAIN OR SHINE, PLAYOFFS or NOT, so I'm very very much again coaching errors, as far as manking mistakes on who plays and who sits; on that not MILES AUSTIN is someone you really really need to worry about...FOR REAL. Miles began really making his mark in the NFL last year. DALLAS is extremely guarded on who steps on that field, sometimes TOO GUARDED. I know, I know, you don't believe me, you think that I'm trying to make you guys squirm, but I'm not.

Let me give you guys a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Now remember, just because you have never heard of a player DOSEN'T MEAN THAT HE WON'T KILL YOU! Not too many people have heard of our 3rd string running back, TASHARD CHOICE before he began POPP'N OFF 20 and 30 yard runs either, BUT YOU'LL HEAR THE EXPERTS TALKING ABOUT HIM, THOUGH. Ever heard of JAY RATLIFF? Don't feel bad, most people haven't. JAY is our nose tackle, who a few years ago, took the place of 2 players by the name of LE'ROI GLOVER & TANK JOHNSON(you may have heard of them). Lei'roy was a great addition to our team, great tackler, great locker room presence. Tank Johnson was a great run stuffer, and caused problems for the offensive line, but I'd trade them both for this guy RATLIFF,who didn't start till just last year, NOBODY CAN TAKE THIS GUYS PLACE ON THE FIELD, he's too strong, too dominate, and he plays with a real bad attitude. You guys really have to watch out for this guy. Last game, Ratliff pushed a guard deep into the back field with mostly one arm, and grabbed the running back with the other, I've seen that before, BUT ONLY 2 or 3 TIMES; make sure he's double teamed, or suffer the consequences. You haven't heard of ANTHONY SPENCER, but watch out for this guy, because we may not be blitzing Demarcus Ware due to the stress fractures in his foot...but don't hold your breath on that, because he got two sacks in the last game.

I'm not worried. All I need to know about the team is that Wade Phillips is the head coach. We are plenty familiar with him here in Atlanta.

wademotovationposter.jpg

Umm Dude, who went to the playoffs last year? Umm, who is 3 - 2, barely? Who has a quarterback that every other game has a mental breakdown and looks like Joey Harrington? Who has a head coach that every week there is at least one story about when he is going to get fired? Who has one of the most egotistical owners in all of football?

Dallas is not a very good team this year. With all of the money they have in players, scouts, facilities, coaches, etc. they should win the super bowl every year. Wait, no they should go 16 - 0 every year. Why? Because they are over-rated. Dallas is about one more issue away from becoming another Oakland. Your team has some good players, but a lot of over rated, used-up trash too.

To bad your team is best noted for it cheerleaders and who your QB use to date.

Dallas is like Dallas the old tv show. There are some talented people in the cast but the ridiculous plot lines/team management keep anyone from taking it seriously. Even if you win this week you will still have a joke of a team.

Umm Dude, who went to the playoffs last year? Umm, who is 3 - 2, barely? Who has a quarterback that every other game has a mental breakdown and looks like Joey Harrington? Who has a head coach that every week there is at least one story about when he is going to get fired? Who has one of the most egotistical owners in all of football?

Romo keeps trying to get into golf cuz this quarterbacking thing is not going so well.

So, let me get this straight, you claimed in an earlier thread that the cowboys had solved their turnover problem when they had 4 fumbles in their last game and you're calling us stupid?