OUR SLEEPING GIANT - WAKE UP!

MagnusXXIII

The Falcons are well coached.

The Falcons are playing with a lot of heart.

That is how the defense was able to carry the team against Chicago.

But we are not designed to be get to the play-offs that way - this year and with this schedule.

If we are going to be serious contenders ... it will be by playing with heart defensively AND from having an elite offense.

A pick your poison offense with enough balance to eat clock or score quick.

So far we have only seen it emerge against San Francisco.

For all other games we have been out of sync ... with enough residual fire power to get points on the board to win three of our games.

This weekend we will be getting the best of the Dallas Cowboys. They need this game to salvage their season and they are coming off a bye.

For the Falcons ... either the offense emerges ... and stays emerged ... or the only goal we may achieve is merely a winning season.

This has not been mentioned but Dallas also had two extra days of practice this week. Birds (not sure because it was a Sun Night game or the win) were off Monday and Tuesday while Dallas was in shorts Monday and Pads Tuesday.

A little bothersome they get two extra practices when we have all this flux but I trust our coaches.

we play one stout team and still WIN and now we panic? calm down we have been winnning our games playing OUR GAME! yea it may not be pretty but we have been winning. one blow out victory vs 49ers and we are ready to score 45 on everyone. remember not every team is the saints. a win is a win. take it how they come.

we play one stout team and still WIN and now we panic? calm down we have been winnning our games playing OUR GAME! yea it may not be pretty but we have been winning. one blow out victory vs 49ers and we are ready to score 45 on everyone. remember not every team is the saints. a win is a win. take it how they come.

The Falcons offense will be the first to tell you they are not satisfied with their performance.

Roddy and Gonzalez looked like they lost the Miami game right afterwards.

We can not conitinue to leave points on the field like we have been.

I would contend the level of execution was similar in the last two games. You have to give some credit to the Bears. SF rolled over for us. It got easy for us very early on. The Bears never rolled over (and they are better on D to start with). Ryan wasn't sharp in the first quarter, but he was at his normal level the balance of the game. We had dropped passes in SF, you just don't notice them when you are winning by 20+. We only ran for chunks on SF after we were well ahead. We were getting our normal 3- yards for large portions of that game.

So far as the offenses satisfaction: If they are ever happy with a game they are done for the season. You can never be content since you will never play the perfect game.

Ummm ... the schedule is getting harder ...

Is that the schedule or are you just happy to see me? :P

The beauty of a "pick your poison" offense is that someone like Michael Turner can be held to 30 yds, and you can still come away with a hard-fought deserved win. It is that we lost a guy like Harry Douglas, someone who was really set to look good, and still have 4 dependable proven weapons at the position. Throw Gonzo in there, the ball could go anywhere on the field. You're right, if all the weapons are firing we can expect to put up big numbers, but you also must be realistic and know that it's not going to happen every week, and also that Mike Smith isn't going to shoot for that.

All the time when asked a question about any aspect of his offensive decision making, how many times have we heard the phrase "predicated by what they're doing to defend us"? He's going to go for the weakness in their gameplan, the chink in their armor, and that's the main focus. If it means spreading the ball around and putting up big numbers, fantastic and so be it. If it means total-clock-drainage like we did against Carolina, fantastic and so be it. I like this staff because the significant majority of the time, they make the right calls to go out and get the W.

The only team on our schedule left that has shown they are elite are the Saints.

Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, are all beatable.

Bucs x2, Panthers, Bills, Jets, Redskins, all very winnable.

We play the Cowboys in their stadium after their bye.

We play the Giants in their stadium after their bye.

Those are two huge games for us, and they both figure to be very tough games. If we win those games, we're a **** good team.

We play the Cowboys in their stadium after their bye.

We play the Giants in their stadium after their bye.

Those are two huge games for us, and they both figure to be very tough games. If we win those games, we're a **** good team.

No doubt about it. We have 5 tough games left. That leaves us with 6 that should be wins. We may win some of those 5, and we may lose some of those 6. Either way, this team will finish at worse, 10-6, maybe as high as 12-4 or 13-3.

I 100% Agree .

I would contend the level of execution was similar in the last two games. You have to give some credit to the Bears. SF rolled over for us. It got easy for us very early on. The Bears never rolled over (and they are better on D to start with). Ryan wasn't sharp in the first quarter, but he was at his normal level the balance of the game. We had dropped passes in SF, you just don't notice them when you are winning by 20+. We only ran for chunks on SF after we were well ahead. We were getting our normal 3- yards for large portions of that game.

So far as the offenses satisfaction: If they are ever happy with a game they are done for the season. You can never be content since you will never play the perfect game.

Good response. Our execution was much better against San Fran.

Against Chicago, Matt was misfiring in the first quarter (badly) and made some poor decisions ... and gave up two interceptions ... something that did not happen against San Fran.

Michael Jenkins had two key drops ... again something that does not normally happen and is reasonable to expect not to happen.

We did not play aweful against Chicago, but we did not play well enough to expect to win consistantly with an overachieving defense.

The only team on our schedule left that has shown they are elite are the Saints.

Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, are all beatable.

Bucs x2, Panthers, Bills, Jets, Redskins, all very winnable.

Cowboys are beatable ... but it won't be easy ... they are off their bye and at home, relatively healthy and it is a must win for them.

Eagles are beatable ... but if Westbrook and McNabb are healthy ... it won't be easy. (I believe they are off their bye as well).

Jets ... winter game outdoors, away ... could be very difficult or just difficult depending how their season shakes out.

New Orleans away - Extremely Difficult.

Giants away - Extremely Difficult. (Off their bye).

New Orleans home - very difficult.

Carolina - winnable ... but should not be taken lightly.

Cowboys are beatable ... but it won't be easy ... they are off their bye and at home, relatively healthy and it is a must win for them.

Eagles are beatable ... but if Westbrook and McNabb are healthy ... it won't be easy. (I believe they are off their bye as well).

Jets ... winter game outdoors, away ... could be very difficult or just difficult depending how their season shakes out.

New Orleans away - Extremely Difficult.

Giants away - Extremely Difficult. (Off their bye).

New Orleans home - very difficult.

Carolina - winnable ... but should not be taken lightly.

Philly won't be coming off their bye, but I agree you can't look past them. They tend to give us a hard time.

I also agree that playing the Panthers in their stadium won't be easy. Heck, TB might be tough in their stadium, too.

Thought for sure this was an Abe thread. He needs to wake up IMO... production is down this year. No hater, just saying he is having an off year so far...

Have to disagree there. I don't think it's so much he's having an off year as that about 10 holding calls have been missed ever since the Pats game!!! I swear, Pace was trying to STRANGLE him at multiple points (not to mention sit on him), and the commentators (and, evidently, the refs) were saying, "Oh, look how Pace is just holding him in check there." angry.gif

I'm with another poster from two weeks back ... we need to oil up his jersey. If the refs aren't going to call anything, he's got to get an advantage somehow!

Edited by BCEaGleATLFaLcOn