we have a good shot at a 13-3 record this year

ICEICEMATTY

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Good possibility "hope so", the Saints looked pretty good against the Giants. They are going to be trouble. I hope our secondary can step it up. If we can beat the Sainst then we have a good shot of beating the Giants. 10 wins or more, I will be happy. I think we will have more problems out of the Eagles and Jets rather than the Giants. Depends on injuries, etc. though.

here is our remaining games

cowboys w

saints twice 1-1

redskins w

carolina w

giants L

tb twice 2-0

eagles w

jets w

buffalo w

13-3

if we win the games were supposed we will be 13-3 who agrees?

Maybe.. not likely but winning this weekend would be a very good start. One note I would like to make... Yes Carolina sucks but did you see what they did last week at the end of the game to the Bucs. 16 Straight run plays for a TD. If anyone remembers Christmas day a few years back they pretty much did the same thing to us the entire game. Makes me sick thinking about it

Long story short I wouldn't count them as a win just yet.

How about we just keep it one game at a time.

13-3 or not, we'll find out after week 16 :)

I agree with the one game at a time. Lets beat Dallas first. 13-3, I will take it but it is a long season! A lot can happen both good and bad. Thanks be to our depth that the bad so far, hasn't bitten us too bad.

So...do you two play football for the Atlanta Falcons??? I think we as FANS should be able to look ahead and speculate...SHEESH! <_<

If there are no more major injuries I can definitely see 13-3...but it's a stretch. I'm looking at 11-5 myself.

Edited by Falcon-Boi

Maybe.. not likely but winning this weekend would be a very good start. One note I would like to make... Yes Carolina sucks but did you see what they did last week at the end of the game to the Bucs. 16 Straight run plays for a TD. If anyone remembers Christmas day a few years back they pretty much did the same thing to us the entire game. Makes me sick thinking about it

Long story short I wouldn't count them as a win just yet.

[/quote

They did the same crap but worse to us(Bucs)late last season in Carolina. And that's when we allegedly had a good defense..lol. That's all they have tho'..I think their passing game is done.

here is our remaining games

cowboys w

saints twice 1-1

redskins w

carolina w

giants L

tb twice 2-0

eagles w

jets w

buffalo w

13-3

if we win the games were supposed we will be 13-3 who agrees?

Well the Falcons aren't supposed to win Sunday. The Falcons won't be "supposed" to split with New Orleans. I do like your enthusiasm. I think your scenario is possible, but not likely with the offense playing somewhat erratically.

If Ryan gets it rolling then it's on.

Disagree w/the Giants game. I think we can beat them - IF we bring our A game.

Disagree w/the Saint's too. As much as it tastes like rotting fish to say this, I don't see us winning either of those games. I will be ECSTATIC if we win even one, but I'm not as confident about them.

Then, I also think we will drop at least one that we "should" win. Like the Denver game last year. Seems like that happens to every team, every year, *cough*Philly/Oakland-2009*cough*

Still predicting 10-6 or 11-5, but whatever the record, B2B WINNING SEASONS!!! B)

If you assume at this early stage in the season the Vikings, Saints, and Giants win their divisions...

The key games will obviously be Eagles and Cowboys since we beat 49ers and Bears already.

If we win those games ... we can afford an extra loss here or there and go for the wild card.

Hopefully we win our next two so we can get in good position for the division.

Nobody has said 15-1 yet... or 4-12, for that matter. :ph34r:

Preseason last year I predicted us to be 8-8 even though the analysts were talking 1-15, 2-14, etc. Then I was blown away that even my overachieving guess was surpassed. I don't expect the team to best my expectations every year, but it at least goes to show that every game is winnable. Every game is losable. It's the coaching staff's job to make sure we don't drop the easier ones, and get the team in the right position for the hard ones.

The Pats were the only team never to slip up during the (16 game) regular season. And no team has ever been 19-0. So, all things being equal, and assuming we make the playoffs, no regular season game is a "must win".

If we lose this weekend, I might cry. But the sky won't fall, either.

The thing is, teams get on a roll and they are hard to stop. In '98 we started off 4-2 and never looked back. I have faith that this team is capable of pulling off a similar feat, although im not yet willing to predict win-loss ratio. This weekends game could be a huge boost for the Falcons. I know M. Smith will have them ready to play! Go Falcons!!!