IM WORRIED ABOUT THIS GAME

ATLballer

This is one of those games that if we win we'll start being recognized as a force to watch out for, but if we lose its I told you the Falcons were playing over their heads..And the boys are back with the new stadium...

It seems like every time we're about to be respected as a franchise that can make a run, something happens to knock us back down..For the most part I think the media wants us to be very successful..They are quick to put us high on the power rankings but equally quick to knock us way back down the rankings..

We're 4-1 and we're so used to being meiocre that I read someone that said 4-2 is ok...its not OK

This is one of those games that if we win we'll start being recognized as a force to watch out for, but if we lose its I told you the Falcons were playing over their heads..And the boys are back with the new stadium...

It seems like every time we're about to be respected as a franchise that can make a run, something happens to knock us back down..For the most part I think the media wants us to be very successful..They are quick to put us high on the power rankings but equally quick to knock us way back down the rankings..

We're 4-1 and we're so used to being meiocre that I read someone that said 4-2 is ok...its not OK

We won't win every game we play. If the Falcons go out and play a good game for the entire 60 minutes and never give up - that's all we can ask. There are a multitude of reasons why we could win or lose - and there is no reason to believe we will lose, however, at the same time you have to remember it's only one game of a long season and whether we come out of this 4-2 or 5-1, we'll still be okay.

That being said - I know we can win this and I hope we do - but if they go over and play hard and still get beat - it IS ok!

We won't win every game we play. If the Falcons go out and play a good game for the entire 60 minutes and never give up - that's all we can ask. There are a multitude of reasons why we could win or lose - and there is no reason to believe we will lose, however, at the same time you have to remember it's only one game of a long season and whether we come out of this 4-2 or 5-1, we'll still be okay.

That being said - I know we can win this and I hope we do - but if they go over and play hard and still get beat - it IS ok!

*hard clap*

not wanting to be negative but if we are 4-2 after this game its a good chance we will be 4-3 after the monday night game

not wanting to be negative but if we are 4-2 after this game its a good chance we will be 4-3 after the monday night game

****, I am nervous before everygame. I will be just as nervous when we play Tampa Bay. You just never know the outcome of anygame. But I know that I will be rooting for the Falcons win or lose

This game will be tough just as any have been for various reasons but like Tandy said, there is no reason to think we can't win it. The Cowboys are at home and coming off a bye week and they also have Brooking o give them inside info on us but at the same time we are very talented and will go in with a good game plan. We have more talent and we can beat these guys even with all that going for them. We must stop the run and if we do that then we'll be OK. To me that is the only concerning thing. Either way we must juts continue with our great red zone defense. That was really impressive to watch the other night. Our defense came alive every time the3y got down there. I think we win this game something like 27-17. We'll be alright. Remember that we are not KC. KC has a very bad team and are beat up as well and Dallas barely escaped them with a win.

Edited by Ghost Rider

****, I am nervous before everygame. I will be just as nervous when we play Tampa Bay. You just never know the outcome of anygame. But I know that I will be rooting for the Falcons win or lose

i nervous for the whole week especially against the boys cuz my friend is a huge dallas fans and i would nothing more to beat dem at home

This will be a tough game on the road against a good running team coming off of a bye. They feel as though it is a "must win" so we will get their best shot.

Keith will come to play the game of his life but even he has put out the message that our team and specifically our O line is coming to dominate.

On the other hand we are a team that comes to play hard every game and our foes know they better bring a lunch. Three in a row will be a good step in the right direction with our process.

An offense that has Ryan, Turner, White, Jenkins, and Gonzalez should easily beat this team. Unfortunately we haven't figured out how to get production our of everyone during one game.

I don't think it's fair to say we should easily beat Dallas. We certainly have a great many weapons on offense, but we have also been leaving a lot of plays on the field. Matt Ryan has looked better than anyone ever expected him to look in just his second year, but I've noticed he's been having some trouble with his timing this year... more than he did last year. I think he's playing nervous at times. Not that the pressure is getting to him... but maybe he's just getting overly-excited. It's gotten better as the season has progressed so I'm sure he'll be fine, but just think of how much of a boost our offense would have if those overthrown long-balls were on target. It's scary to think that our offense is doing so much and still not firing on all cylinders. That being said, Dallas also has weapons of it's own and our defense is known to give up the big plays. We have done a great job stopping opponents in the redzone but it doesn't do any good when the opposition just throws long and hits a receiver deep for a TD. Our secondary is definitely a big concern. I think the key for this Sunday will be our pass-rush. John Abraham has not exploded the way we would like him to yet. But he's also not getting the kind of help he did last year. We don't have big Grady Jackson in the middle to command a double-team anymore and Abraham is absorbing the brunt of the blockers. I just got finished watching the re-air of last sunday's game against the Bears and noticed almost every play Orlando Pace was holding J. Abraham around the neck. Abraham would spin inside or swim outside and Pace would just wrap him up like he was tackling him and he only got called one time in the whole game. I know they say Holding happens on every play but those were obvious and deliberate holds and they weren't being called. No wonder he hasn't been very disruptive this year. Anyway hopefully we can put pressure on Romo this sunday. We all know what happens when he has to get rid of the ball early. Our secondary might just end up with a couple of picks if we're lucky.

I feel you brother ... it is hard to be confident the way our offense has underachieved.

At least we are winning games with heart ... when the rest gets in sync ... LOOK OUT!

This game will be tough just as any have been for various reasons but like Tandy said, there is no reason to think we can't win it. The Cowboys are at home and coming off a bye week and they also have Brooking o give them inside info on us but at the same time we are very talented and will go in with a good game plan. We have more talent and we can beat these guys even with all that going for them. We must stop the run and if we do that then we'll be OK. To me that is the only concerning thing. Either way we must juts continue with our great red zone defense. That was really impressive to watch the other night. Our defense came alive every time the3y got down there. I think we win this game something like 27-17. We'll be alright. Remember that we are not KC. KC has a very bad team and are beat up as well and Dallas barely escaped them with a win.

Kansas City is a weak team right now, but just because Dallas has a tough time with them doesn't mean they will have the same problems against us. Tony Romo has two gears... Really Good.... and Really Bad. And it usually depends on pressure. When he's feeling the rush, he becomes allergic to the football and fumbles and throws interceptions. But when he has a nice, comfortable pocket, he might throw 4 tds. It just depends on our D-line.

Kansas City is a weak team right now, but just because Dallas has a tough time with them doesn't mean they will have the same problems against us. Tony Romo has two gears... Really Good.... and Really Bad. And it usually depends on pressure. When he's feeling the rush, he becomes allergic to the football and fumbles and throws interceptions. But when he has a nice, comfortable pocket, he might throw 4 tds. It just depends on our D-line.

I agree with you, Romo has one of the worst cases of Jekyll and Hyde syndromes I have seen in quite some time. I am praying for Mr. Hyde to make an appearance sunday.

I feel you brother ... it is hard to be confident the way our offense has underachieved.

At least we are winning games with heart ... when the rest gets in sync ... LOOK OUT!

And at least our O-line has been solid again this year. We haven't been running as well but that's mostly because everyone is keying on Michael Turner. I think we might need to run the no-huddle even more than we already do. Matt Ryan is so much more comfortable when he gets to survey the defense and audible at the line. His passer rating is through the roof when we're in the hurry-up offense. It's not that our play-calling is wrong. It's just that it's easier for the players to see what the defense is doing than the coaches on the sidelines... so it just makes sense to let Ryan work his magic.

I agree with you, Romo has one of the worst cases of Jekyll and Hyde syndromes I have seen in quite some time. I am praying for Mr. Hyde to make an appearance sunday.

Yeah like I said, we just have to get pressure on him and get him uncomfortable early and it could be a great day for our D. We might as well throw a few Cornerback blitzes at him. I suggest Houston since he isn't having much luck covering the No. 1 receivers... poor guy just can't get his head turned around to find the ball. Doesn't matter if he's blanketing them, he's never gonna make a play looking the wrong way. Maybe if we mix it up on the pass-rush we might find something that works a little better.

My hope for the Falcons games are the same each week. It has been the same since the start of the season. And it is for the Falcons to find some offense like they did against the 49er's.

I don't understand how 3 pro-bowlers and a ROY can't move the ball more consistently.

So please Falcon's...Find some Offense!!!

I can't knock the defense of course the run defense could be better and the passing defense could be better. But we knew what we had at the start of the season. They have done a great job and I am so proud of them. They have stepped up.

Darn, I missed Harry Douglas with his down the field speed!!!

Edited by bornafalconfan79

Yeah like I said, we just have to get pressure on him and get him uncomfortable early and it could be a great day for our D. We might as well throw a few Cornerback blitzes at him. I suggest Houston since he isn't having much luck covering the No. 1 receivers... poor guy just can't get his head turned around to find the ball. Doesn't matter if he's blanketing them, he's never gonna make a play looking the wrong way. Maybe if we mix it up on the pass-rush we might find something that works a little better.

Let's hope we stop the run successfully first. If we can't stop the run then what we attempt to throw at Romo won't matter. Our defense will be on it's heels all game long and we might not like the results at the end.

I just saw the NFL stats on the QBs and noticed that Matt Ryan is tied with Peyton Manning for the fewest times sacked this year with just 2 sacks. Not a bad statistic for our O-line. And I've seen some posts where people were complaining about Matt Ryan not getting near as many yards as Joe Flacco and I just want to say it's because Joe Flacco has thrown the ball 225 times and Ryan has only tossed it 156 times this year. Big difference in play-calling. We are not nearly as aggressive in the second half of games as we could be. Ryan had just under 290 yds passing after 2 quarters against S.F. and we only threw the ball like 3 times in the second half. We could easily throw the ball more, but there's no point risking a pick when u have such a big lead. And also, our special teams is much better than the Ravens special teams crew and we start a great many drives with really good field position which means we don't have to throw for 300 yards every game. We can score just as many tds and not even throw for 200 yds. It's called field efficiency. I think i just made that up.

Let's hope we stop the run successfully first. If we can't stop the run then what we attempt to throw at Romo won't matter. Our defense will be on it's heels all game long and we might not like the results at the end.

We've been doing a lot better the last couple weeks against the run. I think Mike Smith must've had the D workin on staying disciplined and not over-pursuing after we got torched by Fred Taylor before the bye week. But yeah I agree that the Run-D is a big deal. Our biggest problem has been our tendency to play as individual defenders rather than a team defense. I've noticed when runners make it past the line of scrimmage on us, we always attack single-file, one defender after another, instead of lining up laterally and tackling together. When u stack defenders vertically, the runner never has to dodge more than one tackler at a time. But when you spread out side-by-side, the runner's only choice is to try and split the tacklers which is much more difficult to do. I thought we really did a much better job of that against Matt Forte last sunday, but our line deserved most of the credit, and we were fortunate not to face Frank Gore in S.F., but there is certainly much room for improvement.

Barber's still injured, right? So who is it, Jones and Choice? I like our chances w/that tandem alright. Only I wanted us to draft Choice, so I kinda have mixed feelings about him. He's done ok for a newbie, and a smaller sized guy. I think I'm much more worried about Romo getting his game on and burning up our corners.

Honestly, I don't even feel as nervous about this game as I did the Bears game, they came off of a bye week too last week, granted they were on our turf, but we were the better team, and if you ask me Cutler is a better QB and the Bears O is better than the Cowboys, I think if our D plays OK then we can come away with a win, like some others on this thread have said, we have to stop the run, that is the key, maybe after this game, we'll get some respect, we have a tough schedule ahead of us and I think we're headed in the right direction. GO FALCONS!!!