When will offense be playing elite

LVfalconfan

On paper we have a more than elite offense. The only week it showed was the 49ers. I say we get on a roll this week and keep it going, offenses take time to click look at peytons offense the first 5 games last year. I believe Matt, turner, Tony, Roddy, jenks all get rolling. Then well be blowing people out like we should have every gae this year.

i dont mind seeing a blowout here and there, but i prefer the close hard fought wins. teams with explosive offenses usually forget how to play to win in close games. It happened to the Vikings in 98, and is usually always the case. The Saints how will they handle a close game in the 4th quarter come playoff time?

I am not understanding this Logic, Good coaches know how to win games no matter how bad they beat opponents.

i dont mind seeing a blowout here and there, but i prefer the close hard fought wins. teams with explosive offenses usually forget how to play to win in close games. It happened to the Vikings in 98, and is usually always the case. The Saints how will they handle a close game in the 4th quarter come playoff time?

I highly disagree with this, and I too don't really understand the logic. So you are saying that good teams forget how to play when the game is close? Please give some examples. How will the Saints handle a close game? They will do what they always do, and Brees with throw.

So you want to see a nailbiter every week? I don't know about any of you guys, but I would love to see us win 45-10 every week.

Edited by ConnFalcon

Well I dont think we should blow every team out, but teams we are better than we should.

Dolphins game should have had 35

Panthers score was about right

Patriots- should have scored more

49ers- cant ask for more than that

Bears- should have scored 31 or so

The beauty is how balanced offense, its hard to find a more balanced offense than us. We have every dimension an elite offense needs. We can pick how to beat teams, run the ball at them or air it out or play fast ball with the no huddle. I am not saying we will blow out every team but we should have been more efficient vs the fins and bears which means more points.

Or the complete opposite of that. Explosive offenses can make last second clutch plays to turn a loss into a win.

"When will offense be playing elite every week?" When Mularkey stops scripting plays and we go straight to the no huddle offense and stay there all game....until a team shows they can stop it, go with the no huddle

I agree, but against teams with good offenses we have to control the clock and the no huddle doesnt do that.

"When will offense be playing elite every week?" When Mularkey stops scripting plays and we go straight to the no huddle offense and stay there all game....until a team shows they can stop it, go with the no huddle

I agree that the no-huddle is an integral part of our offense, and I love when we pull it out. But it can't be our sole offensive mode for an entire game, particularly for games like NO when time of possession will be critical to keep a slinger like Brees off the field.

I agree, but against teams with good offenses we have to control the clock and the no huddle doesnt do that.

the clock doesn't tick faster cause you're in a no huddle.

the Falcons use the no huddle to exploit match-ups and we were still substituting and everything. For example the play Norwood got hurt, Turner came right in and went right to were Jerious was, and the game went on as if nothing happened and Turner even caught a pass a couple plays later. the Bears defense was the most unbalanced when we used the no huddle and they effectively used the clock during that drive.

I haven't seen Matt Ryan throw into double coverage a lot this year. More than some of the high-scoring offenses will do that (ARI, NO, NYG). I honestly believe Matt Ryan is still a bit hamstringed on his potential. Not that it's a bad thing, but beyond the 15-20 yards limit on passes, Matt Ryan's choices diminish drastically.

If Jenkins' could return to 2008 form, I think it helps open the doors for Ryan to throw the deep ball.

Contradicting myself, our run game is superb. If we are still in the game (10 points or less) then we can still do the ol' reliable to win a game:

Control the clock.

Run the ball to set up the pass.

Trust in our defense to give up yards but not points.

I'm anxious to see what happens when we need to run the 2-minute offense with this team. Outside of my homerdom, I think we'll shine. The tools are there to be elite. However, running the score up on an opponent isn't proof of being elite. I'd say it's more an indicator of the opposing DC's shortcomings in the ability to adjust.