Injurious Norwood

Bring It

Norwood will be out for a min. of 2 more weeks, possibly more.

He is BEYOND injury prone. His body is just not built for the brutal NFL.

TD and Smitty cannot plan on him as a productive RB for the team, going forward.

Have we seen the end of the road for Norwood as a Falcon ??? He's a terrific person with amazing talent but it is what it is.

Sad.

have to belive that the front office has a plan for our future third down back, whether that includes jerious or not..... who knows. I for one believe we will take a running back in this years draft. in the 4th or 5th round depending on who is available of course. I would like to see jerious stay but i just don't see how it is possible with his injury history and how he pans out for the rest of the year....

I think we will be seeing more of Snelling in the future with a possible draft pick to groom as a shifty change-of-pace back and possibly KO and/or Punt Returner as well.

It's sad because I love Norwood. How could you not love having the guy who leads the league in YPC since he came into the NFL? But he gets hurt every stinking game. I really would hate to see him go, but if the FO decides to use him as trade bait, or doesn't resign him next year, I would understand.

I think we will be seeing more of Snelling in the future with a possible draft pick to groom as a shifty change-of-pace back and possibly KO and/or Punt Returner as well.

It's sad because I love Norwood. How could you not love having the guy who leads the league in YPC since he came into the NFL? But he gets hurt every stinking game. I really would hate to see him go, but if the FO decides to use him as trade bait, or doesn't resign him next year, I would understand.

X2

Guys who can take it to the House on any given play are NOT a dime a dozen. I love how people perceive it's easy to obtain a player who averages 7 yards per carry.

We would not have half of our core players if we released the players the fanbase has turned on either because of injury, performance or contract size.

Examples include.

Roddy White - Asked for too much money - Never performed before 08

ABE - Injury Prone

Sam Baker - Injury Prone

Mike Jenkins - Drops too many passes, cannot be a number 1

Thomas Decoud - Does not show up on defense

Mike Peterson - Slow can't cover not an upgrade

Edited by insight

have to belive that the front office has a plan for our future third down back, whether that includes jerious or not..... who knows. I for one believe we will take a running back in this years draft. in the 4th or 5th round depending on who is available of course. I would like to see jerious stay but i just don't see how it is possible with his injury history and how he pans out for the rest of the year....

I would guess TD might pull off a trade before the 2010 draft for a quality RB for a draft pick or two.

Guys who can take it to the House on any given play are NOT a dime a dozen. I love how people perceive it's easy to obtain a player who averages 7 yards per carry.

We would not have half of our core players if we released the players the fanbase has turned on either because of injury, performance or contract size.

Examples include.

Roddy White - Asked for too much money - Never performed before 08

ABE - Injury Prone

Sam Baker - Injury Prone

Mike Jenkins - Drops too many passes, cannot be a number 1

Eric Decoud - Does not show up on defense

Mike Peterson - Slow can't cover not an upgrade

It's Thomas DeCoud..

I was thinking about this same topic a little earlier this weak. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see Jerius back next year. Is that what I want to happen??? NO! But I think this front office is about the business of winning and if Jerius cant stay on the field then he cant help us. Combine that with the possible RB prospects coming out this year who could fit into the role of a fast, shifty, 3rd down back who can take about 10 carries off of Turners plate a game(C.J. Spiller, Noel Devine, Brandon James), then it makes even more since tto think that he might be on thin ice.

I think Jerius's 6'1 frame doesn't allow him to absorb hits as well as shorter more compact backs like the prospects I mention earlier and other backs like Turner, Jones-Drew, and Sproiles....

But it's just speculation right now.

TD and Smitty cannot plan on him as a productive RB for the team, going forward.

Have we seen the end of the road for Norwood as a Falcon ??? He's a terrific person with amazing talent but it is what it is.

Sad.

I really really hate to say it, but the guiy is the Chris Chandler of running backs. As a part timer, he has never come close to playing a complete season. It is a shame - he is such a huge weapon when he is healthy.

This is the first year he has missed significant playing time. I'm sure they won't give up on him for next year. They will probably see how he does in otas, etc.

I'm concerned about our 2nd round draft choice. He has stayed injured from the start.

He has missed multiple games every season as a pro.

I try to make it a point not to pump up Tech players too much (since I don't want to look like the UGA homers :)). But as the ESPN announcers said last week, Dwyer is going to be playing Sunday ball.

But do you think he might be playing it for us? Dont get me wrong now Rev. Dwyer is a good back and will be a solid pro but I dont think we need that style of back when we already have Turner and Snelling. I'd much rather have a speed back to add some contrast to our running game.

Sad.

On the front page of Falcons life says that Smith said Norwood is day to day...

Yea he gets hurt alot but he did try and bulk up this past pre season, i think another year of him getting a little more wight and a little more muscle and he will be fine. Hes also gotta lose the mentality that he can take a hit every time, id rather see him get a gain of 5 yards and go out of bounds then him get 15 yards and get injured.