Digusted at our 2009 Draft Class

thestufford

So we went into the draft knowing we had issues on D and drafted a Shizzzload of Defensive players and ok, injuries happen like the one to Jerry, but when I saw the injury report from yesterday I was DISGUSTED to see W. Moore on there AGAIN! This guy hasn't made one freakin play for us this season. Heck, I haven't even seen him on the field. I had high hopes that atleast one of our players that we drafted would do SOMETHING.

We still obviously have CB issues, we drafted two and one made the team the other who was a significant reach is on another team. It looks like next year we will be drafting defense AGAIN in the draft and I just don't know why we didn't just go ahead and trade the pick away for some proven talent like Aso.

I know I am ranting, but it just gets frustrating to see these injuries piling up in areas we are already weak at and the FO is seemingly doing nothing about it.

/RANT

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see where the FO hasn't made moves. We got Williams (now hurt, s*** happens) and Hill (progressing faster than Foxworth). We just signed a PS RB due to Norwood.

To me the FO is acting swiftly and how many draftees have even seen the field this year for other teams? Seems like expectations on this board are starting to get out of control.

So we went into the draft knowing we had issues on D and drafted a Shizzzload of Defensive players and ok, injuries happen like the one to Jerry, but when I saw the injury report from yesterday I was DISGUSTED to see W. Moore on there AGAIN! This guy hasn't made one freakin play for us this season. Heck, I haven't even seen him on the field. I had high hopes that atleast one of our players that we drafted would do SOMETHING.

We still obviously have CB issues, we drafted two and one made the team the other who was a significant reach is on another team. It looks like next year we will be drafting defense AGAIN in the draft and I just don't know why we didn't just go ahead and trade the pick away for some proven talent like Aso.

I know I am ranting, but it just gets frustrating to see these injuries piling up in areas we are already weak at and the FO is seemingly doing nothing about it.

/RANT

We could always bring that punk Deangelo Hall back.......PUKE.

What I am saying is WE HAVE DB issues, the Bears game was too close because of our DB issues even with Williams on the field. Don't get me wrong, our front seven are looking NASTY and I am excited about our teams record, but like many of you whether you want to say it or not, I want us to win... not just 5 more games to break the 43 year curse, not just enough to win the division, and be one and done in the playoffs. But I want a Superbowl.

So **** yah, I am spoiled with last years draft. And yes 5 games into last we had multiple rookies who were making impact plays for us. The obvious, Matt Ryan and Sam Baker when he was healthy. C. Lofton I remember making that play on the goal line vs. Larry Johnson. Need I go on?? Alot of you want to flame, but good teams find GREAT players every year in the every part of the draft that make an impact early on. Is it so much that I ask to see one player we drafted make an impact on Defense or special teams? I think not.

LOL ... Please...Enlighten me oh great one who knows exactly how pro football works because he is an admin on AFMB <_<

Just take all your thoughts and right them down and then to the right write down the opposite of those thoughts. The column to the right is how pro football works.

What I am saying is WE HAVE DB issues, the Bears game was too close because of our DB issues even with Williams on the field. Don't get me wrong, our front seven are looking NASTY and I am excited about our teams record, but like many of you whether you want to say it or not, I want us to win... not just 5 more games to break the 43 year curse, not just enough to win the division, and be one and done in the playoffs. But I want a Superbowl.

So **** yah, I am spoiled with last years draft. And yes 5 games into last we had multiple rookies who were making impact plays for us. The obvious, Matt Ryan and Sam Baker when he was healthy. C. Lofton I remember making that play on the goal line vs. Larry Johnson. Need I go on?? Alot of you want to flame, but good teams find GREAT players every year in the every part of the draft that make an impact early on. Is it so much that I ask to see one player we drafted make an impact on Defense or special teams? I think not.

Dude you are thinking with a Kindergarden mind man. How many rookie Starters do the Patriots play? How many rookie starters are the Steelers playing? How man rookie starters are the Colts playing? I could go on and on with teams with these winning teams. YOu can even look in our Division and see how many rookie starters the Saints are playing. You might want to get used to the fact that our rookies are going to be able to sit and learn before they start making an impact, that is what happens when you have a GM that finds talent. YOu sound like a complete idiot when you type stuff like that, you make it seem like you have no understand of how Winning Professional Football teams work.

I am glad that we dont have to start a team full or rookies again, it means the the GM/Coaching staff are doing their jobs.

i swear, the 2008 draft has spoiled a lot of the people into thinking that we will draft some pro bowl calibur rookies every year.. <_<

100% agree.

You can't expect every draft to be like 2008. We struck gold in that draft, and the odds of that happening again (as smart as TD is) are not very high.

Moore can't help that he is injured. I'm sure he wants to be out there. And Jerry, pretty sure he didn't want to have a season ending injury. You need to chill out. We are 4-1.

Dude you are thinking with a Kindergarden mind man. How many rookie Starters do the Patriots play? How many rookie starters are the Steelers playing? How man rookie starters are the Colts playing? I could go on and on with teams with these winning teams. YOu can even look in our Division and see how many rookie starters the Saints are playing. You might want to get used to the fact that our rookies are going to be able to sit and learn before they start making an impact, that is what happens when you have a GM that finds talent. YOu sound like a complete idiot when you type stuff like that, you make it seem like you have no understand of how Winning Professional Football teams work.

I am glad that we dont have to start a team full or rookies again, it means the the GM/Coaching staff are doing their jobs.

Wow, speaking of Kindergarden, can you read? Did you read what I said??? I said ONE JUST ONE.. Not the whole team. Last I checked, the Colts have a rookie WR that is having an excellent year, named Collie. Same with Pitts they have Wallace. Look at LB's Matthews, Cushing, Maualuga are having good rookie years. Heck even Macho Harris is doing pretty well for the Eagles. Also, the Patriots are playing with 2, yes two ROOKIE CB's who both got picks last week. Yah all those players are sitting and learning right?

What am I trying to prove? That YOU sound like a complete idiot to me saying that rookies have to sit and learn before they make an impact. Don't talk to me like I don't know football.

Wow, speaking of Kindergarden, can you read? Did you read what I said??? I said ONE JUST ONE.. Not the whole team. Last I checked, the Colts have a rookie WR that is having an excellent year, named Collie. Same with Pitts they have Wallace. Look at LB's Matthews, Cushing, Maualuga are having good rookie years. Heck even Macho Harris is doing pretty well for the Eagles. Also, the Patriots are playing with 2, yes two ROOKIE CB's who both got picks last week. Yah all those players are sitting and learning right?

What am I trying to prove? That YOU sound like a complete idiot to me saying that rookies have to sit and learn before they make an impact. Don't talk to me like I don't know football.

So because Jerry is out for the year, he's not as good as good as those LBs? What is your point about the WRs??? Last I checked we had plenty of those. Also, the Patriots played a winless team and two top 45 picks got interceptions. Who was our only top 45 pick? Jerry.

Go away.

I didnt say they have to i said that Good Teams dont start all of their draft picks. WE cant help that Jerry got hurt or that Moore got injured. Owens is playing very well on special teams, you neglected to mention that. Sidbury is getting more and more snaps at DE, you didnt mention that. Collie got in because their starter was hurt. Cushing, Matthews were first round draft picks and they ususally start or get a chance to start. WE started our 1st round pick too ya know.

News Flash if you continue to post threads like this you are proving that you dont know football.

So because Jerry is out for the year, he's not as good as good as those LBs? What is your point about the WRs??? Last I checked we had plenty of those. Also, the Patriots played a winless team and two top 45 picks got interceptions. Who was our only top 45 pick? Jerry.

Go away.

I agree after they went up big they starting bringing in backups so they dont risk their starters getting hurt.

Go away.

The point being Jaymadd says its kindergarden to think that a rookies can start on good teams and have an impact. He listed teams, I listed players that prove him wrong from right now.

Go away? Get on topic... newb

Sidbury.