Norwood News

Shaggy 2.0

I'm Sick and tired of people dogging Norwood. Im sure it was the same fans that dogged Abe when he kept hurting his groin... Actully now that i think of it they prolly werent even fans back when Abe was getting hurt all the time <_< . Norwood needs time to rest. He has been unlucky this ONE YEAR, he has barley missed any games HIS WHOLE CAREER! I cant wait till he pulls an abe and make everyone shut the barn door up. You guys disgust me, what about 2007, when he was the only good thing on O?!?!? yeah half of you werent even on this message board then. You all should be ashamed to call yourself Falcon fans and not support Jerious, He will get healthy and show each and everyone of you pathetic fans that he doesnt need you or your support to be good, he has his teammates. whew learn how to be a falcons fan! I bleed red and black football and i support the players that do too... NORWOOD!!!!! ;)

Lets just hope he heals pretty quick because as Smitty said - "We are much better

offensiveily with him on the field". Myself, personally i don't buy into all the OMG

the sky is falling and lets draft his replacement hype, But it's pretty frustrating when

we are set to step it up to the next level and a main cog on offense seems to be getting

dinged up lately.

well he is one of my favorite players but he does get injured too **** much. If he stayed on the field he could be a lethal weapon and get paid. I am sure nobody is going to pay him much money next year because he is always on Injury list.

Yeah, I love J Rock (maybe homo?) but I love him more when he's on the field for us. He's a game breaker and our offense works so much better with him in there. He's always been nicked up, never anything serious that's kept him out for extended periods, but it's frustrating and shows why none of his 3 NFL coaching staff's have gotten him the ball very much.

I still think they will draft a back this year. Not necessarily to replace Norwood, but to augment him. I think Norwood is best when he is coming out of the back field, ala Roger Craig (Yeah, I'm old school) Turner and Snelling are bruisers with burst. I think what we need is a back like Tashard Choice, quick, and has some power. A real change of pace. Then Norwood can be used more as a receiver and for option style offenses where his long legs and speed help him to defeat the other team.

I'm a huge fan of Norwood, but this is not a snaphot of his career it's looking more like a movie. He's been nicked up the last 2 years. Last year was a lingering rib injury and he will probably miss considerable time this year. The question is will the front office resign him next year with the injury history.

Lets just hope he heals pretty quick because as Smitty said - "We are much better

offensiveily with him on the field". Myself, personally i don't buy into all the OMG

the sky is falling and lets draft his replacement hype, But it's pretty frustrating when

we are set to step it up to the next level and a main cog on offense seems to be getting

dinged up lately.

Well in can understand the lets draft his replacement talk, mainly because this is his contract year and not being able to stay healthy can be a liability especially if you are a important piece to the offense.

To the OP, i thought i was getting some information on his injury man

I got much respect for Norwood, but he's hurting us more than helping us this year. He's what the offense is missing, that change-of-pace back that will help keep defenses honest. Think back at how the coaching staff said they were gonna utilize him more this season...he has only 19 carries and 8 receptions...a total of 27 plays in 5 games. When you draw up plays specifically for him and can't use him due to injuries, it condenses your playbook. I hope he gets back to 100% real soon...we definately need him down the stretch, but as far as him making his case for an extension, it doesn't look too good.

I love Norwood and hope he comes back soon. I just hope that maybe this being his contract year that we won't have to pay too terribly much for him. He deserves the pay, but we probably can't afford what he deserves

Overall I'm sure we can afford him, the question is will he be asking for starter money? IMO, if he asks for starter money then TD may cut him lose.

I love Norwood as well, and if healthy is worth every penny. But clearly I'm not the GM so that isn't my decision to make.

I honestly believe our FO is on the verge of not re-signing him...:mellow:

Now, it becomes a matter of "investment" not "potential". Our offense is based on consistency...we need players who can play the majority of their snaps week in and week out. Injuries do happen, but when they happen more than most, it hurts the team.

Sigh...a 2:00 a.m. rant and NOT news...dry.gif

Jeez...two concussions and a hip flexor injury this season after only 5 games. I don't know if the injuries are just bad luck, a sign that some sort of different conditioning is needed, or if he's just not physically able to take the pounding at the NFL level.

I really like it when Norwood is on the field because he's a threat to break out for a touchdown at any moment; however, the key phrase is "on the field." As long as he's been here his history is that he gets hurt in some form or fashion in far too many games each year. He may only miss a series or two, or he may be out for the remainder of that particular game, but he is still absent from the offense and unavailable to inject his considerable talent to the team.

Look...I really like Norwood and believe he is a great addition to the team and a fine compliment to Turners raw power running (and I proudly wear a Norwood jersey at every home game), but the guy isn't going to have a long-term career here unless he stays healthy enough to be in every game, and be available for every offensive series in which he's needed. Period.

I hope that Jerious get's healthy quickly and back into the lineup. We're a much better team with him than without him.

I'm Sick and tired of people dogging Norwood. Im sure it was the same fans that dogged Abe when he kept hurting his groin... Actully now that i think of it they prolly werent even fans back when Abe was getting hurt all the time <_< . Norwood needs time to rest. He has been unlucky this ONE YEAR, he has barley missed any games HIS WHOLE CAREER! I cant wait till he pulls an abe and make everyone shut the barn door up. You guys disgust me, what about 2007, when he was the only good thing on O?!?!? yeah half of you werent even on this message board then. You all should be ashamed to call yourself Falcon fans and not support Jerious, He will get healthy and show each and everyone of you pathetic fans that he doesnt need you or your support to be good, he has his teammates. whew learn how to be a falcons fan! I bleed red and black football and i support the players that do too... NORWOOD!!!!! ;)

You are right on point with your post.

He did this without complaining about his contract, publicly complaining about playing time or the system. Do people realize he is a 3rd round draft pick that really doesn't make huge money. I don't have 2009 but even looking at 2008 Cap figures you can see Jerious has delivered for us and has done it on the cheap.

http://www.sportscity.com/NFL/Atlanta-Falcons-Salaries