D. Orlando Ledbetter/Keith Brooking Interview

or does Bedwetter sound like a complete idiot??? I can say that this is the first time I have actually heard him speak and he sounds like a complete moron. I now know why his articles suck, he can't help it!

We'll look at all the beat reporters for the falcons that have gotten snagged by ESPN or the NFL network. Len Pasquerelli, Chris Mortensen and Steve Wyche < and he wasn't even that good. :P I think Bedwetter thinks he will be the next one snagged, guess he forgot about the one that Wyche replaced, Matt Winkeljohn or we knew him as Winkledork. Mora got his azz out of the AJC. ;)

we have to have the most stupid reporters in the NFL. he says the most stupidest questions and the other guy thought the game was in atlanta what idiots

The sad thing is, that while you are putting down Atlanta reporter's speaking and journaling abilities, you, in turn, are writing like an idiot. I appreciate your thoughts though, as i work to decipher them...

We have a local Sports Radio Show in Macon called The Bill Shanks show....and he interviews Olando Bedwetter today. It was horrible. He is so unprofessional, and he sounds 12. He says "ughhhh" alot and hes hard to understand. Please Falcons, give us a better guy!!! GO FALCONS!

why would a sportswriter have to be a great orator? You put alot of intelligent people in front of the camera and they turn to mush. The guy is a college professor for Pete sakes. I hate when people mistake being articulate for being intelligent or vice versa

why would a sportswriter have to be a great orator? You put alot of intelligent people in front of the camera and they turn to mush. The guy is a college professor for Pete sakes. I hate when people mistake being articulate for being intelligent or vice versa

If it was only just his oration... As a beat writer, the dude is just downright bad. Most cities have moderate homers as their football team's beat writer. This guy is the absolute opposite. Most beat writers do what they can to find silver lining in gray clouds, although some call it right down the middle. Ledbetter basically says "All these gray clouds are ruining the silver lining!" even when the silver lining is shining so bright you need shades.

Brooking has more tackles this year than the person that replaced him, mike petersons.

Mike Peterson has 2 forced fumbles (both recovered by Atlanta) and 1 interception officially, while he tipped the ball and caused the interception in the San Fransisco game. You can credit 4 turnovers to Peterson and we're through 5 games. Heck, Roddy White has forced more turnovers this year than Brooking has since 2005.

EDIT: And just double checked the stats...Brooking has 29 solo tackles, 8 assists. Pete has 29 solo tackles, 7 assists. Serious question...what would you rather have? 1 extra gang tackle or 4 extra turnovers? I love Keith Brooking (no homo) and I really appreciate his time here. He was a good LB here. But as an objective observer, I gotta say that at least to this point, Mike Peterson is an upgrade.

Edited by MattyIce07

In this game Brooking will show why we didn't want resign him. The only other players I would be concern aboutr is Ware and that other DL.

Huh? You are aware, aren't you, that we offered Brooking another contract to resign here? Well, maybe you were not. :lol:

But we did, and he opted to go somewhere else where he could get more dough. But saying we didn't want to resign him is simply wrong.

Doesn't matter, I guess. I'm thrilled to have Peterson. But you might want to check your facts before making such a claim. ;)

or does Bedwetter sound like a complete idiot??? I can say that this is the first time I have actually heard him speak and he sounds like a complete moron. I now know why his articles suck, he can't help it!

Hey uh CraigSmackDaddy, D. Ledbetter here. I got a few questions for ya.

lol When heard one of his earlier interviews which I think was last year I thought the Falcons org was doing a community thing and letting a disabled kid ask a football player some questions.....let them experience a live interview......I was shocked to find out that this was a guy who is on payroll with the AJC......then I thought about it and said well it is the AJC.

If it was only just his oration... As a beat writer, the dude is just downright bad. Most cities have moderate homers as their football team's beat writer. This guy is the absolute opposite. Most beat writers do what they can to find silver lining in gray clouds, although some call it right down the middle. Ledbetter basically says "All these gray clouds are ruining the silver lining!" even when the silver lining is shining so bright you need shades.

Mike Peterson has 2 forced fumbles (both recovered by Atlanta) and 1 interception officially, while he tipped the ball and caused the interception in the San Fransisco game. You can credit 4 turnovers to Peterson and we're through 5 games. Heck, Roddy White has forced more turnovers this year than Brooking has since 2005.

EDIT: And just double checked the stats...Brooking has 29 solo tackles, 8 assists. Pete has 29 solo tackles, 7 assists. Serious question...what would you rather have? 1 extra gang tackle or 4 extra turnovers? I love Keith Brooking (no homo) and I really appreciate his time here. He was a good LB here. But as an objective observer, I gotta say that at least to this point, Mike Peterson is an upgrade.

And who have the Cowboys played? We've played much better offenses.

Huh? You are aware, aren't you, that we offered Brooking another contract to resign here? Well, maybe you were not. :lol:

But we did, and he opted to go somewhere else where he could get more dough. But saying we didn't want to resign him is simply wrong.

Doesn't matter, I guess. I'm thrilled to have Peterson. But you might want to check your facts before making such a claim. ;)

While, logistically speaking, everything you say here is accurate, the implication that we wanted Brooking but he didn't want to stick around isn't entirely there. Yeah Atlanta offered him a new contract, aka a significant pay cut, also with several strong implications that he would not be an every down linebacker. The message Atlanta sent him was "You are nowhere near as valuable to this team as you once were, we're cutting your Benjamins and possibly your playing time way down." And I would agree to that message and say it was the right move.

Brooking throughout the portion of the offseason he was here was always saying how much he wants to finish his career here. He stated on a radio interview at the time that he wanted to finish his career in Atlanta and had high hopes of getting in the Falcons Ring of Honor.

I guess I'm splitting hairs here as I also think it was the right move, but I don't think it's fair to imply that Brooking just up and walked away. It was made pretty evident that the Falcons no longer had a relevant place for him, and Brooking, like many would, took it as a personal slight, and it's hard to blame him. Fickle business this is.

But be that all as it may...they love him over in Dallas and he seems to love it so I think that's good. I still definitely support the guy after the hard work on the field, and the amazing work with Atlanta area foster children that he did and still continues to do to this day (www.kbcf.org). He was and continues to be a great asset to the Atlanta community.

Mike Petersons LOL!

That cracked me up too. I'm just not sure if it was intentional or not...lol.

Please keep this a Bedwetter trashing thread... it was not meant to be about KB vs. MP. Loved KB when he was here and MP has done a great job for us this year. Just let it die folks...

Bedwetter sounds like he is talking with a mouthful of marbles....