NFL Offensive RANK 8 -- NFL Defensive RANK 5

Okay, I'm getting tired of this "points are all that matters" thinking. This simply is not true.

Sure, points allowed is the most important stat. But if a team plans on playing "keep away" from opposing offenses, like ours does, yards allowed most certainly matters.

Low yards allowed usually indicates a defense that's hard to move the ball on. Any defense which is hard to move the ball on is also hard to score on.

Sure, if I have to have one or the other, I'll take less points. But it IS important to give up a low total of yards, too.

Okay, I'm getting tired of this "points are all that matters" thinking. This simply is not true.

Sure, points allowed is the most important stat. But if a team plans on playing "keep away" from opposing offenses, like ours does, yards allowed most certainly matters.

Low yards allowed usually indicates a defense that's hard to move the ball on. Any defense which is hard to move the ball on is also hard to score on.

Sure, if I have to have one or the other, I'll take less points. But it IS important to give up a low total of yards, too.

So you're saying you'd rather us be like the Chargers, who have only given up 1129 yards; yet give up 27.2 points a game? I'd rather give up 400 yards a game with 2 TDs any day... Hey we could even be like the Panthers and only give up 869 yards and allow 25 points a game...your logic is flawed.