Our defense could be facing a 3-headed monster come Sunday

I get blasted for touting Choice around here since I'm a Tech alum, but the kid is money. He has done nothing but produce for 2 years. He is in a Turner like situation where he will get a good deal elsewhere once his initial contract is up. He may not be an every down back, but he as speed and good hands, and smply moves the ball. He was a steal in the 4th round.

I was more worried facing the Panthers than the Cowboys running game. I am worried the most about Tashard Choice he seems to be the most consistent RB. Hopefully Coach Smith and BVG will have a good gameplan.

I am really not worried that much i think our defense will step up they know what is at stake here.

Very worried about facing 3 quality backs that are all averaging over 5.0 ypc. The run defense has to hold up this week.

Yea, I have to say I am a little worried as well. Hopefully our D-line can play like they did last week.

That being said, I am still more worried about our secondary than anything else.

I get blasted for touting Choice around here since I'm a Tech alum, but the kid is money. He has done nothing but produce for 2 years. He is in a Turner like situation where he will get a good deal elsewhere once his initial contract is up. He may not be an every down back, but he as speed and good hands, and smply moves the ball. He was a steal in the 4th round.

Co-sign. I've been high on Choice since he was at Georgia Tech. I'm not a Georgia or Georgia Tech fan, but I know a good player when I see one. He's a good RB that has done nothing but good things in Dallas. An absolute steal for Dallas in that round.

There are weeks I feel like we can't be stopped and there are weeks I worry a little more. I don't like this week. I think they have been half asleep so far this year and coming back from a bye we might be facing a really tough opponent in their billion dollar house.

I would not be shocked if this one is a 3pt or less margin. If they stay asleep we will crush them. Our best bet is to get an early lead and try to make them play catch-up the entire game.

I am not terribly concerned about all 3 rbs because one thing is consistent in the NFL... players almost always come back before they are ready.

Cowboys are ranked 3rd in rushing for a reason...know what that reason is?? Thomas Jones ran for over 200 yards last week and the Cowboys had the bye.

Three quality backs have me concerned, but you gotta love what the run D has done the last two weeks. You could point to the competition, but they've still been excellent.

Edited by Ric Roc

I hope they are all healthy! :ph34r:

In all seriousness, this will give you a good gauge of how well your run D is. You won't face too many teams better at running the ball than Dallas. With that said, if their back aren't healthy, then you guys will walk away with an easy win. Even though Romo is usually great during this part of the year, I'm not sure they can win if the ground game isn't going. As I said in a previous thread, this will be the second biggest test for you this year, simply because Dallas has the ability to score quickly. I think explosive offenses are what the Falcons struggle with the most.

From what I'm reading on the Cowboys Web site, there's a real possibility that all three of these guys (Marion Barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice) will play. If so, is anyone else concerned about how our defense will hold up? I have to admit that I am.

It's going to be a challange. If we can stop them on the ground enough and force Romo to throw more than he wants to and break his will then we'll have a chance.

Only 1 can run the ball at a time so as long as we keep control of the gaps, we should do well. I expect them to get their yardage but I hope we focus on stopping the run to make Romo beat us...6 TDs & 4 Ints plays a little more in our favor.

Thank you.

I was going to say the same thing - all 3 of them will not see the field at the same time.

Bottom line - we just have to prepare and go out and play the game.

Anyone who is not worried is an idiot.

They have a very explosive offense. Romo can be good, but he can also suck. Thier RB's are all legit. They have a huge O line so they could very well run it straight at us.

They have pretty good WRs with the emergence of Austin. Roy Williams is 6'4 so he is going to be a tough guy to guard.

Jason Witten is one of the best TE in the game. He is another guy who is goign to be very hard to guard.

I think their defense is nothing to talk about. We should be able to dominate them. I expect it to be a shootout between us two.

From what I'm reading on the Cowboys Web site, there's a real possibility that all three of these guys (Marion Barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice) will play. If so, is anyone else concerned about how our defense will hold up? I have to admit that I am.

I am not worried about the backs, but their OL. If they get an early lead, that big OL will just pound on our lighter DL.

if you are telling that the cowboys will score, i agree with you.

our offense needs to be up for the challenge.

the big match up is demarcus ware vs our run game.

the big hole i see in dallas is who they are matching up against tony G, if you say brookings then Tony G is going to have a 10 catch 150 3 TD performance.

now the big concern for me is who is covering jason witten? this guy is going to clean up 3rd conversions and probably keep their run game going.