Tell me what you think of these corners?

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Hi, I have been following this board for the last 4 years & enjoyed just reading the post during & between seasons. I have always loved the Falcons & for some reason just felt compelled to join & hopefully add some quality to the

discussion board. To let you all know I am no expert & I am sure a lot of you know a lot more than I. I keep up with the team & love nothing more than talking football or watching it. I find it hard to talk to most of my friends in regards to Falcon football. They just are not into the NFL that much. So maybe I will make some new friends here.

I like to visit the website http://walterfootball.com/ to look at college prospects. He is just as accurate as anyone else for the most part and has a ton of info. I feel we will draft a corner next year. I would like everyone's opinion on what round we will draft a corner? I was thinking we need a tall corner to match up with some of the taller elite wide receivers in the NFL. Do you guys agree? So I listed 4 good prospects 6ft or taller. I can see us going corner back with our first pick. But maybe we could still land a good corner in the third or later rounds if we decide to go with a different position 1st round.

Trevard Lindley, Kentucky

Height: 6-0. Weight: 177.

Projected 40 Time: 4.41.

Projected Round (2010): Top 20 Pick.

I know Lindley is good but some say his speed is an issue?

Ras-I Dowling, Virginia

Height: 6-2. Weight: 200.

Projected 40 Time: 4.50.

Projected Round (2010): 1-2.

Dowling has great size and weight but his speed could be an issue as well!

Donovan Warren, Michigan

Height: 6-0. Weight: 182.

Projected 40 Time: 4.38.

Projected Round (2010): 2-3.

I have saw Warren play a few games, and I really like him. He has size and speed. He looks like a real ball hawk.

Perrish Cox, Oklahoma State

Height: 6-1. Weight: 196.

Projected 40 Time: 4.51.

Projected Round (2010): 4-5.

I was watching a game this year and noticed Cox making a lot of plays. I think we might could get a great corner in Cox in the later rounds.

Do you guys have any info. or opinions on these prospects? Just because they are top prospects does not mean they would be a good fit for us! So I would love to hear what you guys think of these four corners. Is there any other corners you guys think might be in our draft range that would fit our defensive scheme better?

Edited by atl.falcon4ever

Trevard Lindley

610x.jpg

Class:

Senior

Hometown:

Hiram, Ga.

High School:

Hiram

Height / Weight:

6-0 / 179

Position:

Cornerback

Experience:

3L

2.Donovan Warren-Michigan-60 182 JR 19 Tackles 4 Pass Defended

Plus He has a billion Cool Pictures on the net

sba.FBC_.vsindiana.09-26-09115.jpg

3.Walter Thurmond-Oregon-60 185 SR

Purdue+v+Oregon+Pgx3IePsBu4l.jpg

2009 Jim Thorpe Award Watch List (nation's top DB)

Preseason 1st Team All-America (Sporting News)

Preseason 1st Team All-Pac-10 (Lindy’s, Sporting News)

Preseason 2nd Team All-Pac-10 (Phil Steele)

Preseason No. 11 CB (Lindy’s)

Team’s most experienced starter with 37 to his credit

Had fastest time (tie) at full speed (2.81) in the fly 30 during winter testing

Anyway, OLD

Top CB Prospects

1)Joe Haden-Florida-511 185 JR 1 INT 18 Tackles

2)Trevard Lindley-Kentucky-60 177 SR 1 INT 7 Tackles 4 Pass Defended

3)Alterraun Verner-UCLA-511 179 SR 3 INT 13 Tackles

4)SydQuan Thompson-Cal-59 187 SR 13 Tackles 1 TFL 3 Pass Defended

5)Ras-I Dowling-Virginia-62 200 JR 16 Tackles 1 TFL 1 Pass Defended

6)Donovan Warren-Michigan-60 182 JR 19 Tackles 4 Pass Defended

7)Kyle Wilson-Boise State-510 187 SR 12 Tackles

8)Patrick Robinson-Florida State-511 190 SR 9 Tackles 2 Pass Defended

9)Crezdon Butler-Clemson-60 185 SR 4 Tackles 1 Pass Defended

10)Walter Thurmond-Oregon-60 185 SR 1 INT 17 Tackles 2 Pass Defended

11)Chris Chancellor-Clemson-510 173 SR 1 INT 6 Tackles 2 Pass Defended

12)Akwasi Owushu-Ansah 61 205 IUP 1 INT 15 Tackles

13)Javier Arenas-Alabama-59 198 SR 14 Tackles 1 TFL 1 Sack 2 Pass Defended

14)Stephan Virgil-Virginia Tech-511 186 SR 9 Tackles 4 TFL

15)Kareem Jackson-Alabama-511 186 JR 6 Tackles 3 Pass Defended

16)Brandon Ghee-Wake Forest-60 191 SR 20 Tackles 1 Pass Defended

17)Jerome Murphy South Florida 61 185 SR 1 INT 7 Tackles 2 FF 1 Blocked Kick

18)Perrish Cox-Oklahoma State-61 196 SR 8 Tackles 8 Pass Defended

19)Patrick Stoudamire-Western Illinois-511 185 SR

20)A.J Jefferson Fresno State 60 190 SR 15 Tackles 3 TFL 1 Pass Defended 1 FF

To me, no Corner in this years draft is worth a 1st round pick ... Haden has all the talent, but he's not performing well so far ... Robinson was looking like a 1st round talent before the season started, but he hasn't been playing well so far either, that's why he's free-falling down the rankings ... everybody else is 2nd round talent at best.

I'd be surprised if our first pick in 2010 (whenever it maybe be) would be a CB.

Hi, I have been following this board for the last 4 years & enjoyed just reading the post during & between seasons. I have always loved the Falcons & for some reason just felt compelled to join & hopefully add some quality to the

discussion board. To let you all know I am no expert & I am sure a lot of you know a lot more than I. I keep up with the team & love nothing more than talking football or watching it. I find it hard to talk to most of my friends in regards to Falcon football. They just are not into the NFL that much. So maybe I will make some new friends here.

I like to visit the website http://walterfootball.com/ to look at college prospects. He is just as accurate as anyone else for the most part and has a ton of info. I feel we will draft a corner next year. I would like everyone's opinion on what round we will draft a corner? I was thinking we need a tall corner to match up with some of the taller elite wide receivers in the NFL. Do you guys agree? So I listed 4 good prospects 6ft or taller. I can see us going corner back with our first pick. But maybe we could still land a good corner in the third or later rounds if we decide to go with a different position 1st round.

Trevard Lindley, Kentucky

Height: 6-0. Weight: 177.

Projected 40 Time: 4.41.

Projected Round (2010): Top 20 Pick.

I know Lindley is good but some say his speed is an issue?

Ras-I Dowling, Virginia

Height: 6-2. Weight: 200.

Projected 40 Time: 4.50.

Projected Round (2010): 1-2.

Dowling has great size and weight but his speed could be an issue as well!

Donovan Warren, Michigan

Height: 6-0. Weight: 182.

Projected 40 Time: 4.38.

Projected Round (2010): 2-3.

I have saw Warren play a few games, and I really like him. He has size and speed. He looks like a real ball hawk.

Perrish Cox, Oklahoma State

Height: 6-1. Weight: 196.

Projected 40 Time: 4.51.

Projected Round (2010): 4-5.

I was watching a game this year and noticed Cox making a lot of plays. I think we might could get a great corner in Cox in the later rounds.

Do you guys have any info. or opinions on these prospects? Just because they are top prospects does not mean they would be a good fit for us! So I would love to hear what you guys think of these four corners. Is there any other corners you guys think might be in our draft range that would fit our defensive scheme better?

I think Cox is the best of the 4. He is a very good, physical corner and a solid return man. I like the info on WalterFootball, but those guys mocks are not very good. Expecially there early mocks for 2010....they have the Falcons taking Hardy from Ole Miss. I highly doubt it.

Edited by Deacon SquirrelDawg

Guest atl.falcon4ever

I agree. I was reading on Walter Football and that was what they were saying was his major drawback. Do you know a site were I can do some research on the corners coming out that evaluates them better. Chris Houston has all the speed but does not matter if you don't turn around to see were the ball is. So speed is definitely not everything. So who are your top 10 or so corners possibly coming out this year.

Edited by atl.falcon4ever

I agree. I was reading on Walter Football and that was what they were saying was his major drawback. Do you know a site were I can do some research on the corners coming out that evaluates them better. Chris Houston has all the speed but does not matter if you don't turn around to see were the ball is. So speed is definitely not everything. So who are your top 10 or so corners possibly coming out this year.

ESPN has a good review on prospects (NFL link then Draft link). They sometimes post a free review but it's usaly a pay site. Scout.com is another good site. They give a good in depth review on the top 30 or so prospects. Other free sites are Draftcountdown.com or NFLdraftdog.com.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

ESPN has a good review on prospects (NFL link then Draft link). They sometimes post a free review but it's usaly a pay site. Scout.com is another good site. They give a good in depth review on the top 30 or so prospects. Other free sites are Draftcountdown.com or NFLdraftdog.com.

Thanks, I'll check them out as well.