I Still Very Concerned About our CB's

bigmildog

Guys I have stayed away from the boards after Sunday Nights game until now, so I am sorry if this topic has been beat like a rented goalie. I am really happy that we are 4-1 and really happy that we won the Sunday Night game in Primetime. I have to say that it really scares me that we have such a Glaring weakness at CB. Looking ahead to the Saints game(I know we are playing the cowgirls next) it really worries me that Brees and Co. will shred our secondary. I mean there was at least Three different occassions where Chris Houston didn't even get his head turned around to see where the ball was coming from. We were playing the Bears and granted they have a good QB in Cutler, you have to remember that they have no number one and no number two WR's on their team. We need to have much better play at this position because against well coached teams with smart Offensive coordinators they will not stop going after our weak DB's. Maybe I am an eternal pessimist but this is going to be an issue that bites us in a bad place somewhere down the road.

I am not an expert, nor have I ever claimed to be, but it seems to me that alot of people spend time harping on our defense on the boards. Last two weeks we have had alot of positive comments, but they are still over shadowed by the I hate Jamal Anderson threads, and when will Chris Houston gets benched replies.

How about we have a little faith for a while. We are in a position we have never been in. A chance to go two winning season back to back. I have some faith that Mr. Smith knows a little thing or two about defense, and that if in the future he sees fit to change anything he will. But lets just hold on and enjoy the ride till then. How about we win those 9 games to get that second winning season then worry about everything else. We are in a position falcons fans have not known in recent history. Lets enjoy it.