Williams replacement

804_Falconfan

According to J. Mike via twitter. Grimes is on the unofficial depth chart as of now to replace Brian Williams at CB. How do you feel about Grimes starting there versus the Cowboys and Roy Williams?

He may be a man of smaller stature, but there is no limus for measuring his heart. Grimes is a gamer and plays his azz off every game. Roy Williams is a nightmare match up size wise with half the NFL's corners. He's 6'4". But he runs crappy routes, one of the biggest knocks on him in Detroit. And that he isn't a student of the game. I think Grimes will play him hard and hound his azz all game. I have faith. And when Roy catches one, DeCoud will be there to LEVEL HIM.

The last game Houston was not starting and Grimes did. Currently Houston and Grimes will start and Jackson will be the nickel. The wildcard is Hill, where he plays and how much. The other team's starting wr should not make that much of a difference it's the player that knows and plays your scheme the best.

Grimes started two weeks in a row. Williams was strictly used as a NB in SAn FRan and was starting at CB in Chicago with Grimes at the other CB position, on Nickel situation Houston was brought back to CB and Williams going to NB. So this is not anything new, Grimes has been starting the past two games. The question is who is going to play the other spot, it looks like Houston has fallen out of favor with the Coaching staff and we might see either Hill or Owens.

The last game Houston was not starting and Grimes did. Currently Houston and Grimes will start and Jackson will be the nickel. The wildcard is Hill, where he plays and how much. The other team's starting wr should not make that much of a difference it's the player that knows and plays your scheme the best.

How do you know if Houston will start, and after last game and the coaches reaction to his PI Call i have many doubts about him starting on Sunday.

I think that the Chris Houston thing comes down to his hair. First of all it adds more weigh than you might think and he was never too fast to begin with. Second, all the hair is bunched back behind his helmet causing restriction of head movement. Cutting his hair might allow him to turn once in a while to make a PLAY ON THE BALL!! :angry:

Edited by cocktailcove

I think that the Chris Houston thing comes down to his hair. First of all in adds more weigh than you might think and he was never too fast to begin with. Second, all the hair is bunched back behind his helmet causing restriction of head movement. Cutting his hair might allow him to turn his once in a while to make a PLAY ON THE BALL!! :angry:

LOL you are reaching my friend

I think that the Chris Houston thing comes down to his hair. First of all it adds more weigh than you might think and he was never too fast to begin with. Second, all the hair is bunched back behind his helmet causing restriction of head movement. Cutting his hair might allow him to turn once in a while to make a PLAY ON THE BALL!! :angry:

Gonna have to disagree with that. His speed is actually his main asset ran a 4.36 at the combine one of the fastest times that year.

According to J. Mike via twitter. Grimes is on the unofficial depth chart as of now to replace Brian Williams at CB. How do you feel about Grimes starting there versus the Cowboys and Roy Williams?

There is nothing big there -- all year it has been Williams, Grimes, Jackson 1,2,3 at LCB on the depth chart at AF.com

so with Williams out they just moved Grimes and Jackson up to 1 & 2

All year Williams has moved to the NB slot and Grimes has come in as the LCB so that is where

he has been playing all year in the NB formations.

It did not matter how he an Williams were listed on the chart.

I do not think it necessarily means he will be the starter there for the rest of the season.

(unless he earns it)

Edited by delaigle

There is nothing big there -- all year it has been Williams, Grimes, Jackson 1,2,3 at LCB on the depth chart at AF.com

so with Williams out they just moved Grimes and Jackson up to 1 & 2

All year Williams has moved to the NB slot and Grimes has come in as the LCB so that is where

he has been playing all year in the NB formations.

It did not matter how he an Williams were listed on the chart.

I do not think it necessarily means he will be the starter there for the rest of the season.

(unless he earns it)

Apparently he has earned it and started the last two games.

roy williams we graduated from the same high school but way diffrent years but i wouldnt want grimes on the guy i would have felt way better with williams on the job