Brian Williams Appreciation Thread

bozoatl

I know these guys never read this board, but as I read J. Mike's blog about Brian Williams being IR'd, I can see that for him, this is devastating.

According to the article, BW will continue to work with the younger backs to mentor and teach them. This guy came to ATL and jumped right in the mix. His run down, TD saving tackle in the SF game (after Grimes missed the tackle) shows the effort and heart that he plays with.

So now he moves from starting CB over to 'coach'. The Falcons will still benefit from him being a part of the team, just in a different way. Whatever happens at the CB position(s) from here on out depends on who will step up.

I just wanted to say thanks to Brian.

Brian, you are one HE// of a football player, and it has been an honor to have you on our team. I'm blown away by the number of game changing plays you have made this year, especially considering you didn't join the team until right before the season. And your work ethic, character, and heart is everything we want the Falcons to be.

We're going to miss you on the field, but as far as I'm concerned, you've earned the right to start out as a starter on the depth chart when next offseason starts. And I hope you clench it and keep giving us what you've given us so far this season.

PROPS, man, PROPS!

Brian get well soon.

By far this team needed you more than most fans would care to admit. With the turnovers and crucial clutch plays including the play that you got hurt on... (same play as last years' last minute touchdown by the bears forcing us to create a 11 second miracle which you promptly did what Chris Houston could not on the same coverage.)

Thank you Brian and we'll see you next year.

Im backing this one up as well. Sad to see you get injured mate, and much appreciation for taking pride in what you do, nobody really expects you to be mentoring your CB teammembers.

I think we can be on the path to winning the superbowl, when the players on our team take on the mindset that you are showing now.

This thread is a great idea, Bozoatl...thanks for starting it.

Brian Williams made a great first and lasting impression on the fans and the defense, with his effort, hustle and talent. It was a huge disappointment to see him hurt after making another solid play during the Bears game, and his skills and leadership will be missed by those on the field and in the stands.

Brian: you still have what it takes to be a starter in the NFL and we hope that your surgery is successful and that you embrace your post-surgery rehabilitation with the same passion with which you played the game. We look forward to seeing you back in the starting lineup in 2010!

Hang in there man....Finn did it and so can you!