JA98 might live up to his draft selection

yesmann

I have been critical of JA98 for the last three years due to his poor play at DE, but the switch to DT has turned his career around. He is finally playing with confidence and PASSION. He is a much, much better fit at DT. He holds the point well and is very athletic for a DT. His bull rush is much more effective from that position as well. He's still only 23, so he should grow into his new role over time. All he needs to do is get up to around 295 and he will be, dare I say it, a beast. He could finally live up to the #8 overall selection. No he won't be as good as Patrick Willis and some other guys we passed over, but I see him developing into a very good DT. We will be loaded at the position for years with Babs, Jerry and Anderson being the primary guys.

It's weird right? I had been saying for awhile he needs more time, but I didn't like him getting the start and not showing up.

Then I started calling him a bust just to frustrate Gazoo.

But he is really showing up, and I think the skills that made him a poor defensive end make him a pretty solid defensive tackle. I hope with some more practice at the spot he can continue to improve, and I'll stop calling him a bust as long as he doesn't play like one.

Thats the thing..... The guy is only 23 years old..... I am very very excited about Jamaal Anderson play.... The guy is showing allot of passion.... During the summer i said all Jamaal Anderson has to do is feel some success and he will want more.....I am starting to see that.... He has so much energy out there... I love the passion he is playing with also... I saw a mean streak out there...

I cant wait to see what the guy become now... This success will make Jamaal want more and more meaning he will work harder and harder.