This Could be the week we tie the Saints

I know i might get flamed for this but think about it for a second. The saints go into miami to play a dangerous miami team who in reality have outplayed everyone they played except for us. They also are a team who dominates time of possesion in a game. I know they lost the game vs. the colts but i doubt they will lose again in a game where they have the ball for 45 minutes and i think that may be able to do something similar vs. new orleans this week. They have the offense to keep Brees and company on the sideline and prevent them from getting into a rhythm. I know it is a bit of a stretch but if miami can pull it off that gives us a huge opportunity to tie them for the south going into the mnf showdown.

:huh:

Henne >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pennington.

henne if he plays like he did on that primetime game.. he can be very good.

he's accurate and throws downfield good.

Henne is also a 2nd year pro and 1st year starter and has only started 1 game. Againts that Saints secondary? It may be in their best interest to stay in that wildcat all game lol.

did u even read anything i put? the point was that the wildcat can keep brees off the field thus keeping the score low, but thanks for the attempt anyways

Oh so because you say the wildcat will keep Brees off the field means it actually will happen? Saints defense has atleast a turnover every week. They give up only 3.8 yards a carry. Since week 1 the Saints have forced a turnover every game this season. My point is, its easier said than done. I'm sure the Dolphins plan on wild catting teams to death but as you can see by their record its not going to happen every game.

Henne is also a 2nd year pro and 1st year starter and has only started 1 game. Againts that Saints secondary? It may be in their best interest to stay in that wildcat all game lol.

Oh so because you say the wildcat will keep Brees off the field means it actually will happen? Saints defense has atleast a turnover every week. They give up only 3.8 yards a carry. Since week 1 the Saints have forced a turnover every game this season. My point is, its easier said than done. I'm sure the Dolphins plan on wild catting teams to death but as you can see by their record its not going to happen every game.

no it wont happen every game but how many miami games have you watched? they are 2-3, we outplayed them, but in their other 2 losses to the colts and chargers they had those games won but managed to lose them, now with henne in there they have won there past 2 and are doing a magnificent job of keeping the opposing offense on the bench....like i said before it maybe a stretch for them to pull if off against new orleans but it can happen

Edited by Kroy Beer-Man

no it wont happen every game but how many miami games have you watched? they are 2-3, we outplayed them, but in their other 2 losses to the colts and chargers they had those games won but managed to lose them, now with henne in there they have won there past 2 and are doing a magnificent job of keeping the opposing offense on the bench....like i said before it maybe a stretch for them to pull if off against new orleans but it can happen

Of course it can happen. The Raiders just beat the Eagles. Its not about what Miami can do. Its about what the Saints do and they're solid against the run and have a great secondary with Sharper back there. This ain't the Saints of last year. They're for real. So yea the Dolphins could win. But only a fool would put money on the Dolphins that game.

Of course it can happen. The Raiders just beat the Eagles. Its not about what Miami can do. Its about what the Saints do and they're solid against the run and have a great secondary with Sharper back there. This ain't the Saints of last year. They're for real. So yea the Dolphins could win. But only a fool would put money on the Dolphins that game.

not doubting the saints, just pulling for miami and laying out a scenario that is a pretty realistic breakdown of the game,but at the same time i realize that just as easily the saints could put up 50 on them and win easily, just presenting a base case scenario for the falcons

I know i might get flamed for this but think about it for a second. The saints go into miami to play a dangerous miami team who in reality have outplayed everyone they played except for us. They also are a team who dominates time of possesion in a game. I know they lost the game vs. the colts but i doubt they will lose again in a game where they have the ball for 45 minutes and i think that may be able to do something similar vs. new orleans this week. They have the offense to keep Brees and company on the sideline and prevent them from getting into a rhythm. I know it is a bit of a stretch but if miami can pull it off that gives us a huge opportunity to tie them for the south going into the mnf showdown.

OR, ...this could be the week the Saints take a 2 game lead in the division.

just messing' with ya.... I hate the Cowboys almost enough to hope you DO beat them...

Having you guys come to NO at 5-1 and us at 6-0 for a MNF game would be highly copacetic!!

Makes me reminisce over the 2006 Monday nighter.

Edited by metrymudbug