Top 5 Falcons That need to Improve

Deus Legend

Norwood has been great when playing. He doesn't need to improve, he needs to stay healthy. I think there is a distinction between the two.

Turner needs to improve because he needs to correct the fumbling. I won't group our Oline in there because overall they have protected well and opened some holes inspite of everyoine we play stacking the box.

Houston - Yes

Jackson - Yes, but that is based on last night alone since he's hardly seen the field.

JA98 - Yes.

I think Grimes has had some real bad moments this year and should be on that list in place of Norwood.

With our lackluster running game it's a shock that we're even 4-1.. Just another example of what a good overall team this is. I don't know how long we can go on without our run game being there and the issue could rear it's ugly head soon (week 8 vs Saints) but I'm sure this has been a topic of many discussions amongst the coaches.

Ryan - has to improve his starts. Last year he was money on his first drives. This year it takes him 3-5 passes to get cranked up

Gonzalez - Has had a couple drops and some uncharacteristic penalties. Gotta clean that up

Roddy - more drops. Gotta fix this Roddy. Been saying this for five seasons now. It may be time for Robiskie to visit your mom again

Turner - four fumbles? In five games? Unacceptable. Plus I'm not sure he's making the same reads he made last year

Blaylock - a couple slip ups that got Ryan popped, but not too bad

Chauncey - Where are you?

Busterson - we need impact plays. Sacks, TFLs, PDs, INTs, FFs, FRs, TDs, something

Abe - gotta have the sacks bro. You are on pace for 11 but we need 14-16 with this schedule. Trust me

Crisp Houston - can you turn your head around just one time son? Please?

Tye Hill - Where are you?

Chevis Regal - lost your job to Crisp. Couldn't beat out Grimes. What's up bro? We need you right now

Nicholas - it's time for some big plays

Coverage Teams - pretty good until the CHI game. CHI has one of the best STs but we have many more on the schedule. Time to tighten it up 2008 style

Ryan - has to improve his starts. Last year he was money on his first drives. This year it takes him 3-5 passes to get cranked up

Gonzalez - Has had a couple drops and some uncharacteristic penalties. Gotta clean that up

Roddy - more drops. Gotta fix this Roddy. Been saying this for five seasons now. It may be time for Robiskie to visit your mom again

Turner - four fumbles? In five games? Unacceptable. Plus I'm not sure he's making the same reads he made last year

Busterson - we need impact plays. Sacks, TFLs, PDs, INTs, FFs, FRs, TDs, something

Abe - gotta have the sacks bro. You are on pace for 11 but we need 14-16 with this schedule. Trust me

Chevis Regal - lost your job to Crisp. Couldn't beat out Grimes. What's up bro? We need you right now

Coverage Teams - pretty good until the CHI game. CHI has one of the best STs but we have many more on the schedule. Time to tighten it up 2008 style

Geez, are we 0-5 or 4-1??? You just about listed every player on the team. My top 5 are...

1. Huston

2. Grimes

3. Abe

4. Turner

5. Elam

/agree with everything.

I'm surprised you didn't have Grimes in there, he's gotta be more consistent on tackles, although he made a few nice ones against CHI, he still made some crucial mistakes that seperate him from a reliable CB.

I'd also like to see some type of play from Coleman.

Might get burned for this one, but Lofton needs to step it up too.

I realize he's a tackle machine but he's half a step away from making huge plays like INT and more TFL. It looked like he played his zone too far up on one of the plays, and got a bad PI call.

With our lackluster running game it's a shock that we're even 4-1.. Just another example of what a good overall team this is. I don't know how long we can go on without our run game being there and the issue could rear it's ugly head soon (week 8 vs Saints) but I'm sure this has been a topic of many discussions amongst the coaches.

I am not too worried right now about our running game. I think there is an advantage to a temporary identity change because it makes us harder to defend. As long as we get it going the second half of the year this could really work out for us.

Think about it. Every week they decide that the key to stopping us is to stop the running game... but wait we are still winning... now the key is to stop the passing game... guess what that means?

I see fraud still won't acknowledge jamaal as his real name. quite pathetic.guess he's mad jamaal is having success :rolleyes:

Jim'sJackedMusic,

WTF has Busterson done but lost his job to a beer man and solidified his name as the Top Ten All Time NFL DE Draft Bust? Seriously.

Don't make me post Aundray Bruce, Patrick Kerney and Lester Archambeau's first three year stats. It is quite embarassing.

Now stay on topic. Don't digress. Please. I'm tired of talking about the Bust Man and plenty people on this board are.

To the OP, you need to proof read a few more times, it is cool on a MB, but grammatical errors arent cool if you are trying to post an article for everyone to read.

1. Houston has a small chance of fixing his problem before he is replaced on the outside

2. I dont know what is going on with Turner

3. I think that Chevis will be ok with more experience, it was solid last year, but making they are asking more from our CB this year, and the Staff wanted him to sit and learn

FFS1970 you did get a little carried away, but overall i understand you just want the best

I agree with 3 of your selections. Norwood I don't think needs to improve- he just needs to stay healthy. The last one, Michael Turner and the entire O-line is a strange pick. Michael Turner I could agree with. He has shown signs of improvement as far as not tip-toeing behind the line and running downhill, but the fumbles have got to stop. The O-line- whatever amount of blame may belong to them for the running game- has allowed the fewest sacks in the NFL. I can't see putting them on a list of parts needing to improve. If you want to put an entire group on the list, put the entire secondary on the list. Grimes, Houston, Jackson, and all of our other secondary players who have not had much time need to step up.

I think Abraham needs to step up. Bierman is playing at a high level for his talent, but I would argue that Abraham is underachieving right now. I'm not saying he is playing bad, just not up to his potential. This is a defense that seems to be overachieving right now, but Abe has only gotten one sack since week 1. I would like Sidbury to improve to give us another good DE. But I think Abe needs to play with the intensity we saw last year to help out our struggling secondary.

/agree with everything. I'm surprised you didn't have Grimes in there, he's gotta be more consistent on tackles, although he made a few nice ones against CHI, he still made some crucial mistakes that seperate him from a reliable CB.I'd also like to see some type of play from Coleman.Might get burned for this one, but Lofton needs to step it up too.I realize he's a tackle machine but he's half a step away from making huge plays like INT and more TFL. It looked like he played his zone too far up on one of the plays, and got a bad PI call.

Bent Grimes - sad to say but he has been our second best corner. We lost our best corner Sunday night. Bent missed a tackle against the SF WR but so far has been pretty solid. He may be the first bust to get his name back from me

Coleman - he has done his job at SS. Still need some big plays from him though

Lofton - you gotta be freakin kidding me. Yeah he's made some mistakes but buddy is the only one on the team showing up every week. Trust me. Third in the NFL in solos. Sixth in the NFL in totals. 2 PDs, 2 FFs and several TFLs. The only LBs ahead of him so far are LBs playing on sorry as teams that spend most of their snaps on defense. Not to mention the leadership. Grabbing older defenders by the collar and saying WTF are you doing? Watch closer bro.

Bent Grimes - sad to say but he has been our second best corner. We lost our best corner Sunday night. Bent missed a tackle against the SF WR but so far has been pretty solid. He may be the first bust to get his name back from me

Lofton - you gotta be freakin kidding me. Yeah he's made some mistakes but buddy is the only one on the team showing up every week. Trust me. Third in the NFL in solos. Sixth in the NFL in totals. 2 PDs, 2 FFs and several TFLs. The only LBs ahead of him so far are LBs playing on sorry as teams that spend most of their snaps on defense. Not to mention the leadership. Grabbing older defenders by the collar and saying WTF are you doing? Watch closer bro.

We finally are starting to see eye to eye, but Brent IMO has been our best CB, think that Williams still made his fair share of giving up big plays. I agree that Coleman has been solid, but i doubt we see alot of Turnovers from him at SS.

I saw the play were Lofton grabbed somebody if forgot who it was when they messed up, I was like Lofton is our Leader of the defense 4 real. He aint playin son.

...FFS1970 you did get a little carried away, but overall i understand you just want the best

Bro for the last time, I'm just like Arthur Blank. I won't rest until a shiny Lombardi trophy is sitting in the trophy case in Flowery Branch.

The sooner people realize this the better off we all will be. Trust me.

I'm running out of time. Plenty of Falcon fans have already run out of time.

We finally are starting to see eye to eye, but Brent IMO has been our best CB, think that Williams still made his fair share of giving up big plays. I agree that Coleman has been solid, but i doubt we see alot of Turnovers from him at SS. I saw the play were Lofton grabbed somebody if forgot who it was when they messed up, I was like Lofton is our Leader of the defense 4 real. He aint playin son.

Bro I just realized who you are. I didn't pick up the nic right away. I think we have been on the same page for awhile now. (except for the track jackin)

Yeah Williams gave up plays, but so do all CBs, every week. It's a total body of work. He was our best. Who will step up? Crisp, Bent, Regal, Tyed or some last minute TD corner off the waiver wire? I don't know. We are getting into the meat of the schedule. It's kinda scary. I'm jus sayin.

Coleman is doing a good job IMO considering he was switched back to the position that everyone said he struggled with in the past. If I'm not mistaken he had hella tackles Sunday Night. Miss those tackles and see what you get.

Lofton is by far our best defender in the the five games I've seen. He is the leader of our defense. TD's best defensive choice so far. Trust me.

What I'm saying is I can tell he's in his second year, but if he can make fewer mistakes (everyone makes a few) and then get that INT once in a while to intimidate the QBs, we'd have a little more respect in the middle of the field.